Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jobs lost because of Brexit 16:04 - Jul 31 with 4595 viewsgazzer1999

If Britain leaves without a deal all over Europe there will potentially be 1.2 millions jobs lost, that includes Britain.
Are we the most important country in Europe for jobs or would the impact be higher if say France or Germany left?
The 1.2 million is only an estimate from a newspaper so could be higher or lower, no one really knows the true answer.
You would think that a suitable compromise could be made, such as an agreement to free trade between us and Europe, without the need for a backstop which appears to be the stumbling block.
If we leave do we no longer need the goods from Europe or them from Britain?
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:07 - Jul 31 with 3488 viewsSpruceMoose

"You would think that a suitable compromise could be made, such as an agreement to free trade between us and Europe, without the need for a backstop which appears to be the stumbling block. "

People thinking that is what got us into this mess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:08 - Jul 31 with 3479 viewsDanTheMan

"You would think that a suitable compromise could be made, such as an agreement to free trade between us and Europe"

We haven't even got anywhere near this talk yet, we're only at the leaving deal stage. This temporary deal was supposed to be whilst we talked about the actual deal which will take even longer.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:09 - Jul 31 with 3468 viewsSteve_M

We can stay in the Single Market if we follow its rules. That would still have been Brexit, outside the political structures of the EU but with a reduced voice in setting the rules, but May decided otherwise.

What about non-tariff barriers? If the UK doesn't follow EU regulations - because of a race to the bottom under the guise of cutting 'red tape' - how can UK companies continue to export to Europe without customs and regulatory checks?

This is particularly the case for services which are the greater part of the UK economy, indeed are often bundled with manufacturing as well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:09 - Jul 31 with 3461 viewsgazzer1999

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:07 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

"You would think that a suitable compromise could be made, such as an agreement to free trade between us and Europe, without the need for a backstop which appears to be the stumbling block. "

Thank you Sprucey, thats cleared that up XXX.
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:10 - Jul 31 with 3453 viewsSpruceMoose

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:09 - Jul 31 by gazzer1999

Thank you Sprucey, thats cleared that up XXX.

You're welcome! No need wasting characters when brevity will do.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:12 - Jul 31 with 3443 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, there is a compromise - it involves remaining in the customs union. If we do that we may as well remain altogether.

Are those job losses within the EU but outside Britain because, if not, I would assume the vast majority will be in this country. The fact the hit will be far more concentrated in this country is why we should be desperate to avoid leaving without a deal. It will hurt the EU but nothing like the damage it will do us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:12 - Jul 31 with 3438 viewsgazzer1999

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:10 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

You're welcome! No need wasting characters when brevity will do.

Does it cover all the questions?
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:14 - Jul 31 with 3425 viewsMattinLondon

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:12 - Jul 31 by gazzer1999

Does it cover all the questions?

No. Just the moronic ones you tend to ask.
Login to get fewer ads

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:15 - Jul 31 with 3417 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mine!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:16 - Jul 31 with 3404 viewsgazzer1999

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:12 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, there is a compromise - it involves remaining in the customs union. If we do that we may as well remain altogether.

Are those job losses within the EU but outside Britain because, if not, I would assume the vast majority will be in this country. The fact the hit will be far more concentrated in this country is why we should be desperate to avoid leaving without a deal. It will hurt the EU but nothing like the damage it will do us.

According to the article in the newspaper around 1/2 million in this country. It does not say anything about the extra jobs that could be made if we are able to strike deals with other countries.

As a side note to this; if we have a trade deal with the USA, how much cheaper will my next iPhone be?
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:18 - Jul 31 with 3386 viewsDarth_Koont

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:08 - Jul 31 by DanTheMan

"You would think that a suitable compromise could be made, such as an agreement to free trade between us and Europe"

We haven't even got anywhere near this talk yet, we're only at the leaving deal stage. This temporary deal was supposed to be whilst we talked about the actual deal which will take even longer.

Indeed. No deal just sets the actual trade agreement talks back by a year or more. And weakens our negotiation position as we slowly bleed.

Not just with the EU either. We'll be simultaneously bringing that risk and uncertainty into every other major trade deal we try to work out.

There are some reasonably strong indicators of a global recession approaching. Brexit might just speed that up for the world but would be absolutely disastrous for the UK itself with its own extra uncertainty and costs that we need to deal with first.

But great for the disaster capitalists and those who can move their businesses and exposure around the world ... so that's alright for the Leave and No-Deal backers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:18 - Jul 31 with 3380 viewsartsbossbeard

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:16 - Jul 31 by gazzer1999

According to the article in the newspaper around 1/2 million in this country. It does not say anything about the extra jobs that could be made if we are able to strike deals with other countries.

As a side note to this; if we have a trade deal with the USA, how much cheaper will my next iPhone be?

