Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours 05:22 - Jul 26 with 6001 viewstextbackup

Matt Rhead has joined that headcast Glenn Tamplin at billericay

And secondly, I’m not even sure I should post it, but we appear to have an absolute wrong’un amongst us on here. Hopefully never to be seen at PR again (or any game Town play in, or open day!!)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:27 - Jul 26 with 3271 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That was what was kicking off on here the other day Texters.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:37 - Jul 26 with 3256 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:27 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

That was what was kicking off on here the other day Texters.

I’d assume lastnight as that’s when it become knowledge?

Missed it on here tho as was rammed at work.

I’m pretty sure I can guess some stood up for him... after all this is TWTD.

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:38 - Jul 26 with 3248 viewsclive_baker

I’d say there’s more than one of them!

As for Rhead, yeah, they’ve got another joining him soon who’s also a big name at that level. They’ll be strong this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:48 - Jul 26 with 3235 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:37 - Jul 26 by textbackup

Naa on Tuesday. It was known to some before twitter got wind of it.

Nobody stood up for him. Who could stand up for something like that? I was originally kicking off at him for DMing Troy abuse. To which his previous was revealed. Don’t link the story or his name or the thread will have to be deleted (as two have been already) but I’m sure talking like this (it’s common knowledge on twitter anyway) is ok.

Anyway.. I’m off to bed. I wonder if this thread will be here or not when I wake up. Night all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:50 - Jul 26 with 3236 viewsLimitlessBlue

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:37 - Jul 26 by textbackup

I wouldn't say I would personally stick up for him but I am not a big believer in firstly outing someone on social media for their crimes and highlighting where they live as this can have dire consequences, OK some may feel that criminal "A" deserves a good kicking but if you feel that strongly about it do it yourself, also that any Criminal is considered at fault for the length of their sentence, this is down to the courts who impose these daft sentences, look at that Nursery worker who has served 10 years for her appaling crimes and is set to be released!

I am sure we would all be shocked at some of those who walk amongst us in life, who stand next to us when shopping, who sit near us at football. I worked with a bloke once who I got on really well with, I found out when he was younger he was involved in a fight, killed someone, went to court, jail, released and years later was thought very highly of by the people he worked with.... strange as it sounds, when I had found out, I still got on well with him - as far as I know he is still a season ticket holder at ITFC. I am not saying I am friends with, or would want to be friends with, or am even standing up for this fan at our club recently spoke of but just think this vigilante talk on twitter last night was getting out of hand.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:07 - Jul 26 with 3196 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:50 - Jul 26 by LimitlessBlue

I wouldn't say I would personally stick up for him but I am not a big believer in firstly outing someone on social media for their crimes and highlighting where they live as this can have dire consequences, OK some may feel that criminal "A" deserves a good kicking but if you feel that strongly about it do it yourself, also that any Criminal is considered at fault for the length of their sentence, this is down to the courts who impose these daft sentences, look at that Nursery worker who has served 10 years for her appaling crimes and is set to be released!

I am sure we would all be shocked at some of those who walk amongst us in life, who stand next to us when shopping, who sit near us at football. I worked with a bloke once who I got on really well with, I found out when he was younger he was involved in a fight, killed someone, went to court, jail, released and years later was thought very highly of by the people he worked with.... strange as it sounds, when I had found out, I still got on well with him - as far as I know he is still a season ticket holder at ITFC. I am not saying I am friends with, or would want to be friends with, or am even standing up for this fan at our club recently spoke of but just think this vigilante talk on twitter last night was getting out of hand.

As I say I missed all the talk on here about it. So wasn’t aware addresses etc had been outed. As for his name etc, well that’s in the public domain, so personally I’ve no issue with that.

I assume the guy you speak of didn’t fight/kill a baby? I’m not saying the guys life he took doesn’t matter because he’s an adult, but slightly different circumstances I’d say.

