Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not claiming defo info here, but....... 14:17 - Jul 26 with 3834 viewsCOYBitfc

I've heard form a friend who has a credible contact that we have the following players who are of interest and some form of discussion is taking place;

Marc Wilson
Jack Hobbs

Both with/still with Bolton last season so would seem plausible

Liam Ridgewell, released by Hull last season but i'd say wages would be a stumbling point.

I've no real reason to disbelieve the source as I know he has contacts, plus the names above all fit the 'experience' that PL has referred to as what we are in need of.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:23 - Jul 26 with 3711 viewsMrTown

Maybe Hobbs, but is constantly injured, was a good player at Forest.

Never been sold of Wilson

Ridgewell like 35 now so don't know what kind of wages he is expecting.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:34 - Jul 26 with 3587 viewsSomethingBlue

I would take any of those.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:35 - Jul 26 with 3575 viewsJakeITFC

Exactly the sort we should be after.

If we get one of those and a couple more (whilst keeping Judge and Dozzell) all will be well.

Whether that happens is obviously a different question.
Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:36 - Jul 26 with 3569 viewswkj

Not claiming def info? This one might have merit

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:39 - Jul 26 with 3518 viewsfloridaboy

Would take Ridgewell on a 1 year contract. Very experienced, just what the youngsters need!
Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:46 - Jul 26 with 3435 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ridgewell was at Portland Timbers. I'd be surprised if they were paying him much more than we could and that was a few years ago when he had other options.

Hobbs, Wilson and Ridgewell are 30, 31 and 35 between them. Add Chambers at 33 and that's some experienced back line we could end up having, if they all came in and won places ahead of the competition, which couldn't be ruled out given that Hobbs I think can play LB, Wilson is a RB and Ridgewell CB.

Would be surprising if we weren't after someone other than a defender though. Three defenders seems excessive to add.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:48 - Jul 26 with 3407 viewsCOYBitfc

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:46 - Jul 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Ridgewell was at Portland Timbers. I'd be surprised if they were paying him much more than we could and that was a few years ago when he had other options.

Hobbs, Wilson and Ridgewell are 30, 31 and 35 between them. Add Chambers at 33 and that's some experienced back line we could end up having, if they all came in and won places ahead of the competition, which couldn't be ruled out given that Hobbs I think can play LB, Wilson is a RB and Ridgewell CB.

Would be surprising if we weren't after someone other than a defender though. Three defenders seems excessive to add.

I'm not sure it was so much as looking to sign all 3, but more that those are a shortlist of defenders we are keen on. So perhaps just 1 or 2 at most.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:52 - Jul 26 with 3362 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:48 - Jul 26 by COYBitfc

I'm not sure it was so much as looking to sign all 3, but more that those are a shortlist of defenders we are keen on. So perhaps just 1 or 2 at most.

If they were all keen it would be really interesting to see who we preferred. Arguably Kenlock and Donacien / Emmanuel would be the easiest to upgrade as Nsiala is a level above in my opinion, but an injury to Nsiala or Chambers means we are down to very inexperienced kids!

I think Woolfy will go on to be a great player so I'd probably go for Hobbs and Wilson if they've got the legs which they still seem to. I would expect we will take the game to most teams so they will need to get forward. No idea what either is like delivery wise but both have been solid defensively in the countless times we've seen them against us.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 15:25 - Jul 26 with 3186 viewsfactual_blue

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 14:23 - Jul 26 by MrTown

Maybe Hobbs, but is constantly injured, was a good player at Forest.

Never been sold of Wilson

Ridgewell like 35 now so don't know what kind of wages he is expecting.

Surely Jack Hobbs has been dead since 1963?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 16:55 - Jul 26 with 2858 viewsWhymarkmariner

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 15:25 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

I say, that's simply not cricket old chap.
Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 21:10 - Jul 26 with 2231 viewsagentp

Ridgwell won't be able to afford to wipe his arse if he comes here.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 07:57 - Jul 27 with 1542 viewssolemio

Not claiming defo info here, but....... on 15:25 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

I actually saw Jack Hobbs - not playing cricket. I'm old, but not that old.

My parents took me into his shop in Fleet Street just so that I could say I had seen the legend. I was only 9 but I remember it well.

197 First Class centuries - Hobbs, not me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024