Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert 22:29 - Jul 25 with 2709 viewspointofblue

Does he [Lambert] have a valuation in mind? “My valuation? It doesn’t matter what my valuation is, it’s the owner’s valuation. We talk and he asks me what I think, but regarding valuations, it’s not my money, it’s the club’s money or Marcus’s money.

“Marcus knows what I think with the whole scenario and it’s up to QPR to come up with the money that Marcus thinks is acceptable.”

Lambert: Judge Situation the Same 25th Jul 2019 15:03
Blues boss Paul Lambert says Alan Judge's situation remains unchanged, reiterating that QPR’s offers for the 30-year-old have come nowhere near Town’s valuation of the Republic of Ireland international. 23

Surely the manager should be setting valuations; at least he has a grounding in football? If they're completely unreasonable Evans could step in but otherwise it feels like the noose is being tightened around the club, financially. Pot luck promotion seems to be the best hope we have.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:36 - Jul 25 with 2682 viewsJimmyJazz

He held firm on the bids coming in for McGoldrick some years ago - actually it's one of the few things he does quite well

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:39 - Jul 25 with 2669 viewspointofblue

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:36 - Jul 25 by JimmyJazz

He held firm on the bids coming in for McGoldrick some years ago - actually it's one of the few things he does quite well

The unfortunate thing is he gets bit on the backside when he does hold firm - McGoldrick let his contract run down and Bialkowski lost form. No criticism as ever towards Evans for those choices, but Murphy's departure was badly handled.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:40 - Jul 25 with 2653 viewsCoastalblue

It's only ever going to be Evans' call and decision, as it should be, it really is his money.

You'd hope he takes advice and listens to it and to get where he has I can't imagine he doesn't.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:41 - Jul 25 with 2651 viewsJimmyJazz

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:39 - Jul 25 by pointofblue

The unfortunate thing is he gets bit on the backside when he does hold firm - McGoldrick let his contract run down and Bialkowski lost form. No criticism as ever towards Evans for those choices, but Murphy's departure was badly handled.

Yes, in hindsight i would rather have had the money. The Murphy thing was the timing rather than the fee

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 23:46 - Jul 25 with 2564 viewsJ2BLUE

Not being funny but if the money is going to offset Evans' input and not be reinvested then it doesn't really matter. If Evans says £500k and Lambert says £1m what difference does it make? Evans will use it to offset costs so it matters little to the fans. We all know that if he goes he either won't be replaced or it will be a much cheaper loan/free agent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 23:51 - Jul 25 with 2558 viewsElderGrizzly

Under Mick. It was MM telling him what was too little/too much when buying and selling. I can’t imagine that has changed drastically.

Evans will make the final decision, but he is completely guided by the manager. There are apparently players we haven’t signed because MM said the valuation was too high
Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 23:52 - Jul 25 with 2555 viewsSwansea_Blue

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 23:46 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

Not being funny but if the money is going to offset Evans' input and not be reinvested then it doesn't really matter. If Evans says £500k and Lambert says £1m what difference does it make? Evans will use it to offset costs so it matters little to the fans. We all know that if he goes he either won't be replaced or it will be a much cheaper loan/free agent.

I blame the Football Manager series. Remember the 'good' old days when you never really worried about the business side, just went to the games and supported the team ? These days everyone seems to want an opinion of every transfer, salary, annual accounts. Not a dig at the OP, just how it seems to be now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 00:13 - Jul 26 with 2525 viewsJ2BLUE

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 23:52 - Jul 25 by Swansea_Blue

I blame the Football Manager series. Remember the 'good' old days when you never really worried about the business side, just went to the games and supported the team ? These days everyone seems to want an opinion of every transfer, salary, annual accounts. Not a dig at the OP, just how it seems to be now.

