Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homelessness 14:50 - Jul 29 with 854 viewsfooters

According to the figures Mr Hunt presented, it would cost £30k for each person to become effectively 're-homed' so to speak. There are, according to Shelter, roughly 320,000 homeless people in the UK, the world's fifth-richest country. That amounts to £9.6bn. How much should our wonderful new leader put towards this?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Homelessness on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 817 viewsWD19

So you are saying that is we can somehow make a further 500,000 people successfully homeless, it will generate £15bn to spend on good stuff? Am I right?
Homelessness on 14:57 - Jul 29 with 807 viewsfooters

Homelessness on 14:55 - Jul 29 by WD19

So you are saying that is we can somehow make a further 500,000 people successfully homeless, it will generate £15bn to spend on good stuff? Am I right?

Good point. But would only further decrease house prices so not a goer, I'm afraid.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Homelessness on 15:04 - Jul 29 with 774 viewsSwansea_Blue

You could secure the DUP's backing 9 times for that amount though. #toughchoices

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Homelessness on 16:51 - Jul 29 with 688 viewsjeera

Homelessness on 15:04 - Jul 29 by Swansea_Blue

You could secure the DUP's backing 9 times for that amount though. #toughchoices

Or one year's payment to the EU.

Which means by basic maths, by Oct 31st 2020 the UK can home all its homeless population just from the EU savings alone.

That's how it works and should be a doddle.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Homelessness on 18:21 - Jul 29 with 630 viewsBLUEGOLD

Homelessness on 16:51 - Jul 29 by jeera

Or one year's payment to the EU.

Which means by basic maths, by Oct 31st 2020 the UK can home all its homeless population just from the EU savings alone.

That's how it works and should be a doddle.

I thought that we were getting one new hospital a week after Brexit, so it might need to wait a bit until we all have one in our villages
Homelessness on 18:32 - Jul 29 with 621 viewsDeano69

Homelessness on 18:21 - Jul 29 by BLUEGOLD

I thought that we were getting one new hospital a week after Brexit, so it might need to wait a bit until we all have one in our villages

Is the building of hospitals starting in alphabetical order or by location?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024