Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media 10:39 - Jul 30 with 2063 viewsBobbychase

On the Academy failing report - from Ipswich fans! Almost as if some are privately gleeful that the club has been found to be in the wrong.

Most players who leave speak of the club in glowing terms, and when asked by potential signings if it's a good place to come tend to say it is. We've got a great record of taking young players and (unfortunately for us) offering them a pathway to bigger clubs. The club has a long history of excellent pastoral care, including current examples like Chambers having some of the younger first teamers living in his annexe.

But I also accept that in a week when Evans has been reported to have rebuffed bids for two of our best players, it is handy for his critics to have something else to talk about.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:42 - Jul 30 with 1556 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"self-righteousness on social media"

Thats social media in a nut shell. Ignore it.

Its bed wetting season, and the so called 'fans' are making any excuse to lay in to ITFC.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 1543 viewsBobbychase

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:42 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

"self-righteousness on social media"

Thats social media in a nut shell. Ignore it.

Its bed wetting season, and the so called 'fans' are making any excuse to lay in to ITFC.

Yep. I have a sneaking feeling that some of them are not that bothered about the actual player's welfare but very happy to point score. The usual suspects were very quick to post the story

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:52 - Jul 30 with 1501 viewsBluefish

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:44 - Jul 30 by Bobbychase

Yep. I have a sneaking feeling that some of them are not that bothered about the actual player's welfare but very happy to point score. The usual suspects were very quick to post the story

Precisely. It is a regular occurrence amongst any town supporters and I feel it is a defence mechanism to justify why we aren't a massive prem top 4 club that is always on sky. Mick provided the outlet for a long time and now Marcus is but all opportunities to slate the club are gleefully accepted.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:53 - Jul 30 with 1499 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:44 - Jul 30 by Bobbychase

Agreed.

It the moment its an allegation, and in terms of the number of players that go through the academy its a very small sample.

It does look like there may be an issue that needs addressing, but it doesn't mean that the whole academy is shameful.

They are 'so called' fans, thats all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:53 - Jul 30 with 1505 viewsBloots

....were on it at 8:12 am.

But then their previous tweet was about inadequate transfer activity.

The one before that was about the atmosphere when Judge and Dozzell leave.

The one before that was about the additional postage charge on tickets.

And their pinned tweet is about the poor decorative state of Portman Road.

They make me look positive!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 10:54]

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:54 - Jul 30 with 1484 viewsBobbychase

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:53 - Jul 30 by Bloots

Yeah. maybe they should take a drive to Bury or Bolton and take some pictures of the paintwork there. Stop off at Blackpool for lunch and do the same thing.

"This explains our injury problems" on 10:56 - Jul 30 with 1470 viewsBobbychase

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 10:52 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Precisely. It is a regular occurrence amongst any town supporters and I feel it is a defence mechanism to justify why we aren't a massive prem top 4 club that is always on sky. Mick provided the outlet for a long time and now Marcus is but all opportunities to slate the club are gleefully accepted.

Yes. A report into a mental health support failing explains why Nydam broke his ankle last week

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:56 - Jul 30 with 1461 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They are not fans.

Login to get fewer ads

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:57 - Jul 30 with 1462 viewsBluefish

I largely gave up trying to reason with our melts on twitter. Cesspit of misinformation innit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It's a shame because a couple of the people involved are..... on 10:58 - Jul 30 with 1450 viewsBloots

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:54 - Jul 30 by Bobbychase

Yeah. maybe they should take a drive to Bury or Bolton and take some pictures of the paintwork there. Stop off at Blackpool for lunch and do the same thing.

....decent, articulate, balanced individuals.

But they are out-weighed by some totally raving left wing lunatics.

Oh well, at least we have TWTD and it's massive brains trust.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:59 - Jul 30 with 1433 viewsBobbychase

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:57 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

I largely gave up trying to reason with our melts on twitter. Cesspit of misinformation innit

I don't mind them tweeting about the potential fallout when Dozzell or Judge leave, if they balance it out with another tweet saying fair play, looks like they are both staying. But all you get is negative stuff.

I'm sure Blue Action aren't perfect but at least they looked at the dire atmosphere and actually got off their a**s and did something about it. Complaining about something from the sidelines is the easy bit, actually getting stuck in is tough but someone has to do it.

Maybe they could paint the f**king turnstiles themselves. Just a thought.

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 11:01 - Jul 30 with 1407 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:59 - Jul 30 by Bobbychase

I don't mind them tweeting about the potential fallout when Dozzell or Judge leave, if they balance it out with another tweet saying fair play, looks like they are both staying. But all you get is negative stuff.

