Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bringing in 2 on loan 13:33 - Jul 29 with 3670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I wonder if that’s because Evans isn’t going to pay for the three permanent signings Lambert alluded to the other day.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 2992 viewsitfcjoe

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out why we end up with loans every season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 2969 viewsHerbivore

I doubt any of those three signings were a year long replacement for Bart. Let's see what else happens over the next few weeks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:37 - Jul 29 with 2965 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:35 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out why we end up with loans every season

I couldn’t possibly comment.

Speaking about our owner rarely ends well for me on here so I am attempting a vow of silence, albeit I will have to mention his name from time to time like in the OP.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:39 - Jul 29 with 2939 viewsCoastalblue

At risk of being the butt of all sorts of mickey taking on here, I know a guy (yeah a mate) who is a steward (I can see what's coming now) at Millwall.

Of course he's party to all the inner transfer workings at Millwall being a steward.

But in all seriousness, he said to me when the Bart stuff was rumbling on that we were looking to do a deal with Elliot then as a perm, I think Phil reported it at the time.

I took it with a pich of salt but he's not the sort to make it up.

I think he was/is one of the targets, and if he does OK I reckon it will become permanent, possibly before the end of his loan.

Let the tomfoolery commence.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:48 - Jul 29 with 2869 viewsJimmyJazz

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:39 - Jul 29 by Coastalblue

At risk of being the butt of all sorts of mickey taking on here, I know a guy (yeah a mate) who is a steward (I can see what's coming now) at Millwall.

Of course he's party to all the inner transfer workings at Millwall being a steward.

But in all seriousness, he said to me when the Bart stuff was rumbling on that we were looking to do a deal with Elliot then as a perm, I think Phil reported it at the time.

I think he was/is one of the targets, and if he does OK I reckon it will become permanent, possibly before the end of his loan.

Indeed, if Garbutt and / or Elliott do well and we get promoted then we'll be in a good position to sign them on perm deals.

If Bart is only going out on loan then it makes no sense to buy another keeper. If we sell then yes we should buy but we don't want to end up with 3 keepers of a decent age (i.e. not a youngster)

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 2833 viewsKeaneish

I thin the Bart loan is a great piece of business all round. If we bring in Ben Marshall and a CB, i'll be very happy with what we've done this summer.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Indeed... that is far from unlikely (n/t) on 13:58 - Jul 29 with 2820 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:03 - Jul 29 with 2791 viewschicoazul

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:35 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

Given that people are saying Lambert didnt say what he said, didnt mean what he said, dont care that he said what he said, and are implying/straight up saying that anyone who explains how he said what he said is mad or flouncing, and that anyone who criticises Evans should find a new owner or put in 6m of their own money each season, I think we could indeed do with Sherlock Holmes.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 14:04]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:07 - Jul 29 with 2748 viewsBigManBlue

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:57 - Jul 29 by Keaneish

I thin the Bart loan is a great piece of business all round. If we bring in Ben Marshall and a CB, i'll be very happy with what we've done this summer.

Is the Ben Marshall link a thing? Think he would be a huge step up on what we've got at either LB or LW.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:10 - Jul 29 with 2721 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cant see Marshall coming here at all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:13 - Jul 29 with 2712 viewsJ2BLUE

I think all we can say at this point is that we didn't get the striker we wanted for whatever reason.

I doubt Lambert ever expected Bart to go on loan so that loan replacement makes perfect sense.

I think we all know where this ends though don't we? We will piss about with our uninspiring CB trialists and eventually one of them will take a deal somewhere else We'll then begin the long tedious process of offering them a contract more suited to a Ryman League player and eventually they'll sign for Forest Green.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marshall won't come here.... on 14:31 - Jul 29 with 2619 viewsBloots

....he'll go to the Championship.

Sheff Weds or Hull.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:49 - Jul 29 with 2496 viewsKeaneish

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:07 - Jul 29 by BigManBlue

Is the Ben Marshall link a thing? Think he would be a huge step up on what we've got at either LB or LW.

