Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another "loantastic" season ahead.... 11:27 - Jul 29 with 4535 viewsBloots

....then.

Lambert is the king of spin.

The Malcolm Tucker of football managers.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 2414 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Not Lambert's fault.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:29 - Jul 29 with 2407 viewsReuser_is_God

We’ve currently halved the number of loanees on our squad from last year. Plus I don’t think I’d want Tom Elliott here for longer than a year!

Let’s wait until the window closes.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:31 - Jul 29 with 2376 viewsitfcjoe

You wait to see what we are doing next season, it will all become clear and it's exciting...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:33 - Jul 29 with 2347 viewsBluefish

I thought he went a bit earlier with the fans are amazing comments at the weekend, probably just preparing for the loan announcements

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 2314 viewschicoazul

Remember when Lambert said you can't run a club on loans?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 2301 viewschicoazul

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:28 - Jul 29 by KieranMcKenna1

Not Lambert's fault.

Whose fault is it, do you think?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 2283 viewsReuser_is_God

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:36 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Remember when Lambert said you can't run a club on loans?

We have 3 players on loan FFS.

Whilst not ideal there has been a slight over reaction to this.

Evans out

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 2269 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m sure O’Neill will be rolled out soon to tell us how Evans is backing the manager

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 2260 viewschicoazul

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:37 - Jul 29 by Reuser_is_God

Who's over-reacting? He literally said many times you can't run a club on loans, we have had too many loans, it's the wrong way to do it etc etc

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 2261 viewsitfcjoe

I think it's more because it was all so predictable.

I can understand the Norris one, that is fair enough due to Bart situation but the other 2 are just your bog standard loans.

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 2251 viewsmrshallisfit

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:36 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Whose fault is it, do you think?

Oh I don't know. Haven't a clue.... Jeez.
Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 2239 viewsxrayspecs

Needs must. Better a loanee than no one at all.

Posted on other thread that it looks like Elliot was not plan A, as PL was after three permanent. Unless Milwall were not prepared to sanction a permanent deal.

Expect to see two defenders join, hopefully this week.
Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 2234 viewsReuser_is_God

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:39 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

I can understand the Norris one, that is fair enough due to Bart situation but the other 2 are just your bog standard loans.

Do you not think Elliott is only on loan because Millwall have only been able to loan Bart?

Evans out

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:41 - Jul 29 with 2222 viewsFPL_Tractor

And 2 of those have been caused by Bart failing a medical. We won’t want to sign a keeper and then have 3 first team keepers next year if Bart comes back. The Elliott deal presumably would have been permanent if Bart’s deal was. Just sensible budgeting really.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:41 - Jul 29 with 2217 viewschicoazul

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:38 - Jul 29 by Illinoisblue

I’m sure O’Neill will be rolled out soon to tell us how Evans is backing the manager

Lambert told us all the other day the three he wanted werent loans.
Today the club sign 2 loans.
Banter.

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 2220 viewsPhilTWTD

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:39 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

Elliott is out of contract at the end of the season so like Garbutt is one which could become longer term if suits all parties. Think there were discussions about it being a permanent deal.
Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:45 - Jul 29 with 2157 viewsGuthrum

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:39 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Who's over-reacting? He literally said many times you can't run a club on loans, we have had too many loans, it's the wrong way to do it etc etc

However, he also didn't say we would have no loans whatsoever. The system is there, it would be daft not to make use of it where convenient.

As long as we aren't getting to the situation where we can't field essential first-choice team members due to the excessive number of loans, or they are blocking the development of our own talented young players. Neither of which is the case as yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 2148 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:41 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Lambert told us all the other day the three he wanted werent loans.
Today the club sign 2 loans.
Banter.

Which could be a reaction to a striker he wanted to buy only being available for a stupid sum.

We clearly weren't buying another keeper. So you'd imagine we are probably looking to bring in two defenders and a striker, maybe a winger instead of one of those defenders.

As it stands we are still bringing in a striker, albeit that maybe (as Phil) suggests we were looking at buying him (from the Bart fee) , but now Millwall have asked to loan Bart instead, so Elliott is now a loan.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Another on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 2145 viewsipswichtillidie

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:29 - Jul 29 by Reuser_is_God

We’ve currently halved the number of loanees on our squad from last year. Plus I don’t think I’d want Tom Elliott here for longer than a year!

Let’s wait until the window closes.

This ^
The difference is Garbs if successful will stay with us on a free. The keeper is just a back up! No problems with that loan. Elliott is an odd loan but if successful he’ll help us up, if he truly is a donkey then we will be glad it was just a loan. I think he’ll be used as an option off the bench if we are struggling to break down teams. Great option to have off the bench! Maybe he can play centre half as well... 🙈
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 11:47]

Gav

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 2141 viewschicoazul

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:41 - Jul 29 by FPL_Tractor

And 2 of those have been caused by Bart failing a medical. We won’t want to sign a keeper and then have 3 first team keepers next year if Bart comes back. The Elliott deal presumably would have been permanent if Bart’s deal was. Just sensible budgeting really.

this is pure headcanon.

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 2130 viewsBobbychase

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:40 - Jul 29 by xrayspecs

Needs must. Better a loanee than no one at all.

Posted on other thread that it looks like Elliot was not plan A, as PL was after three permanent. Unless Milwall were not prepared to sanction a permanent deal.

Expect to see two defenders join, hopefully this week.

The keeper from Wolves is very highly rated. I'd rather have him as back up to Holy than the inexperienced Wright. People get too obsessed with the loan issue. The key is to have the best players possible in each position.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:47 - Jul 29 with 2119 viewsitfcjoe

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:40 - Jul 29 by Reuser_is_God

Do you not think Elliott is only on loan because Millwall have only been able to loan Bart?

Why are they even linked like that?

Why can't their loan fee be a transfer fee to take Elliott in exchange? There's always an excuse for a loan - some like the Norris deal seem genuine, we will be taking Bart back next season so can't commit to having 3 senior keepers contracted into next season.

But others are flimsy excuses if you genuinely as a club don't want to take loans

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:47 - Jul 29 with 2112 viewschicoazul

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:45 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

However, he also didn't say we would have no loans whatsoever. The system is there, it would be daft not to make use of it where convenient.

As long as we aren't getting to the situation where we can't field essential first-choice team members due to the excessive number of loans, or they are blocking the development of our own talented young players. Neither of which is the case as yet.

The point Blooters is making is about spin & what Lambert said versus what the club does. But why does Lambert need to spin at all when so many on here want to do it for him?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:48 - Jul 29 with 2108 viewsitfcjoe

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:42 - Jul 29 by PhilTWTD

Elliott is out of contract at the end of the season so like Garbutt is one which could become longer term if suits all parties. Think there were discussions about it being a permanent deal.

How often have we heard that though?

Another "loantastic" season ahead.... on 11:48 - Jul 29 with 2107 viewsKieran_Knows

Another on 11:46 - Jul 29 by ipswichtillidie

This ^
The difference is Garbs if successful will stay with us on a free. The keeper is just a back up! No problems with that loan. Elliott is an odd loan but if successful he’ll help us up, if he truly is a donkey then we will be glad it was just a loan. I think he’ll be used as an option off the bench if we are struggling to break down teams. Great option to have off the bench! Maybe he can play centre half as well... 🙈
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 11:47]

Why would Garbutt stay with us on a free if he does well? If he does well, Everton will either give him a new deal, and then a)keep him as back up (as Baines will no doubt leave next summer), or b) sell him to some high flier in the Championship (Derby springs to mind). Failing that, if he does well and doesn't get a deal with Everton, no doubt a Championship club will take him anyway.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024