I'm sure Blue Action aren't perfect but at least they looked at the dire atmosphere and actually got off their a**s and did something about it. Complaining about something from the sidelines is the easy bit, actually getting stuck in is tough but someone has to do it.

Maybe they could paint the f**king turnstiles themselves. Just a thought.

"I don't mind them tweeting about the potential fallout when Dozzell or Judge leave."

The problem with that is that they are moaning about something that hasnt happened and may not happen. 100% pre-emptive flouncing at its worst.

On the flip side, I am sure they wont give ME credit for resisting bids.

They need to concentrate on things that actually happen.

Idiots.

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 1393 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 10:57 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

BFJ was ahead of his time!!

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 11:06 - Jul 30 with 1364 viewsBobbychase

The cage rattlers at Turnstile Blues..... on 11:01 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

"I don't mind them tweeting about the potential fallout when Dozzell or Judge leave."

The problem with that is that they are moaning about something that hasnt happened and may not happen. 100% pre-emptive flouncing at its worst.

On the flip side, I am sure they wont give ME credit for resisting bids.

They need to concentrate on things that actually happen.

Idiots.

Yes but when reality doesn't fit your narrative, best to get angry about things that might happen.

I am seeing soooo many people seizing on this report saying it somehow explains why players like McGoldrick and Webster left us and were miraculously injury free.

Of course what nobody ever considers is that maybe the time spent with our physios in his last season made McGoldrick a better player fitness wise and Sheffield United reaped the benefit.

But I expect it was because Evans makes them train on concrete and broken glass, the scoundrel.

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:14 - Jul 30 with 1303 viewsbraveblue

The lack of investment across the club eventually starts to show. But never mind, let’s thank Evans and pretend all is well.
Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:17 - Jul 30 with 1293 viewsBobbychase

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:14 - Jul 30 by braveblue

The lack of investment across the club eventually starts to show. But never mind, let’s thank Evans and pretend all is well.

Which bit of the report into the Academy mental health failing are you referring to there?

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:19 - Jul 30 with 1274 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:17 - Jul 30 by Bobbychase

Which bit of the report into the Academy mental health failing are you referring to there?

No need for specifics when you have an over generalised catch all.

Breaking news: Lack of investment by Evans on 11:21 - Jul 30 with 1260 viewsBobbychase

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:19 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

No need for specifics when you have an over generalised catch all.

I feel some of us spotted this a while back. For me it was the long cold winter of 2014-15.

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 1245 viewsMeadowlark

Welcome to the thread moaning about fans moaning......

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 1230 viewsfooters

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:23 - Jul 30 by Meadowlark

I'll make you moan, luv x

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 1231 viewsBobbychase

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 11:23 - Jul 30 by Meadowlark

We all moan. It's the rush to moan that bothers me, the tripping over themselves to moan. The agendas masquerading as genuine concern.

"This explains our injury problems" on 11:28 - Jul 30 with 1212 viewsRyorry

"This explains our injury problems" on 10:56 - Jul 30 by Bobbychase

Yes. A report into a mental health support failing explains why Nydam broke his ankle last week

The report highlights a helluva lot more than "A report into a mental health support failing" - I suggest you read it again.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"This explains our injury problems" on 11:57 - Jul 30 with 1090 viewssouthnorfolkblue

"This explains our injury problems" on 11:28 - Jul 30 by Ryorry

The report highlights a helluva lot more than "A report into a mental health support failing" - I suggest you read it again.

As you say the mental health is actually a bit of a side issue. I’m more concerned about the suggestion that we have mismanaged his physical treatment. This could be a one off and I’m sure that it happens at other clubs, but we appear to have a terrible track record with injuries. Some of them such as Sears and Nydam can’t be avoided, but there are plenty of others where the jury is out. Adeyemi is a good case in point and he was effectively told to man up by Hurst before it eventually became apparent that he needed an operation.

Against that backdrop is it any wonder that the some of the fans are asking questions about the quality of medical support at the club?

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

"This explains our injury problems" on 12:07 - Jul 30 with 1058 viewsIllinoisblue

"This explains our injury problems" on 11:28 - Jul 30 by Ryorry

Given the robustness of the club’s reply I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. Could things have been handled better? Sounds like it. Were they as bad as the Indy’s tabloid raving suggest? Probably not.

The player concerned is still employed by the club as a coach which suggests he can’t be too disillusioned with ITFC

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Seeing a little bit too much self-righteousness on social media on 12:10 - Jul 30 with 1042 viewsIllinoisblue

My favorite was on FB where it was all blamed on McCarthy. The thread ended with someone urging others to join the Evans Out FB group. Then someone else pointed out that group hasn’t been active for over two years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024