Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£20m for McBurnie at Swansea 12:22 - Jul 31 with 1740 viewsElderGrizzly

After one good season in the Championship? Shows the silliness of fees now

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/31/sheffield-united-agree-oli-mcbu
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 12:22]
£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 12:36 - Jul 31 with 1689 viewsSuperblue95

More than they got for James isn’t it?

McBurnie looked like a pub player to me in the game in April (only one game I know, and James looked pretty poor too)

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 12:42 - Jul 31 with 1664 viewsIllinoisblue

There’s a lot of average players becoming millionaires in this continuing madness. Micky Stockwell, with SIX HUNDRED games in the top two divisions fits kitchens for a living. Wonder how many of today’s players will be doing that in the future.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 12:54 - Jul 31 with 1630 viewsTractorCam

This means one of Billy Sharp and David McGoldrick are almost certainly going to be shown the door. Crazy given how well they worked to gain them promotion.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 12:59 - Jul 31 with 1604 viewsJDB23

Makes our plight even worse. Imagine if we were still in the Championship and Dozzell/Lankester etc had a really good year, could be commanding similar such fees. Whether that would translate into improving the squad is a different matter.
£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:02 - Jul 31 with 1591 viewsJohnny_Boy

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 12:54 - Jul 31 by TractorCam

This means one of Billy Sharp and David McGoldrick are almost certainly going to be shown the door. Crazy given how well they worked to gain them promotion.

McGoldrick has just signed an extension, so my money is on Sharp being loaned out..... probably back to Donny (which would make that his 3rd or 4th time)
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 13:03]
£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:04 - Jul 31 with 1582 viewsTractorCam

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:02 - Jul 31 by Johnny_Boy

McGoldrick has just signed an extension, so my money is on Sharp being loaned out..... probably back to Donny (which would make that his 3rd or 4th time)
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 13:03]

Ah yes I forgot about that. Surely a championship club would take him? If he somehow found his way in league 1 we should be offering an arm and a leg.

Knowing us, we'd offer him..... on 13:13 - Jul 31 with 1549 viewsBloots

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:04 - Jul 31 by TractorCam

Ah yes I forgot about that. Surely a championship club would take him? If he somehow found his way in league 1 we should be offering an arm and a leg.

....Judge's arm and Bishop's leg.

Cheers.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Knowing us, we'd offer him..... on 13:14 - Jul 31 with 1542 viewsfactual_blue

Knowing us, we'd offer him..... on 13:13 - Jul 31 by Bloots

....Judge's arm and Bishop's leg.

Cheers.

'Judge's arm' and 'Bishop's leg' sound like the names of real ales.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 1533 viewsKieran_Knows

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:04 - Jul 31 by TractorCam

Absolutely no chance Billy Sharp leaves Sheffield United, his boyhood club that he captains, now they've won promotion to the Prem.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:18 - Jul 31 with 1525 viewsTractorCam

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:16 - Jul 31 by Kieran_Knows

Absolutely no chance Billy Sharp leaves Sheffield United, his boyhood club that he captains, now they've won promotion to the Prem.

They've signed McBurnie, Robinson and Moussett, someone is surely going to have to give. I can't wrap my ahead around the Moussett singing at all.

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:26 - Jul 31 with 1496 viewshoppy

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:18 - Jul 31 by TractorCam

They've signed McBurnie, Robinson and Moussett, someone is surely going to have to give. I can't wrap my ahead around the Moussett singing at all.

Not the best at karaoke then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:31 - Jul 31 with 1476 viewsJohnny_Boy

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:16 - Jul 31 by Kieran_Knows

I can't imagine Chris Wilder has got himself where he is on sentimentality.

The fact of the matter is, Sharp is now 33 and has always relied on his pace. I honestly don't know if he's going to cut it in topflight football.
£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:38 - Jul 31 with 1450 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very good footballer, not just a natural goalscorer. But I think he suffers from Rhodes’ curse (lack of pace) which will make him much less effective in the PL.

Silly money really, although he was almost priceless to Swansea (as we know all too well what happens when you sell your best (by some distance) goal scorer.

I expect Swansea to struggle this year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 17:31 - Jul 31 with 1236 viewsjontysnut

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 13:38 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Very good footballer, not just a natural goalscorer. But I think he suffers from Rhodes’ curse (lack of pace) which will make him much less effective in the PL.

Silly money really, although he was almost priceless to Swansea (as we know all too well what happens when you sell your best (by some distance) goal scorer.

I expect Swansea to struggle this year.

Should have heard the pelters he got from Bradford fans when he broke into the side as a youth. Admittedly he's no Harry Kane but experts, eh?
£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 18:25 - Jul 31 with 1197 viewsSwansea_Blue

£20m for McBurnie at Swansea on 17:31 - Jul 31 by jontysnut

Should have heard the pelters he got from Bradford fans when he broke into the side as a youth. Admittedly he's no Harry Kane but experts, eh?

He was getting grief down here too when he had a few run outs in the PL - he simply wasn’t physical or fast enough. But in the Championship he’s a different beast; player of the season for Barnsley(?) year before last after only a1/2 season loan, and a good return last season even though he struggled to shake an unknown illness through the mid part of the season and lost a shed load of weight. And he scored for fun in Swansea’a development side. Just looks a bit ungainly at times.

£20m is nuts, but then what did Tyrone go for from us when he’d only had a season and made nowhere near the impact McB has at Swansea? And this year to Villa, without really having made an impact in the PL? It’s a crazy market where there’s a demand. (And conversely, flat as a pancake where there isn’t).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Knowing us, we'd offer him..... on 23:16 - Jul 31 with 1065 viewsjeera

Knowing us, we'd offer him..... on 13:14 - Jul 31 by factual_blue

'Judge's arm' and 'Bishop's leg' sound like the names of real ales.

Whereas McBurnie sounds like a lousy cheeseburger joint.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024