Sincerely hope the club make this guy aware that he’s not welcome, if you go to prison for a football related offence the club apply lifetime bans, whilst this isn’t football related, morally, I think they should take action

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:15 - Jul 26 with 3178 viewsLimitlessBlue

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:07 - Jul 26 by textbackup

As I say I missed all the talk on here about it. So wasn’t aware addresses etc had been outed. As for his name etc, well that’s in the public domain, so personally I’ve no issue with that.

I assume the guy you speak of didn’t fight/kill a baby? I’m not saying the guys life he took doesn’t matter because he’s an adult, but slightly different circumstances I’d say.

Sincerely hope the club make this guy aware that he’s not welcome, if you go to prison for a football related offence the club apply lifetime bans, whilst this isn’t football related, morally, I think they should take action

No it was a drunken fight that got out of hand I believe so no children involved.

Personally I would hate it if there was a question on any season ticket application asking 'Do you have a criminal record, if so what is it for...'

thankfully my convictions are long since spent!

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:22 - Jul 26 with 3163 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:15 - Jul 26 by LimitlessBlue

No it was a drunken fight that got out of hand I believe so no children involved.

Personally I would hate it if there was a question on any season ticket application asking 'Do you have a criminal record, if so what is it for...'

thankfully my convictions are long since spent!

Yeah I see your point, and yes many offenders are reformed characters.... but something just doesn’t sit right with me over child offences, then turning up at the ITFC family day....

But to be honest, nothing I say or think on the situation will make any difference so I’m not even sure why I’ve posted about it 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:31 - Jul 26 with 3129 viewsclive_baker

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:22 - Jul 26 by textbackup

Yeah I see your point, and yes many offenders are reformed characters.... but something just doesn’t sit right with me over child offences, then turning up at the ITFC family day....

But to be honest, nothing I say or think on the situation will make any difference so I’m not even sure why I’ve posted about it 😂

What’s happened?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:32 - Jul 26 with 3134 viewsLimitlessBlue

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:22 - Jul 26 by textbackup

I will agree it is very odd doing the Family day considering what the crime was, kind of lacks any sort of remorse on the part of the offender in a way.

Anyway, nice to have an adult discussion considering the 'im gonna whack him' tweets from some folk!

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:05 - Jul 26 with 3013 viewsSitfcB

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:07 - Jul 26 by textbackup

Address published in the Evening Star link tbf.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:08 - Jul 26 with 3004 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:32 - Jul 26 by LimitlessBlue

I will agree it is very odd doing the Family day considering what the crime was, kind of lacks any sort of remorse on the part of the offender in a way.

Anyway, nice to have an adult discussion considering the 'im gonna whack him' tweets from some folk!

👍

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:20 - Jul 26 with 2954 viewsDubtractor

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 06:31 - Jul 26 by clive_baker

What’s happened?

This.

Feel nosey asking, but if anyone wants to pm me.......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:24 - Jul 26 with 2933 viewsTractorCam

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:20 - Jul 26 by Dubtractor

This.

Feel nosey asking, but if anyone wants to pm me.......

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/baby-assault-man-jailed-1-173181

An article from 10 years ago about someone on here.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:47 - Jul 26 with 2816 viewsITFC_Forever

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:05 - Jul 26 by SitfcB

Address published in the Evening Star link tbf.

An address from 10 years ago.

It’s probably not unreasonable to assume he doesn’t live there now.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:41 - Jul 26 with 2653 viewsBluefish

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 07:24 - Jul 26 by TractorCam

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/baby-assault-man-jailed-1-173181

An article from 10 years ago about someone on here.

How did you know he is in here?

I suppose technically he has paid for his conviction and is now free to do whatever he wants

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:46 - Jul 26 with 2637 viewsITFC_Forever

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:41 - Jul 26 by Bluefish

I suppose technically he has paid for his conviction and is now free to do whatever he wants

Some of the younger ones on #ITFC know what his user-name on Twitter and here are / were.

I knew both IDs as well, but didn't know anything about this until it came out last night.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:49 - Jul 26 with 2613 viewsGuthrum

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 05:50 - Jul 26 by LimitlessBlue

The guy has served his sentence, whatever others may think of him. Anyone acting against him is a criminal, too. That is the way a lawful society works. Punishment is devolved to the state and is in their purview alone.

