Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... 09:44 - Jul 28 with 5624 viewsbobbyramsey

A lot to ponder I suspect....
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:47 - Jul 28 with 4178 viewsFtnfwest

‘You should have shrugged it off like I did at Norwich’ oh hang on..
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:48 - Jul 28 with 4160 viewslowhouseblue

i suspect he's dealt with and a week away from the start of the season he doesn't want it to waste more time on it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:50 - Jul 28 with 4142 viewstextbackup

he's probably thinking "lets all stay hush hush so nobody picks up on it...... oh whats that, twitter accounts are posting the video, local papers posting the video, ffs"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:51 - Jul 28 with 4127 viewsfooters

It was a red card in a pre-season friendly, not the Suez crisis.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:56 - Jul 28 with 4095 viewsbobbyramsey

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:51 - Jul 28 by footers

It was a red card in a pre-season friendly, not the Suez crisis.

It was practically GBH...
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 4069 viewsPhilTWTD

He didn't do press after the game as he spoke to us at length on Thursday at the open day. I'm sure he'll give his thoughts at Thursday's press conference if not beforehand.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:03 - Jul 28 with 4053 viewsLankHenners

Lambert doesn't have to tell us anything about it and no point wasting much time on it - he'll know it was a moment of stupidity and will have a word with Downes behind closed doors and that'll be the end of the matter.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:10 - Jul 28 with 3984 viewsbobbyramsey

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:01 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

He didn't do press after the game as he spoke to us at length on Thursday at the open day. I'm sure he'll give his thoughts at Thursday's press conference if not beforehand.

Thanks Phil, I was expecting Lambert to speak after the game. All explained....
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:20 - Jul 28 with 3903 viewsNo9

Probably his own way of supporting the player.
Giving the player a public rollicking at this stage of the season could be very damaging.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:26 - Jul 28 with 3868 viewsbrogansnose

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:56 - Jul 28 by bobbyramsey

For goodness sake, calm you on dowen.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:30 - Jul 28 with 3836 viewsxrayspecs

Not really. A young player has a red mist moment.

PL has not spoken after any of the friendlies IIRC to I think you are reading too much into the fact he has not commented.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:31 - Jul 28 with 3843 viewsKeaneish

Given PL walked 40 yards on to the pitch and put his arm around Downes and walked him off the pitch, I doubt there’s much to ponder. Downes will start against Burton for sure. Gutted I can’t make it - bloody wedding!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:35 - Jul 28 with 3803 viewsWestover

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:31 - Jul 28 by Keaneish

Given PL walked 40 yards on to the pitch and put his arm around Downes and walked him off the pitch, I doubt there’s much to ponder. Downes will start against Burton for sure. Gutted I can’t make it - bloody wedding!

I suppose if it's your wedding you will have to be there.😉
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:35 - Jul 28 with 3803 viewsSuperblue95

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:56 - Jul 28 by bobbyramsey

Christ

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:36 - Jul 28 with 3790 viewsbobbyramsey

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:26 - Jul 28 by brogansnose

Fair do's ;)
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:37 - Jul 28 with 3778 viewsfooters

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:26 - Jul 28 by brogansnose

*Calm you on Downes

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:50 - Jul 28 with 3714 viewsTowngonnafly

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 09:48 - Jul 28 by lowhouseblue

i suspect he's dealt with and a week away from the start of the season he doesn't want it to waste more time on it.

