Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norris - excellent signing, strange logic 11:56 - Jul 29 with 776 viewsWestcountryblue

Will Norris will be another excellent signing. Modern keeper in the fact that he is comfortable with the ball at his feet (which suits PL's wish to play out from the back), athletic and a good shot stopper. Not too sure who will start, as i can't see Norris being happy to come out on loan to be sat on the bench. Good to have some genuine quality between the sticks.

However, you do have to question the use of funds and logic. With only 2 genuine strikers and 2 experienced centre backs, i personally would've preferred to either go with Przybek/Wright or sign a veteran number 2 on a free and spend the money elsewhere.

I can't help thinking that Elliot will offer any serious competition to the likes of Jackson, Norwood or Sears and thus our need for another quality striker remains, as does our need for a 3rd CB and a RB. Garbutt, Norwood, Holy and Norris are all high quality signings at this level, but we can't afford to spend cheap on the areas of our squad that will actually take us to the next level.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 11:59]
Norris - excellent signing, strange logic on 12:30 - Jul 29 with 640 viewsCoastalblue

We have no idea what Norris is costing us, it may be that Wolves are keen to see him develop and think he'll force his way into the first team here.

Elliot is unlike anybody else we have here, is a lot better than many are giving him credit for and I expect to see him both play and make a difference for us on a regular basis.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024