Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really good League One preview 17:07 - Jul 31 with 1951 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://staceywest.net/2019/07/28/league-one-preview-pt2-coventry-doncaster-flee

Credit to the Lincoln forum. Really informative, detailed and (pretty much) accurate preview on all clubs.

They've got us down for anywhere between 1st and 10th. I think that's absolutely spot on.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Really good League One preview on 17:42 - Jul 31 with 1835 viewsJ2BLUE

So they've covered over 40% of the league table? Really gone out on a limb.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Really good League One preview on 17:54 - Jul 31 with 1806 viewsActionMan

"They’re a big club for this level, they’ve only ever had a couple of years outside the top two divisions in their history and haven’t ‘sunk’ this low in over fifty years. History doesn’t win football matches though; players do."

Probably the most accurate statement we've had. They are predicting top 10 which is reasonable when everyone is fit, I can't see us going up now though, just too much wrong behind the scenes to make a real go of it which is a massive shame as had Evans played his cards right this could have been the spark that had really helped us push on but instead we've got a manager complaining he can't get his players in.
Really good League One preview on 17:56 - Jul 31 with 1782 viewsDanTheMan

Really good League One preview on 17:42 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

Completely off topic but why is your username now lower case?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Really good League One preview on 17:57 - Jul 31 with 1775 viewsSpruceMoose

Really good League One preview on 17:56 - Jul 31 by DanTheMan

He's claiming Gav has a vendetta against him.

I'm more inclined to believe it is a cry for attention.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 17:59]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Really good League One preview on 18:04 - Jul 31 with 1733 viewsmonty_radio

Really good League One preview on 17:54 - Jul 31 by ActionMan

"They’re a big club for this level, they’ve only ever had a couple of years outside the top two divisions in their history and haven’t ‘sunk’ this low in over fifty years. History doesn’t win football matches though; players do."

Probably the most accurate statement we've had. They are predicting top 10 which is reasonable when everyone is fit, I can't see us going up now though, just too much wrong behind the scenes to make a real go of it which is a massive shame as had Evans played his cards right this could have been the spark that had really helped us push on but instead we've got a manager complaining he can't get his players in.

Agree with the general accuracy of their summary of us, except that this would actually be our 12th season outside the top two divisions.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Really good League One preview on 18:12 - Jul 31 with 1704 viewsActionMan

Oh look Herbivore is trolling again. I know you have been actively hating on anyone who feels we won't win the league or go up, but come on, even you have to be realistic now. We should be going up as Champions but we're making it hard on ourselves in the transfer market, couple that with our injuries and who wants to be they'll be a few more yet knowing our luck and we'll fail to go up. Bart is arguably our best player and more than good enough for this league and we've shipped him off to save money, meanwhile Lambert is getting frustrated not being able to bring in the people he wants. It's groundhog day.
Really good League One preview on 18:21 - Jul 31 with 1670 viewsBlueBadger

My personal prediction for the season is we'll finish 7th or 8th. I can see us making a slow start thanks to inuries, a potentially tricky first two games and a LONG losing habit, which we've done little to shed in pre-season meaning that confidence is likely to be fragile. We'll probably pick up over winter but be held back by a lack of depth up front and at the back.
Evans will sanction the loan of a centre back in January and we'll make a late surge as we'll stop conceding quite as many goals but ultimately fall short.
Then he'll sack Lambert. and reduce the budget for 20/21.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 18:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Really good League One preview on 18:28 - Jul 31 with 1630 viewsBlueBadger

Really good League One preview on 18:21 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

My personal prediction for the season is we'll finish 7th or 8th. I can see us making a slow start thanks to inuries, a potentially tricky first two games and a LONG losing habit, which we've done little to shed in pre-season meaning that confidence is likely to be fragile. We'll probably pick up over winter but be held back by a lack of depth up front and at the back.
Evans will sanction the loan of a centre back in January and we'll make a late surge as we'll stop conceding quite as many goals but ultimately fall short.
Then he'll sack Lambert. and reduce the budget for 20/21.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 18:22]

Caveat: last seaosn I predicted we'd finish 'somewhere around 14th'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Really good League One preview on 18:29 - Jul 31 with 1622 viewsJ2BLUE

Really good League One preview on 17:56 - Jul 31 by DanTheMan

Gav is a child.

Truly impaired.

Really good League One preview on 19:01 - Jul 31 with 1549 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Really good League One preview on 17:42 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

Do you want me to explain Part 2 of 4 to you?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Really good League One preview on 19:07 - Jul 31 with 1506 viewsJ2BLUE

Really good League One preview on 19:01 - Jul 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Do you want me to explain Part 2 of 4 to you?

Do you want me to explain that 10 is 40% of 24?

Hence predicting top 10 is narrowing it down to 40% of the league table.

Truly impaired.

Really good League One preview on 19:16 - Jul 31 with 1473 viewsSpruceMoose

Really good League One preview on 19:07 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

You're on fire today.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Really good League One preview on 19:56 - Jul 31 with 1345 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Really good League One preview on 19:07 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

Lollers

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Really good League One preview on 19:57 - Jul 31 with 1341 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Andre Dozzell ‘properly broke through last season’. Well that’s news to me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024