Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
keeping an eye on the cricket 13:27 - Jul 25 with 813 viewsFtnfwest

I'm wondering if Jason Roy might not be the answer at nr 3 rather than opening. Root always seems to fail when he bats there rather than nr 4. Still leaves the problem of openers but would be one thing sorted and better than Denley.
keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:30 - Jul 25 with 803 viewsScuzzer

Or perhaps Leach should remain as an opener... :-)

Established 1968

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:31 - Jul 25 with 790 viewsFtnfwest

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:30 - Jul 25 by Scuzzer

needs to supplement his bowling somehow i suppose!
keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:36 - Jul 25 with 775 viewsRadlett_blue

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:30 - Jul 25 by Scuzzer

He's done well, but a little different facing 80mph bowlers than Starc & Cummins.
It's right to give Roy a go in Test cricket, but nothing I've seen today makes me think he's a Test opener. Likely to do better down the order - didn't Warner start his Test career at 6? Doesn't solve the issue of 2 Test openers being needed in short order. Burns isn't good enough.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 13:49]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:40 - Jul 25 with 759 viewsFtnfwest

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:36 - Jul 25 by Radlett_blue

He's done well, but a little different facing 80mph bowlers than Starc & Cummins.
It's right to give Roy a go in Test cricket, but nothing I've seen today makes me think he's a Test opener. Likely to do better down the order - didn't Warner start his Test career at 6? Doesn't solve the issue of 2 Test openers being needed in short order. Burns isn't good enough.

Must be time for Hildreth to get a go, although not sure what his current forms like. Knocking on a bit now but no reason he couldn't play for a few years at England level. Burns is frustrating. I thought he was a bright spot in the west indies series but not building on it. May get a game next week anyway because there's nobody else i guess.
keeping an eye on the cricket on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 732 viewschristiand

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:40 - Jul 25 by Ftnfwest

Must be time for Hildreth to get a go, although not sure what his current forms like. Knocking on a bit now but no reason he couldn't play for a few years at England level. Burns is frustrating. I thought he was a bright spot in the west indies series but not building on it. May get a game next week anyway because there's nobody else i guess.

Hildreth has been consistently good for Somerset for the last few seasons, unfortunately I think his opportunity with England may have passed him by. Always a very decent county player, it's a pity he was never given a chance in the test arena.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 14:07]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

keeping an eye on the cricket on 14:52 - Jul 25 with 694 viewsScuzzer

keeping an eye on the cricket on 13:36 - Jul 25 by Radlett_blue

Just out bowled for 72...not too bad for a non opener.

Established 1968

keeping an eye on the cricket on 15:05 - Jul 25 with 683 viewschristiand

keeping an eye on the cricket on 14:52 - Jul 25 by Scuzzer

Importantly, Leach is still there 89n/o showing the batsmen how it's done!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

keeping an eye on the cricket on 15:07 - Jul 25 with 678 viewsvilanovablue

keeping an eye on the cricket on 14:52 - Jul 25 by Scuzzer

It's Ireland! He should be scoring tons for fun against this trundling and old attack!
Login to get fewer ads

keeping an eye on the cricket on 16:00 - Jul 25 with 642 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve just had a small bet on Ireland on the exchange at 8/1

Bairstow gone for a pair and 5 down. Ok it’s ireland but they have another innings and we only lead by 72 with 5 wickets left. Ireland ought to be around 5/2 or 3/1. 8s is just too big to ignore.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

keeping an eye on the cricket on 16:40 - Jul 25 with 630 viewsstrikalite

My god the art of Test cricket seems to have gone, probably due to all this white ball stuff, none of them can play a ball off a good length, bat and pad off the front foot, dreadful footwork, that's what all this one day pushing for singles has done I guess..

Chris Tavare will show them how it's done...
keeping an eye on the cricket on 17:10 - Jul 25 with 616 viewsReuser_is_God

We're about to lose to Ireland.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

keeping an eye on the cricket on 17:34 - Jul 25 with 603 viewsgordon

keeping an eye on the cricket on 16:00 - Jul 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve just had a small bet on Ireland on the exchange at 8/1

Bairstow gone for a pair and 5 down. Ok it’s ireland but they have another innings and we only lead by 72 with 5 wickets left. Ireland ought to be around 5/2 or 3/1. 8s is just too big to ignore.

Good bet that. Difficult to predict what'll happen in the ashes based on this but difficult to see how England can get enough top order runs to win test matches.

Burns and Denly don't look like they have what it takes, Roy is a long-shot, Bairstow's form has been poor for a couple of years, and Stokes / Buttler / Ali are all decent no. 7 in test cricket, but potentially exposed higher up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024