The downside being that when someone shoves that new iPhone up your 'arris, the US supplied pain meds required will cost you a packet.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:20 - Jul 31 with 3370 viewsgazzer1999

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:14 - Jul 31 by MattinLondon

No. Just the moronic ones you tend to ask.

Sorry Matt, no need to be so rude. Just asking questions on the no 1 forum that knows all the answers. I don't want to be in the "don't know what we voted for group". I expected better, but just goes to show its like the soviet union, just accept it and don't ask questions.
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 3278 viewsBangor31

Germany is a bigger economy than the UK and france is about the same. With that in mind I would be shocked if we lost more workers than both of them in these similar scenarios (we have a far more robust economy than France) and I would argue that Germany is the full EU econonomic drive once we're gone. In the past you could say we ran numbers while Germany produced the goods (sweeping generalisation granted) but when we've left i believe Germany will have the largest financial sector in the EU along with manufacturing.
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:09 - Jul 31 with 3224 viewsHerbivore

We won't be able to do a deal with the US if we have a physical border of some sort on the island of Ireland, which we will have to do if we don't remain in a customs union. Most other nations will also be reluctant to do deals with us if they don't know what terms we will be on with the EU, our nearest and largest trading partner.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:34 - Jul 31 with 3159 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"extra jobs made if we are able to strike [better!] deals with other countries".

Oh dear! You really do not understand this, do you?

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:35 - Jul 31 with 3156 viewsSpruceMoose

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:34 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

"extra jobs made if we are able to strike [better!] deals with other countries".

Oh dear! You really do not understand this, do you?

Less of that goading if you please.

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:44 - Jul 31 with 3141 viewsgazzer1999

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:35 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

Thank you Sprucey, thats twice now XX.
I only really like to see if there is proper debate from both sides, not just a one sided argument as is usual on here.
It would take a bit more than the sort of goading to get me going, I don't have anger problems. Better for all of us to look at at both sides of a coin.
We must remember, I take it the reason we are all here in the first place is because we all have a love for Ipswich Town.
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:46 - Jul 31 with 3138 viewsSpruceMoose

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:44 - Jul 31 by gazzer1999

Thank you Sprucey, thats twice now XX.
I only really like to see if there is proper debate from both sides, not just a one sided argument as is usual on here.
It would take a bit more than the sort of goading to get me going, I don't have anger problems. Better for all of us to look at at both sides of a coin.
We must remember, I take it the reason we are all here in the first place is because we all have a love for Ipswich Town.

You're welcome. We all appreciate a good clean fight after all. No biting or gooch punching on this board.

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:51 - Jul 31 with 3121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:35 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

It really isn't.

Does he really think that by scrapping all the trade deals we already have through the EU, it somehow magics some great ones that were hung over from the days of the empire?

Perhaps there are some hung over steam train contracts with Australia we will be get on to building if we can import the steel from India without it entering EU territory first.

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 3117 viewsSpruceMoose

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:51 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

It really isn't.

Does he really think that by scrapping all the trade deals we already have through the EU, it somehow magics some great ones that were hung over from the days of the empire?

Perhaps there are some hung over steam train contracts with Australia we will be get on to building if we can import the steel from India without it entering EU territory first.

I just calls it as I sees it. How else do you think I became an official referee for Dolly v Glassers?

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 18:01 - Jul 31 with 3100 viewsgazzer1999

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 17:51 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

It really isn't.

You do realise back when we joined the common market, we had all the doom merchants saying thats the end. Mostly from supporters of the labour party as I recall.
Do they carry steel via road from India?
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 18:13 - Jul 31 with 3072 viewsBloomBlue

Germany could potentially be in a formal recession before Oct 31st they have been hit hard by the US / China tariff war.

Many economists in Germany are predicting if they in a recession and then Brexit does happen on 31st that recession will be a severe recession. Predictions on job losses very enormously as per the normal with any prediction so best to ignore them but if those 2 events coincide the general thought is a lot of jobs in Germany will be lost.
Jobs lost because of Brexit on 18:16 - Jul 31 with 3056 viewsHerbivore

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 18:13 - Jul 31 by BloomBlue

Germany could potentially be in a formal recession before Oct 31st they have been hit hard by the US / China tariff war.

Many economists in Germany are predicting if they in a recession and then Brexit does happen on 31st that recession will be a severe recession. Predictions on job losses very enormously as per the normal with any prediction so best to ignore them but if those 2 events coincide the general thought is a lot of jobs in Germany will be lost.

Does that mean we win the war?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 18:17 - Jul 31 with 3053 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jobs lost because of Brexit on 16:07 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

Look on the positive - at least one Brexiteer is acknowledging that it might not be the cleverest move. Ok, it’s wrapped in the current Brexit HQ line that it’s the EU’s fault, but it’s a start.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024