He was linked in Jan and now he's a free agent with strong connections to PL in a position we need (RB). Might be a bit spendy but i'd have though PL and him must have had a chat since his release, surely?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:51 - Jul 29 with 2493 viewsReuser_is_God

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:13 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

I think all we can say at this point is that we didn't get the striker we wanted for whatever reason.

I doubt Lambert ever expected Bart to go on loan so that loan replacement makes perfect sense.

I think we all know where this ends though don't we? We will piss about with our uninspiring CB trialists and eventually one of them will take a deal somewhere else We'll then begin the long tedious process of offering them a contract more suited to a Ryman League player and eventually they'll sign for Forest Green.

On the podcast today Stuart Watson said when Millwall offered Elliott to us as part of the original Bart deal we said no.

So yes, you'd assume we've missed out on a higher priority target.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 15:51]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:54 - Jul 29 with 2463 viewsRegencyBlue

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:49 - Jul 29 by Keaneish

He was linked in Jan and now he's a free agent with strong connections to PL in a position we need (RB). Might be a bit spendy but i'd have though PL and him must have had a chat since his release, surely?

Its the 'might be a bit spendy' part of this where the problem will be!
Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:58 - Jul 29 with 2449 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bringing in 2 on loan on 14:10 - Jul 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Cant see Marshall coming here at all.

....clearly an accidental downvote...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:59 - Jul 29 with 2440 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:49 - Jul 29 by Keaneish

There was nothing in the January link at all. Purely press speculation.

His main home is in the North West, I suspect he'll end up closer to home.

Yes, but don't forget..... on 16:06 - Jul 29 with 2400 viewsBloots

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:58 - Jul 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

....clearly an accidental downvote...

...."He drove the fastest milkcart in the west"

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bringing in 2 on loan on 16:16 - Jul 29 with 2332 viewshaynes_toe1

Bringing in 2 on loan on 15:59 - Jul 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

There was nothing in the January link at all. Purely press speculation.

His main home is in the North West, I suspect he'll end up closer to home.

Nothing to do with home either.

I think people forget how far ahead of us Norwich are. Even a player theyve released to go find a club is going to turn their nose up at us currently.

Marshall can command championship wages and a championship squad place. Why on gods earth would he come here?
Bringing in 2 on loan on 16:51 - Jul 29 with 2254 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bringing in 2 on loan on 16:16 - Jul 29 by haynes_toe1

Nothing to do with home either.

I think people forget how far ahead of us Norwich are. Even a player theyve released to go find a club is going to turn their nose up at us currently.

Marshall can command championship wages and a championship squad place. Why on gods earth would he come here?

As I said, he wont be coming here.

Bringing in 2 on loan on 18:02 - Jul 29 with 2143 viewsjas0999

Almost certainly. Typical Evans but remarkably folk with still support and defend him. Bizarre. Lambert wanted one loan, maybe two. We have three already and probably more to come.
Bringing in 2 on loan on 18:09 - Jul 29 with 2124 viewsElderGrizzly

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:36 - Jul 29 by Herbivore

I doubt any of those three signings were a year long replacement for Bart. Let's see what else happens over the next few weeks.

Agree. I imagine the Elliott/Bart swap was not part of those three
Bringing in 2 on loan on 18:09 - Jul 29 with 2125 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bringing in 2 on loan on 18:02 - Jul 29 by jas0999

Almost certainly. Typical Evans but remarkably folk with still support and defend him. Bizarre. Lambert wanted one loan, maybe two. We have three already and probably more to come.

We may even end up with 4-5 loans and some people will be ridiculing Lambert. They don't understand that he has no choice.
Bringing in 2 on loan on 18:28 - Jul 29 with 2073 viewsmarcus1642

Bringing in 2 on loan on 13:39 - Jul 29 by Coastalblue

The tomfoolery has been going on for years......
Bringing in 2 on loan on 18:36 - Jul 29 with 2066 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm guessing Elliott was one of the three as I believe the move might have been permanent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024