Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long 20:18 - Jul 24 with 3376 viewsgordon

Will lose a no confidence vote in September, replaced with a centrist cross-party government of national unity led by Starmer etc. who will facilitate a second referendum. Can't really see any other outcome now, given Boris and the EU aren't going back down from their respective positions, and there have got to be enough tories would happily bring that lot down to stop no deal. If Corbyn was a credible leader they would think twice about it, but the threat of a Corbyn government is too small to stop them.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:25 - Jul 24 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

Boris himself will be backtracking like nobody's business. He doesn't want the clusterf*ck of a no-deal on his political epitaph and, at some point, will have to sell whatever policy he comes up with to parliament and quite possibly the public.
He'll either end up gong to a referendum to 'reaffirm the Will Of The People' or calling a GE. Which will result in a hung parliament. And then a referendum.

These people are called idiots and BB is their leader.
Poll: Who would you like to see win the champions League final?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:25 - Jul 24 with 1525 viewsSpruceMoose

Poll: Selectamod

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:31 - Jul 24 with 1517 viewsOldsmoker

Johnson did mention Corbyn in his speech.
It was the usual "I will stop him" promise.
The Tories are scared of Corbyn for some reason.
His performances at PMQ's suggest to me that the Tories are afraid of their own shadows.
Keir Starmer has always struck me as much more of a danger because he looks the part and acts the part of a competent future PM.

Poll: Do you think Posters should be allowed to the same poll twice?

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:34 - Jul 24 with 1501 viewsgordon

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:25 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Boris himself will be backtracking like nobody's business. He doesn't want the clusterf*ck of a no-deal on his political epitaph and, at some point, will have to sell whatever policy he comes up with to parliament and quite possibly the public.
He'll either end up gong to a referendum to 'reaffirm the Will Of The People' or calling a GE. Which will result in a hung parliament. And then a referendum.

Possibly - personally I don't think he will backtrack, I think he genuinely believes that if you say positive things then it all just sort of falls into place nicely.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 1495 viewsBlueBadger

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:31 - Jul 24 by Oldsmoker

His performances at PMQ's suggest to me that the Tories are afraid of their own shadows.
Keir Starmer has always struck me as much more of a danger because he looks the part and acts the part of a competent future PM.

They would sh1t themselves if someone halfway competent and skilled at the despatch box like him, Thornberry or Benn got anywhere near the leadership.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 1491 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well if he looks and acts the part!

Poll: Just subjected to Hollyoaks.......who finds duck lips attractive?

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 1492 viewsOldsmoker

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:25 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

That sums up his limited options.
I agree with you that events will govern Johnson rather than Johnson governing the events.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 1490 viewsBlueBadger

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:34 - Jul 24 by gordon

Possibly - personally I don't think he will backtrack, I think he genuinely believes that if you say positive things then it all just sort of falls into place nicely.

If 'get behind your country' failed on TWTD, it's not going to work for the wider nation.
[Post edited 24 Jul 20:36]

Login to get fewer ads

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 1481 viewsgordon

The 'I'm the man to beat Corbyn' stuff from a party in power talking about the leader of a party polling at about 20% is bizarre. Half of this board could beat Corbyn.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:37 - Jul 24 with 1471 viewsgordon

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

If 'get behind your country' failed on TWTD, it's not going to work for the wider nation.
[Post edited 24 Jul 20:36]

I didn't say it was going to work...
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:38 - Jul 24 with 1469 viewsOldsmoker

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well if he looks and acts the part!

Don't let this thread degenerate into a discussion on wildfowl.

(Personally, I've always liked the great crested grebe)

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:39 - Jul 24 with 1455 viewsSpruceMoose

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:38 - Jul 24 by Oldsmoker

Don't let this thread degenerate into a discussion on wildfowl.

(Personally, I've always liked the great crested grebe)

Had you down as more of a booby man.

Poll: Selectamod

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:59 - Jul 24 with 1422 viewsOldsmoker

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:39 - Jul 24 by SpruceMoose

Had you down as more of a booby man.

Don't let this thread degenerate into a discussion about the charms of Pamela Andersons assets.
The number of times I had to argue that Baywatch had great plots and really good acting in order to watch it exhausted me.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:02 - Jul 24 with 1417 viewsCoastalblue

Starmer's another of the elite who's happy to cover things up and look after the 'right' people.

You may be right, the way things are these days he may well end up leader, but I wouldn't trust him farther than I could throw him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:05 - Jul 24 with 1395 viewsOldsmoker

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:02 - Jul 24 by Coastalblue

Starmer's another of the elite who's happy to cover things up and look after the 'right' people.