It is not up to private citizens to administer additional penalties just because, in their personal opinion, the courts have not been harsh enough. To alter punisment, we have to elect governments which will change the law.

Otherwise, there is a situation of unregulated vigilantism and even blood feuds* - essentially private wars which quickly get out of hand, with innocent people ending up maimed or dead. With people punished on public accusation alone, without trial or evidence. That way lies chaos.

* Which has existed in this country in the Early Medieval period (the "Dark Ages"). Much of Viking literature centres around the ill effects of revenge cycles getting out of hand and lasting for several generations. Sometimes sparked by little more than an imagined insult, but ending with whole families burnt to death in their own homes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:59 - Jul 26 with 2546 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:49 - Jul 26 by Guthrum

The guy has served his sentence, whatever others may think of him. Anyone acting against him is a criminal, too. That is the way a lawful society works. Punishment is devolved to the state and is in their purview alone.

It is not up to private citizens to administer additional penalties just because, in their personal opinion, the courts have not been harsh enough. To alter punisment, we have to elect governments which will change the law.

Otherwise, there is a situation of unregulated vigilantism and even blood feuds* - essentially private wars which quickly get out of hand, with innocent people ending up maimed or dead. With people punished on public accusation alone, without trial or evidence. That way lies chaos.

* Which has existed in this country in the Early Medieval period (the "Dark Ages"). Much of Viking literature centres around the ill effects of revenge cycles getting out of hand and lasting for several generations. Sometimes sparked by little more than an imagined insult, but ending with whole families burnt to death in their own homes.

The only thing I don’t want to see is a decent Town fan have a few beers a wallop him, resulting in a ban and conviction of their own.

I get what you’re saying, but many won’t see it that way

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:04 - Jul 26 with 2514 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:41 - Jul 26 by Bluefish

I’d assume the club will get involved somehow, because let’s be honest, beers plus football often leads to groups of angry men.... and I can’t see him being left alone.
As I said above, I don’t want to see anyone smack him and get themselves in trouble

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:08 - Jul 26 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:59 - Jul 26 by textbackup

The only thing I don’t want to see is a decent Town fan have a few beers a wallop him, resulting in a ban and conviction of their own.

If you hit someone it's assault and you deserve to be punished. It's not for individuals to carry out their own form of justice.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:09 - Jul 26 with 2487 viewsartsbossbeard

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:08 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

If you hit someone it's assault and you deserve to be punished. It's not for individuals to carry out their own form of justice.

I don't think texters is arguing with this.

The concern is that people will act before they think (or not think at all).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:11 - Jul 26 with 2465 viewsGuthrum

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 08:59 - Jul 26 by textbackup

That's the danger of "outing" people for things they have done in the past. It encourages others, disgusted at the crime, to take the law into their own hands.

If he's an ongoing danger to the public, then it might serve some puropse to warn, but otherwise it's just prurient drooling. At worst, it may victimise someone who, through a momentary error or mental aberration, did something terrible (for which they have been punished and by which they may be haunted for the rest of their lives).

Whether those things are true in this specific case, I have no idea. But I still think it's unwise.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:13 - Jul 26 with 2447 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:08 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

I agree. So calm down.

But as I say beer football anger - unless you live under a rock you can’t possibly consider this bloke will be safe in the ground.

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:15 - Jul 26 with 2439 viewstextbackup

Two things I’ve learnt from twitter in last few hours on 09:11 - Jul 26 by Guthrum

That's the danger of "outing" people for things they have done in the past. It encourages others, disgusted at the crime, to take the law into their own hands.

If he's an ongoing danger to the public, then it might serve some puropse to warn, but otherwise it's just prurient drooling. At worst, it may victimise someone who, through a momentary error or mental aberration, did something terrible (for which they have been punished and by which they may be haunted for the rest of their lives).

Whether those things are true in this specific case, I have no idea. But I still think it's unwise.

I’m not sure he’s helped himself by replying to messages online with laughing faces... however, it’s clear this guy isn’t the full ticket.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024