What are you talking about,more time should be spent on it ,you can't have watched the video of the violent assault ,,he pushed the player in the chest and then threw himself at the player with his headbutt,if you did that in public anywhere
else,you would get arrested.Lambert should deal with it behind closed doors but he must 100% tell Downes that if he wants to play for town,he must attend an anger management course ,he lost his temper on other occasions and we don't want him losing it again in any matches,like most people think,I don't want a thug playing in our team but he deserves a chance of a regular place as he has great potential but he needs to control that vicious temper if his,I don't want another Joey Barton playing for our team.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 3667 viewsxrayspecs

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:50 - Jul 28 by Towngonnafly

What are you talking about,more time should be spent on it ,you can't have watched the video of the violent assault ,,he pushed the player in the chest and then threw himself at the player with his headbutt,if you did that in public anywhere
else,you would get arrested.Lambert should deal with it behind closed doors but he must 100% tell Downes that if he wants to play for town,he must attend an anger management course ,he lost his temper on other occasions and we don't want him losing it again in any matches,like most people think,I don't want a thug playing in our team but he deserves a chance of a regular place as he has great potential but he needs to control that vicious temper if his,I don't want another Joey Barton playing for our team.

Sorry, I must have missed the announcement, when were you appointed judge and jury?

I was at the game so saw what happened.

Downes has played around 50 games for us and Luton and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Talk about over-reaction...
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 12:35]
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:27 - Jul 28 with 3550 viewsjas0999

It was a deserved red card and no excuses for the reaction. But line drawn and time to move on.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:30 - Jul 28 with 3539 viewsTowngonnafly

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:58 - Jul 28 by xrayspecs

Sorry, I must have missed the announcement, when were you appointed judge and jury?

I was at the game so saw what happened.

Downes has played around 50 games for us and Luton and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Talk about over-reaction...
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 12:35]

An over reaction,give up your day job and become a comedian,bet you wouldn't be talking like this if you had one of your family headbutted in the street.You probably agree with another post by malcomblue who joked saying that "give Downes his credit,it was one hell of a headbutt,crunch,hope the Cambridge guy broke his nose",I am not being judge and jury,I want Downes to start the new season but you will get players in other teams picking on him,knowing he can flareup.,we could lose important games if he can't learn to control his temper,I'm guessing you are a fan of Joey Barton,he was a very good player but I would never have wanted that nasty piece of work playing for town and i don't want Downes turning into a Joey type character.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:34 - Jul 28 with 3511 viewstextbackup

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:30 - Jul 28 by Towngonnafly

An over reaction,give up your day job and become a comedian,bet you wouldn't be talking like this if you had one of your family headbutted in the street.You probably agree with another post by malcomblue who joked saying that "give Downes his credit,it was one hell of a headbutt,crunch,hope the Cambridge guy broke his nose",I am not being judge and jury,I want Downes to start the new season but you will get players in other teams picking on him,knowing he can flareup.,we could lose important games if he can't learn to control his temper,I'm guessing you are a fan of Joey Barton,he was a very good player but I would never have wanted that nasty piece of work playing for town and i don't want Downes turning into a Joey type character.

i really hate our fans

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:36 - Jul 28 with 3493 viewsbrogansnose

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 10:50 - Jul 28 by Towngonnafly

He's not a bloody thug and nothing like Joey - stab my cigar out on you - Barton.

I don't condone the head butt at all but its about time we had some steel and passion in the side because we've been far too nicey nice for years. Downes was excellent yesterday and could well be a Magilton in years to come and his passion and determination will be part of that.

We can of course be nice old Ipswich and get nudged around all over the place. Think you on back to our our classic teams, they wern't a bunch of softies by any means.
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:38 - Jul 28 with 3487 viewsbluefunk

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 11:30 - Jul 28 by Towngonnafly

Is this a new sport? If so, I think competitive outrage could really catch on, we have a couple of quality players on this thread alone
Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 12:07 - Jul 28 with 3389 viewsJ2BLUE

'bet you wouldn't be talking like this if you had one of your family headbutted in the street'

LOL

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert has been conspicuous by his silence over the Downes affair....... on 12:30 - Jul 28 with 3330 viewsxrayspecs

You are right I would be upset if someone head butted a family member in the street. This is not the street, it is a sport, where passions can run high and occasionally something like this happens.

You really have no idea.

By the way -
I do not agree with maclcomblue
I am not a fan of Joey Barton.
I am not going to take up comedy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024