Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury Mk Dons off 21:59 - Jul 29 with 1946 viewsMullet

Shameful

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:02 - Jul 29 with 1883 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why shameful? What do you suggest should happen?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:05 - Jul 29 with 1845 viewspointofblue

Bolton match ON:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49156362

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:06 - Jul 29 with 1833 viewsMullet

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:02 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why shameful? What do you suggest should happen?

You’ve got 2 clubs who have been given over to chancers, liars and rogues and a laissez-faire approach from the authorities. This should have been sorted months ago, and more done.

OR they let clubs go to the wall, more and more often and not learn their lessons until we are left with an NFL style set of franchises licking the sweat off Sky’s gilded teats whilst we all take up knitting.

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:09 - Jul 29 with 1792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:06 - Jul 29 by Mullet

You’ve got 2 clubs who have been given over to chancers, liars and rogues and a laissez-faire approach from the authorities. This should have been sorted months ago, and more done.

OR they let clubs go to the wall, more and more often and not learn their lessons until we are left with an NFL style set of franchises licking the sweat off Sky’s gilded teats whilst we all take up knitting.

I agree more should be done to prevent the situation in the first place. The fit and proper persons test does not seem to be good enough and FFP is a joke.

However, in the position they are in, I think giving them every chance to prove viability is correct and preventing them starting the season with the probability they will go bust is wise.

It would be about right that Bury now stay solvent while Bolton still go bust having played at least one game.

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 1775 viewsMullet

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:09 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree more should be done to prevent the situation in the first place. The fit and proper persons test does not seem to be good enough and FFP is a joke.

However, in the position they are in, I think giving them every chance to prove viability is correct and preventing them starting the season with the probability they will go bust is wise.

It would be about right that Bury now stay solvent while Bolton still go bust having played at least one game.

I think the time was more of a “just sort it please lads” type affair. It’s stopped any other interested party and if you look at how the Danish lot have gone in at County it begs many questions.

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:52 - Jul 29 with 1591 viewsNthsuffolkblue

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Indeed, postponing the matches is in all likelihood simply denying the inevitable. If they cannot show they have a buyer lined up who is in a position to clear the debts, the courts will soon do the job anyway.

A shame but hopefully it might make some other clubs think twice before overcommitting.

Could easily be 2 relegation spots used up before long.

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:53 - Jul 29 with 1576 viewsElderGrizzly

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:11 - Jul 29 by Mullet

I think the time was more of a “just sort it please lads” type affair. It’s stopped any other interested party and if you look at how the Danish lot have gone in at County it begs many questions.

I’s love to know what Bolton have shown to convince them they are viable!

“At its meeting today, the EFL Board was appraised of the position in regard to the outstanding information requested in respect of ongoing matters at Bolton Wanderers.

The Board has fully considered the Club’s further submissions and is satisfied that they are sufficient to meet the requirements of the League subject to the completion of formal documentation.

As a result the EFL Board has opted not to suspend their opening day fixture with Wycombe Wanderers and it will remain as originally scheduled on Saturday 3 August 2019 at 3pm”
Bury Mk Dons off on 23:00 - Jul 29 with 1516 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bury Mk Dons off on 22:53 - Jul 29 by ElderGrizzly

“At its meeting today, the EFL Board was appraised of the position in regard to the outstanding information requested in respect of ongoing matters at Bolton Wanderers.

The Board has fully considered the Club’s further submissions and is satisfied that they are sufficient to meet the requirements of the League subject to the completion of formal documentation.

As a result the EFL Board has opted not to suspend their opening day fixture with Wycombe Wanderers and it will remain as originally scheduled on Saturday 3 August 2019 at 3pm”

I get the impression they believe new owners are likely. Hasn't that been the argument from them for some time with nothing viable though?

Login to get fewer ads

Bury Mk Dons off on 23:14 - Jul 29 with 1456 viewsEatonBlue

The EFL seem to be overly lenient where Bolton are concerned.
Last season there was no points deduction for the postponed match and now this.
Bury Mk Dons off on 23:31 - Jul 29 with 1374 viewsCoastalblue

Surely one of the people waiting in the line for ME to sell will get bored and snap one of these up instead?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bury Mk Dons off on 23:34 - Jul 29 with 1358 viewsElderGrizzly

Bury Mk Dons off on 23:00 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

I get the impression they believe new owners are likely. Hasn't that been the argument from them for some time with nothing viable though?

Yes. About 3 different potential owners have now fallen through
Bury Mk Dons off on 01:19 - Jul 30 with 1243 viewsGuthrum

Thought the club would have been able to cobble together some sort of semi-youth team to fulfill the fixture. Unless it's off-field problems (stewards, turnstile operators, security, catering, etc.) which has scuppered them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bury Mk Dons off on 09:10 - Jul 30 with 915 viewsMullet

Bury Mk Dons off on 01:19 - Jul 30 by Guthrum

Thought the club would have been able to cobble together some sort of semi-youth team to fulfill the fixture. Unless it's off-field problems (stewards, turnstile operators, security, catering, etc.) which has scuppered them.

It’s everything you can imagine by the sounds of it. No one knows what’s going on, people even started turning on the players too in some quarters forgetting they had their wages stopped suddenly and months later still have kids to feed etc.

Bury Mk Dons off on 09:18 - Jul 30 with 877 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You's is Ali G and I claim my £5.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024