Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" 15:49 - Jul 26 with 1058 viewsDarth_Koont

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49130670

This whole thing became a self-evident truth for all those wanting to believe it. It fueled conspiracy theories about a paedophile elite, savage political attacks by Tom Watson, and ultimately victimized and tormented people who were on the face of it entirely innocent.

One can only imagine the pain it caused over several years to the accused and their families — and some like Leon Brittan even died before their name could be cleared.

So please be sure (and highly critical) of the evidence. And don't spread someone else's accusations as evidence in themselves.

Pronouns: He/Him

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 15:56 - Jul 26 with 1017 viewslowhouseblue

wow, something we can agree on. the grief I got on here from some for pointing out that it was unproven and needed to be treated with extreme caution. it got swept up into the general conspiracy theory nonsense of the day and people were simply desperate to believe it. evil stuff.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 15:59 - Jul 26 with 997 viewsStokieBlue

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 15:56 - Jul 26 by lowhouseblue

wow, something we can agree on. the grief I got on here from some for pointing out that it was unproven and needed to be treated with extreme caution. it got swept up into the general conspiracy theory nonsense of the day and people were simply desperate to believe it. evil stuff.

It was shameful on here when the story broke.

Unfortunately little has changed with regards to pushing nonsensical madness on here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 16:00 - Jul 26 with 989 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So many sad stories in that article of individual lives being ruined..

- The bloke who’s wife died before the accusations were proven as lies. Poor fella.

- The guy who died before the accusations were discredited and his name cleared.

Awful stuff

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 885 viewsSteve_M

Yes, not just Watson though. The judgement of several senior police officers is called into question, Private Eye has detailed the actions of one in particular who continued to insist on the allegations against Heath long after he should have done.

https://quillette.com/2019/07/25/the-many-lies-of-carl-beech/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 18:52 - Jul 26 with 825 viewsDarth_Koont

Here's the problem with "Guilt by accusation" on 15:56 - Jul 26 by lowhouseblue

I agree with you entirely. And that basic, truthful standard needs to be applied all the time.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024