Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert does not sound happy ... 14:37 - Jul 25 with 7743 viewsSomethingBlue

... about the transfer situation. We have been missing dynamic, purposeful management on that side for so long now and it is among the many things that have crippled us. Absolutely vital we get some things over the line pretty much immediately.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 2888 viewsITFC_Forever

He's going to walk in the first few weeks / months of the season for those exact reasons.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:48 - Jul 25 with 2866 viewsportmanking

Do you blame him? This club reeks of incompetence from top to bottom and still the fans suck it up.
Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:49 - Jul 25 with 2838 viewsartsbossbeard

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:45 - Jul 25 by ITFC_Forever

He's going to walk in the first few weeks / months of the season for those exact reasons.

There's no way he came into the job blind. He knew the score, surely?

We all knew..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:49 - Jul 25 with 2827 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:48 - Jul 25 by portmanking

Do you blame him? This club reeks of incompetence from top to bottom and still the fans suck it up.

I'd blame him, as surely it isn't a surprise to him that we are run this way? It's been this way for a years or more now. He knew what he was getting into.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:51 - Jul 25 with 2811 viewsitfcjoe

Same sh*t, different year.

Evans either needs to hand responsibility over for the running of the club, or focus on it as his main job.

It's not a part time gig

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:51 - Jul 25 with 2802 viewsportmanking

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:49 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

I'd blame him, as surely it isn't a surprise to him that we are run this way? It's been this way for a years or more now. He knew what he was getting into.

It's probably one of those things that until you've been in that hot-seat for yourself you'll never truly know. Now he's in there, he's finding it difficult not to communicate to the fans how unfit ME is for Ipswich Town Football Club.
Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:51 - Jul 25 with 2797 viewsfooters

As I have no evidence as to who's responsible for this, I place my blame on Marcus Evans.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 14:52]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:53 - Jul 25 with 2772 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:48 - Jul 25 by portmanking

No, I do not.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:53 - Jul 25 with 2777 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting that Lambert calls out the fact these are not loan deals. Further suggests that Evans is in no mood to pay fees or realistic wages. "League 1, we know what we are"

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:53 - Jul 25 with 2755 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:51 - Jul 25 by portmanking

It's probably one of those things that until you've been in that hot-seat for yourself you'll never truly know. Now he's in there, he's finding it difficult not to communicate to the fans how unfit ME is for Ipswich Town Football Club.

He doesn't need to worry about that. We all know the way Evans runs things. Realistically, his job is to unearth free gems and get us playing winning football with the limited players we have.

I'm reminded of someone who did that pretty well for a while...
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 14:54]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:54 - Jul 25 with 2747 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:51 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

Same sh*t, different year.

Evans either needs to hand responsibility over for the running of the club, or focus on it as his main job.

It's not a part time gig

Yep. As said a million times now, we are going into possibly the most important season of the club's history — I don't see this as an exaggeration at all — well undercooked when it wouldn't take a great deal for us to be looking decently set.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:55 - Jul 25 with 2722 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:54 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

Yep. As said a million times now, we are going into possibly the most important season of the club's history — I don't see this as an exaggeration at all — well undercooked when it wouldn't take a great deal for us to be looking decently set.

Completely agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:55 - Jul 25 with 2719 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:53 - Jul 25 by Illinoisblue

Interesting that Lambert calls out the fact these are not loan deals. Further suggests that Evans is in no mood to pay fees or realistic wages. "League 1, we know what we are"

Further evidence that the game has well and truly left ME behind, and he can't / won't catch up.

All very well him taking the moral high-ground and not paying crazy fees / wages, but very hard for everyone else to see us tumble down the football pecking order in the meantime.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:56 - Jul 25 with 2708 viewsportmanking

I repeat - it's a f*cking disgrace that our club has been downgraded simply because our owner isn't fit for leading a club of our magnitude.
Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:57 - Jul 25 with 2688 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:54 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

We have a part time MD, who has to sign off every decision - it doesn't work for a two bob company to be like that, let alone a professional football club

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:58 - Jul 25 with 2656 viewschicoazul

And let's not forget we have had something like 2m in windfalls for Mings and Clarke that wont have been in the budget, and may yet get one for Webster too. Why not spend it?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:58 - Jul 25 with 2655 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:55 - Jul 25 by ITFC_Forever

Further evidence that the game has well and truly left ME behind, and he can't / won't catch up.

All very well him taking the moral high-ground and not paying crazy fees / wages, but very hard for everyone else to see us tumble down the football pecking order in the meantime.

Evans doesn't seem to realise that the market has moved massively. We seem to still be valuing players on what they would have cost a decade (or more) ago.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:59 - Jul 25 with 2634 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:56 - Jul 25 by portmanking

I repeat - it's a f*cking disgrace that our club has been downgraded simply because our owner isn't fit for leading a club of our magnitude.

We haven't been a club of any magnitude for some time now sadly.

Evans is just trying to ride it out until the expectations of the fans fall into line with the kind of club he is willing to fund.

Look at it this way, being in the FA Cup 4th round draw would be something to get excited about these days. How the hell did that happen?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 15:00]

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:59 - Jul 25 with 2629 viewschicoazul

I can't see it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 2603 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:59 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

I can't see it.

Agree. This job is make or break for him. If he does well there could be other jobs in the future at a slightly higher level. If he walks it'll be a case of Paul Who? He needs us.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 2600 viewschicoazul

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:49 - Jul 25 by artsbossbeard

There's no way he came into the job blind. He knew the score, surely?

We all knew..

Well he would have known that there was no money to spend, as Evans is always very clear about budget with his Manager. What he probably *didnt* know or understood was how long it would take to get deals done, especially at this level, given our Owner is hands on in transfers, doesnt delegate, and runs a large multi-national business of which Ipswich is a very small part.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 2574 viewssparks

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:58 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

And let's not forget we have had something like 2m in windfalls for Mings and Clarke that wont have been in the budget, and may yet get one for Webster too. Why not spend it?

You do understand that we are about 15m down dont you?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:02 - Jul 25 with 2555 viewsHerbivore

Not a huge loss if he does.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:02 - Jul 25 with 2546 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Agree. This job is make or break for him. If he does well there could be other jobs in the future at a slightly higher level. If he walks it'll be a case of Paul Who? He needs us.

Can put it down to ME's transfer policy.

As could some of our other ex-managers.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 with 2543 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 by sparks

You do understand that we are about 15m down dont you?

Our turnover was about £18m so that isn't correct

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024