I'd understand it if we had a reinvestment policy. It still amazes me how many people think we would spend the fee on a replacement.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 00:15 - Jul 26 with 2525 viewsStNeotsBlue

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 23:52 - Jul 25 by Swansea_Blue

To a degree it has always been the case I still hold a grudge against Sheffield Wednesday for stealing the late, great Dalian Atkinson from us for the derisory fee of £450,000.
Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 01:46 - Jul 26 with 2478 viewsActionMan

I think Marcus has done himself no favours with this one though, over the years he's had the likes of Clegg and Milne come out and say the fees incoming for x player will be reinvested in the team, and then we signed Jonathan Douglas and Jordan Spence on free. He said time and time again it would be reinvested in the team but the reality was different. The expectation was high, and we'd come accustomed under Sheepshanks to actually see the money reinvested, we sold Taricco but bought Wilnis, we sold Dyer, but bought Jermaine Wright, Marcus Stewart, Martijn Reuser and so on and we saw it build and improve. Under Evans the exact opposite has happened forcing Mick to make do on a shoestring despite reasonable fees coming in.
Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 03:31 - Jul 26 with 2439 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:36 - Jul 25 by JimmyJazz

And last year we lowered our valuation of Waggy.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 07:22 - Jul 26 with 2285 viewsElephantintheRoom

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 01:46 - Jul 26 by ActionMan

I think Marcus has done himself no favours with this one though, over the years he's had the likes of Clegg and Milne come out and say the fees incoming for x player will be reinvested in the team, and then we signed Jonathan Douglas and Jordan Spence on free. He said time and time again it would be reinvested in the team but the reality was different. The expectation was high, and we'd come accustomed under Sheepshanks to actually see the money reinvested, we sold Taricco but bought Wilnis, we sold Dyer, but bought Jermaine Wright, Marcus Stewart, Martijn Reuser and so on and we saw it build and improve. Under Evans the exact opposite has happened forcing Mick to make do on a shoestring despite reasonable fees coming in.

Town have always been and always will be a selling club. Gerry Baker for Ray Crawford, Irvin Gernon for Mick MIlls, Muehren and Thijssen for Talbot etc etc. It's the manager's job to help the owner sell high and buy low. It's hardly Evans' fault if a series of managers have been utterly inept and too lazy to meet that essential brief. Getting rid of Judge for a fee is good business.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 07:49 - Jul 26 with 2234 viewsGeoffSentence

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 00:15 - Jul 26 by StNeotsBlue

To a degree it has always been the case I still hold a grudge against Sheffield Wednesday for stealing the late, great Dalian Atkinson from us for the derisory fee of £450,000.

Me too, I still recall how flabberghasted I was when we sold him, and sold him for such a paltrey fee.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 07:58 - Jul 26 with 2201 viewsTractorJack

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 01:46 - Jul 26 by ActionMan

But how frustrating (for Evans and us) that when we reinvested last summer following the Webster/Waghorn sales, as a whole the recruitment was terrible.
Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 07:59 - Jul 26 with 2196 viewsipswichtillidie

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 07:49 - Jul 26 by GeoffSentence

Me too, I still recall how flabberghasted I was when we sold him, and sold him for such a paltrey fee.

Judges injury was picked up on the 7th June against Denmark. Full recovery for a broken wrist is 6 weeks. We are now at the 7 week point and for me that is unfortunately telling as to why he hasn’t been involved yet. Certainly would expect him to play apart of the game at the Abby tomor if we intend on keeping him. If QPR are close to our value of the player then you have to expect him to play no part otherwise we should be starting him and sending a message to both player and QPR. Unless of course Judge himself is saying “ he isn’t quite right” as a way of protecting the transfer!

Gav

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 08:13 - Jul 26 with 2171 viewsbobbyramsey

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 22:40 - Jul 25 by Coastalblue

It's only ever going to be Evans' call and decision, as it should be, it really is his money.

You'd hope he takes advice and listens to it and to get where he has I can't imagine he doesn't.

Oh for a board of directors.....
Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 08:18 - Jul 26 with 2154 viewsJimmyJazz

Judge - my concern is Evans is setting the valuation, not Lambert on 07:49 - Jul 26 by GeoffSentence

That WAS the Ipswich way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024