Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Futsal... 16:27 - Jul 30 with 812 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone send their kids to Futsal?

My lad is nearly 6 years old, and has been going to 'mini' football classes for 2-3 years.

Think he could develop by playing Futsal.... anyone got any experience?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Futsal... on 16:29 - Jul 30 with 799 viewshomer_123

Yep, daughter plays football and futsal. Best to do both.

Futsal is great for developing close ball control - especially keeping the ball in tight spaces, great also for really slowing the pace of the game down and then speeding up dramatically.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Futsal... on 16:30 - Jul 30 with 802 viewsSteve_M

Howard Wilkinson was once quoted in WSC as saying "Football should be played on a big pitch with big balls" in response to being asked about Futsal. He was FA Technical Director at the time.

On that basis it is surely a good thing, it's designed to develop close control I believe. The technique scales up to larger pitches in time too.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:31]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Futsal... on 16:31 - Jul 30 with 792 viewshomer_123

Futsal... on 16:30 - Jul 30 by Steve_M

Howard Wilkinson was once quoted in WSC as saying "Football should be played on a big pitch with big balls" in response to being asked about Futsal. He was FA Technical Director at the time.

On that basis it is surely a good thing, it's designed to develop close control I believe. The technique scales up to larger pitches in time too.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:31]

Howard?

Futsal... on 16:32 - Jul 30 with 789 viewsSteve_M

Futsal... on 16:31 - Jul 30 by homer_123

Howard?

Yeah, him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Futsal... on 16:34 - Jul 30 with 775 viewsronnyd

Futsal... on 16:32 - Jul 30 by Steve_M

Yeah, him.

Swift edit there.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Jul 30 with 773 viewsronnyd

Futsal... on 16:32 - Jul 30 by Steve_M

Yeah, him.

Ooops
[Post edited 30 Jul 2019 16:35]
Futsal... on 16:40 - Jul 30 with 751 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Futsal... on 16:29 - Jul 30 by homer_123

Yep, daughter plays football and futsal. Best to do both.

Futsal is great for developing close ball control - especially keeping the ball in tight spaces, great also for really slowing the pace of the game down and then speeding up dramatically.

They are both on at the same time.... hence the choice.

He plays footy and school and at home, so would keep up that side of things.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Futsal... on 16:50 - Jul 30 with 732 viewsJakeITFC

I used to play Futsal in an adult league in Ipswich, it was fantastic fun and brilliant for technique. It has unfortunately folded now, but it was loads better than 5-a-side at goals.

There used to be a kids coaching session before us most weeks and it looked like the kids were having great fun (and looked like really skilful players).
Login to get fewer ads

Futsal... on 17:03 - Jul 30 with 712 viewshomer_123

Futsal... on 16:40 - Jul 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

They are both on at the same time.... hence the choice.

He plays footy and school and at home, so would keep up that side of things.

Def do Futsal as well then - it's has rapidly speeded up her development and that of all the girls and they love the fact it's the same but different, if that makes sense!

Futsal... on 17:04 - Jul 30 with 704 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Futsal... on 17:03 - Jul 30 by homer_123

Def do Futsal as well then - it's has rapidly speeded up her development and that of all the girls and they love the fact it's the same but different, if that makes sense!

Yep, makes perfect sense. Thanks

Futsal... on 17:15 - Jul 30 with 688 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yep, taking my lad tonight, he's 10. As others have said, no down side to it.
Futsal... on 17:19 - Jul 30 with 684 viewsgiant_stow

I hope you don;t mind, but I;d like to ask an associated question.

My kid of a similar age plays footy after school on park with his mates most days, but they all play like little sh1ts: they foul a lot and get angry with each other, but most annoyingly dive non-stop. I blame tv footy, but as the sometimes ref* how do I get the little sods to play nicely? I can't punish kids that arne't mine or reward them with sweets.... I can hardly send them off, so what to do?

*I try and take the lazy watch from the sides approach, but usually they all get so upset with each other that they actually ask me or another parent to come and ref. THis only takes the worst of the edge off.

OP, sorry for hitching a lift.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Futsal... on 19:58 - Jul 30 with 632 views3_5_2

I coached football for many years at all levels, in schools, clubs, ITFC and at the NCFC centre of excellence so have experienced many different forms and styles of coaching in youth football

Futsal is a fantastic way to develop ball control, tricks and skills and done in such a way that kids are encouraged to express themselves in games I used to work with a guy who was a high level futsal coach and it was a joy to see the kids play this way. Turns / tricks etc were done on a step by step basis so a "Mini Maradonna" for example, would be walked through, practiced and brought into games. If you did one in a game, your team got a point, 3 points = one goal ! Kids were happy to go home and practice

7,8,9 year olds were doing amazing things, a lot of one touch play, stepovers, drag backs, "megs" !! They were encouraged to just express themselves in the games at the end

It compliments other forms of football and in my view, should be a part of youth coaching badges because as an assessor, I see kids who cannot trap or pass a ball, being shown "shape" or "how to press"

basics first !!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024