Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season 20:16 - Jul 31 with 2718 viewsflettonblue

I'm genuinely interested why? I can't really think of anything positive during Evans reign, apart from blind pre season optimism what's your reasoning, if any ?
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:24 - Jul 31 with 2147 viewsBLUEBEAT

It’s not so much about how good our squad is but more about how poor the majority of League One teams are.

Poll: W or W

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:24 - Jul 31 with 2128 viewsSpruceMoose

I quite enjoyed that one playoff game.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:25 - Jul 31 with 2148 viewsKeaneish

Our squad is excellent for this league.
We have a real goal scorer in Norwood unlike anyone we’ve had for a while.
Judge is a class act to watch.
We have real prospects coming through the academy ie: Downes
PL is shaping the team as he wants.
The football I’ve seen pee-season has been good.
We’ve sold a good amount of season tickets.
The days of fan division are over and the bitterness of the MM era has gone.

Loads.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:27 - Jul 31 with 2122 viewsSwansea_Blue

Because it’s a well known fact that every team who gets relegated bounces straight back up in style, like Sunderland.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:28 - Jul 31 with 2128 viewsThe_Snake

We’re not a Bolton or Bury
We have a cracking midfield
I think we are one signing away from a cracking strike-force
Chambers is only out for one match. I’m really not wetting myself yet; I can’t believe we won’t sign a centre half. Chambers, Toto when fit with the Wolf + 1 should be ok.
I personally can’t wait for Saturday, bring on Burton.
Hotel booked. Town full of great pubs.
Let’s do this.
***this could be deleted at 16:55 on Saturday***
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:28 - Jul 31 with 2117 viewslowhouseblue

no new injuries in the past week - the tide is turning.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:29 - Jul 31 with 2111 viewsipswichtillidie

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:25 - Jul 31 by Keaneish

Loads.

^ Mostly this. If you can’t be optimistic as a football fan a few days before the season starts what is the point! We still need a few body’s in but have some real talented players who just need to show their potential. If they don’t we will be mid table, If they do collectively we will win the league. What’s not to be optimistic about 😃
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 20:31]

Gav

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:31 - Jul 31 with 2075 viewsSpruceMoose

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:25 - Jul 31 by Keaneish

Loads.

"Pee Season"

Titter!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:32 - Jul 31 with 2085 viewsArnieM

Why am I feeling confident? Well I wouldn’t say overly confident, but I th8nk Towns squad will by and large be able to match most of what is in the League One.

How many of our players would get into our opponents squads? A fair few I’d say.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:35 - Jul 31 with 2056 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:27 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Because it’s a well known fact that every team who gets relegated bounces straight back up in style, like Sunderland.

Barnsley Charlton
Rotherham Wigan

Gives us hope
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:35 - Jul 31 with 2056 viewsBlueForYou

Every start to the season is positive & full of hope. What is wrong with you man?
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:37 - Jul 31 with 2035 viewsSpruceMoose

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:35 - Jul 31 by BlueForYou

Every start to the season is positive & full of hope. What is wrong with you man?

He must have seen us play under Lambert last season.

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:40 - Jul 31 with 2038 viewsbrogansnose

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:35 - Jul 31 by BtreeBlueBlood

Barnsley Charlton
Rotherham Wigan

Gives us hope

and Bolton and Blackburn.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:48 - Jul 31 with 2000 viewsgordon

Due to a change in personal circumstance I may attend multiple matches for the first time in quite a few seasons.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:53 - Jul 31 with 1969 viewsSwansea_Blue

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:35 - Jul 31 by BtreeBlueBlood

Barnsley Charlton
Rotherham Wigan

Gives us hope

And Norwich!

We’ll see. Exciting time of the season, however it all turns out. I love the expectation, uncertainty, waiting to see if we’ve cracked it, if this will be the year, etc. Pre-season has been the highlight for the last few years!

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:01 - Jul 31 with 1931 viewsBluedandy

Stockholm syndrome is the best way to approach/reconcile yourself to Marcus Evans ... not full proof by any stretch but it means I at least head into each season feeling mildly optimistic.

So here's why we will romp away with the title .... Norwood, Hews, Dozzell, Downes, Judge, Jackson (the surprise package) and when fit Edwards, Nolan, Lankester, Sears and Bishop plus not forgetting A.N. Other x 2 when they sign ...

Crikey we'll be champions by Xmas and back in the Premiership by 2021 ... happy days ...
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 21:05]
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:02 - Jul 31 with 1922 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Having players that are good at this level.

Having a pre season under PL.

Good youngsters coming through.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:03 - Jul 31 with 1912 viewsSwansea_Blue

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:01 - Jul 31 by Bluedandy

Stockholm syndrome is the best way to approach/reconcile yourself to Marcus Evans ... not full proof by any stretch but it means I at least head into each season feeling mildly optimistic.

So here's why we will romp away with the title .... Norwood, Hews, Dozzell, Downes, Judge, Jackson (the surprise package) and when fit Edwards, Nolan, Lankester, Sears and Bishop plus not forgetting A.N. Other x 2 when they sign ...

Crikey we'll be champions by Xmas and back in the Premiership by 2021 ... happy days ...
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 21:05]

When you say ‘Stockholm syndrome’ do you actually mean a bottle of gin?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:11 - Jul 31 with 1882 viewsBluedandy

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:03 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

When you say ‘Stockholm syndrome’ do you actually mean a bottle of gin?

No need for gin - I've already had my fill of melancholia ... maybe absinthe though if we're mid-table by October.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:20 - Jul 31 with 1846 viewspointofblue

Because we can't go back so we have to go forward. We have one of the strongest squads in League One, on paper, and we have the opportunity to take advantage of this with a manager who has had marked success in the division.

If I gave into pessimism before the season even started then I wouldn't be a football fan, let alone a Town supporter.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:26 - Jul 31 with 1831 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Loads.

I agree with your first 6 or 7 points.

Unfortunately the last one appears not to be true. At least they are nor MM-style divisions … yet.

I think that with a fair wind we should be challenging for automatic promotion this season.

EDIT: and I suspect it will a much more interesting/enjoyable season than most of the past 10 or so have been.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 21:27]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:26 - Jul 31 with 1832 viewsblueislander

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:37 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

He must have seen us play under Lambert last season.

If he saw us at home to Derby, and Leeds at home , and West Bromwich Albion and Bristol City away , he might get a twinge of optimism.
For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:30 - Jul 31 with 1817 viewsCoastalblue

For the first time in probably a decade we have a squad with lots of players other sides in the league would love to have.

Shame we had to drop a level for that to be the case again, but it is, so cause for optimism.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:33 - Jul 31 with 1801 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 21:30 - Jul 31 by Coastalblue

For the first time in probably a decade we have a squad with lots of players other sides in the league would love to have.

Shame we had to drop a level for that to be the case again, but it is, so cause for optimism.

Additionally we are competing against teams that would not be able to take them off us either, as has been the case when we have had them in the Championship.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 00:34 - Aug 1 with 1583 viewsBlueBadger

For those that are optimistic about the upcoming season on 20:24 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

I quite enjoyed that one playoff game.

Magilton's final game in charge in which we effectively relegated Norwich was pretty special.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024