Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? 10:48 - Jul 28 with 999 viewsWestcountryblue

With Nsiala injured at the moment, Woolfenden will get the opportunity to play at CB alongside Chambers in the first month of fixtures. Been really impressed with him from what i have seen. Deceptively quick, good with the ball at his feet and seems to read the game and do the nasty stuff a bit better than before his loan spell.

However, Nsiala is a top player at this level and i think his physical presence is a must alongside Chambers.

For me, i think Woolfenden has all the qualities needed to play at RB this year, thus allowing us to use Donacien/Ndaba as a back up CB and Emmanuel as a back up RB. Emmanuel has too many errors in him currently as is still developing.

Also, i really question whether Garbutt will be better than the likes of Edwards and Lankester on the wings, therefore, i'd like to see him moved back to his original position and compete with Kenlock for the LB position.

I think our best defence will possibly be...

Woolfenden---Chambers----Nsiala----Garbutt

Neither trialist brings much to the table...3 month deal at best or bring in Liam Ridgewell on a 1 year deal who can also cover at LB if needed
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 10:50]
Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? on 11:54 - Jul 28 with 908 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? on 12:16 - Jul 28 with 875 viewsWestcountryblue

Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? on 11:54 - Jul 28 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

He played against Palace in the league cup last year at RB and also for Swindon a few times there.

I doubt Lambert will drop Chambers given his leadership qualities, so i reckon playing Woolfenden at RB is probably our best way of tightening up with big question marks over Donacien and Emmanuel currently.
Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 799 viewsKeaneish

We’d have seen it by now if PL intended him to play there. I highly suspect that 1 of the 3 PL is look at will be an RB with Donacien or Emmanuel going back out on loan.

Woolfenden will get plenty of game time at CB even if not first choice.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? on 13:16 - Jul 28 with 779 viewsVaughan8

Nsiala is a top player at this level is based in what? 1 and a half seasons with Shrewsbury?
Ill believe it when I see it.

On woolfenden, he seems to be one of the better cb in the friendlies so I don't think he would be getting moved to rb.
However it's clear Lambert doesn't fancy either rb we do have.
Woolfenden at RB? Garbutt at LB? on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 752 viewsBlueBlood90

No more square pegs in round holes for me.

The position of right back has advanced so much in recent years. They're expected to be good defenders but also offer support down the wing and attack. You can't really expect a centre back to know how to do that.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024