You may be right, the way things are these days he may well end up leader, but I wouldn't trust him farther than I could throw him.

You're right not to trust him.
He's a Politician.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:38 - Jul 24 with 1320 viewsMugwump

I think The Tory’s are very lucky to have Corbyn as the leader of the opposition. The reason why Boris mentioned Corbyn is because he has almost no majority and he needs to get the detractors from his own party onside.

He also has to worry about The Brexit Party voters as come a general election they could decimate the Tory vote.

Jeremy Corbyn is keeping The Conservative Party alive.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:38 - Jul 24 with 1315 viewsActionMan

This is how you end up with Nigel Farage, so please lets not do that.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 1287 viewsgordon

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:38 - Jul 24 by ActionMan

This is how you end up with Nigel Farage, so please lets not do that.

Johnson will have negated Farage already, to some extent. If we end up in a general election before a second referendum or an actual Brexit, the fact of Johnson failing at Brexit wont make a very strong argument for Farage somehow managing to do it.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:53 - Jul 24 with 1271 viewspointofblue

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 20:35 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

They would sh1t themselves if someone halfway competent and skilled at the despatch box like him, Thornberry or Benn got anywhere near the leadership.

Starmer or Benn maybe but... Thornberry???

Poll: Which formation should we play moving forward?

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:54 - Jul 24 with 1268 viewsMugwump

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:45 - Jul 24 by gordon

Johnson will have negated Farage already, to some extent. If we end up in a general election before a second referendum or an actual Brexit, the fact of Johnson failing at Brexit wont make a very strong argument for Farage somehow managing to do it.

I think a year ago Farage would have let Boris get on with it and stand The Brexit Party down. Now though Farage has Trump blowing bubbles up his arse I think that he has genuine eyes on the PM job - and before people laugh too hard no one would have believed Boris would be anywhere near the job a few years back. The split between Labour and Lib Dem’s and the Tory / Brexit split makes anything possible.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 1250 viewsgordon

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:54 - Jul 24 by Mugwump

I think a year ago Farage would have let Boris get on with it and stand The Brexit Party down. Now though Farage has Trump blowing bubbles up his arse I think that he has genuine eyes on the PM job - and before people laugh too hard no one would have believed Boris would be anywhere near the job a few years back. The split between Labour and Lib Dem’s and the Tory / Brexit split makes anything possible.

Definitely possible - for the next PM odds most bookies have Corbyn a clear favourite followed by Swinson, Starmer and Farage joint second favourites.

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 1247 viewsHARRY10

At the moment Mr Piffle waffle is almost totally dependent on the bigots in NI, hence his visiting a month or so back.

He does not have a majority in the house as far as brexit goes as so will be unable to force through a no deal, and with his dependence on the DUP change any of the back stop agreement either.

As to a no confidence vote why would the pro remain MPs back that. They have Johnson just where they want and such is his unprincipled vanity that he will agree to anything to keep himm in 'power'. Remember it needs 2/3rds of MPs to vote for an election, it is not Johnson's choice.

I expect another extension will be granted on the UK agreeing to a decisive act. Which would have to be a referendum. And given how the polling is going that would be fairly decisive in Remain favour.

The Brexit company will simply wither away as did the BNP before them. the UK voters will want to embrace the future not cling to the past.
That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 22:05 - Jul 24 with 1226 viewsMugwump

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 21:58 - Jul 24 by gordon

Definitely possible - for the next PM odds most bookies have Corbyn a clear favourite followed by Swinson, Starmer and Farage joint second favourites.

That sounded a bit crazy so I just checked and you are correct. My surprise was that Boris wasn’t favourite but it must be a technicality thing as he isn’t listed - whereas Piers Morgan is!

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 1208 viewsSwansea_Blue

Liz Truss, Int Trade Sec. And apparently she’s been told trade deals are taking too long and she has to hurry them up.

Raab Foreign Sec, superb trolling. And now Ester McVey has gone into number 10. This is hilarious.

Poll: What player was the poorer of these two

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 22:14 - Jul 24 with 1197 viewsgordon

That cabinet isnt going to govern for long on 22:05 - Jul 24 by Mugwump

That sounded a bit crazy so I just checked and you are correct. My surprise was that Boris wasn’t favourite but it must be a technicality thing as he isn’t listed - whereas Piers Morgan is!

Um, Boris is the current PM?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019