Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Downes get sent off yesterday? 09:31 - Jul 28 with 919 viewsclive_baker

Didn’t see any mention of it on Stuart Watson’s twitter

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 09:37 - Jul 28 with 906 viewsKeaneish

Yep. Took him an age to walk off the pitch but it was a red.

Weirdly the ref was flashing imaginary yellows all game but had physical red cards to brandish. I can only assume A - he left his yellow cards at home or B - as it was a friendly the imaginary yellow was indicative but when it came to violent conduct, he had to take proper action

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 09:52 - Jul 28 with 830 viewsHerbivore

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 09:37 - Jul 28 by Keaneish

Weirdly the ref was flashing imaginary yellows all game but had physical red cards to brandish. I can only assume A - he left his yellow cards at home or B - as it was a friendly the imaginary yellow was indicative but when it came to violent conduct, he had to take proper action

Ref should have been booked, no place in the game for waving imaginary yellow cards around.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:04 - Jul 28 with 791 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yes, I looked all through it several times and could find no mention of it anywhere!!

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:08 - Jul 28 with 774 viewsFtnfwest

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 09:52 - Jul 28 by Herbivore

Ref should have been booked, no place in the game for waving imaginary yellow cards around.

Bookable offence as gazza would confirm
Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:39 - Jul 28 with 721 viewsSWGF

B

The way we saw it was that he was waving imaginary yellows at players to indicate that they'd be booked in a "normal" match and, had it come to it and they'd had a second "yellow", he'd have asked that they were subbed. But he had little choice with the straight reds.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:41 - Jul 28 with 716 viewsJeff_winger

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:08 - Jul 28 by Ftnfwest

Bookable offence as gazza would confirm

He waved a real yellow, totally different offence
Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 697 viewsclive_baker

We have so many moron supporters on twitter. I don’t give 2 hoots that he nutted someone particularly, but the ‘we’ve lacked a hard man midfielder’ line is about as straw man as you can get. The 2 things are mutually exclusive, a professional footballer should be sensible enough to be combative but not throwing headbutts and compromising our position in matches. He has to learn.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 11:32 - Jul 28 with 633 viewsFtnfwest

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:41 - Jul 28 by Jeff_winger

He waved a real yellow, totally different offence

He actually did an imaginary one on another occasion but I was thinking of that incident in all honesty
Login to get fewer ads

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 11:44 - Jul 28 with 610 viewsWickets

Did Downes get sent off yesterday? on 10:39 - Jul 28 by SWGF

B

The way we saw it was that he was waving imaginary yellows at players to indicate that they'd be booked in a "normal" match and, had it come to it and they'd had a second "yellow", he'd have asked that they were subbed. But he had little choice with the straight reds.

Yes i though the Ref did well ,one or two strangish descisions second half but good other than that. The couple of times he waved imaginary yellows where the sort of tackles you would have expected a yellow for normally .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024