Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? 07:03 - Aug 1 with 11543 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 14:56 - Aug 1 with 897 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 14:40 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

With more loans likely to come....... and you're going to use that against Lambert aren't you? Just because it suits you. The fact that he may have no choice just to get more loans seems irrelevant to you.

You select what you want just to snipe at him.

Sorry but I don’t really have to be that selective about things to snipe at a manager who has won 4 of his 32 games in charge

Nice try though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 14:59 - Aug 1 with 897 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 14:56 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry but I don’t really have to be that selective about things to snipe at a manager who has won 4 of his 32 games in charge

Nice try though

Yes you are selective and you deliberately don't want to grasp that further loans may be a result of Evans' policy that is lack of funding.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:02 - Aug 1 with 879 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 14:59 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes you are selective and you deliberately don't want to grasp that further loans may be a result of Evans' policy that is lack of funding.

I think you spectacularly miss the point

Funny how you only now grasp that the manager is hamstrung by a lack of funding and didn’t consider that when our previous previous manager was forced to utilise the loan market, isn’t it?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:09 - Aug 1 with 882 viewshaynes_toe1

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 13:44 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Another silly poster.

The only one looking silly is you.

The point being made is very simple.

Some posters are refusing any criticism to be labelled at Lambert because it was 'impossible' to keep us up.

The argument is, if it was impossible, and Lambert thought so too, then our focus should have been on players for now, not wasted on loans.

If Lambert believed it was possible and signed those players to keep us up then by definition he failed spectacularly both in recruitment and in results.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:12 - Aug 1 with 877 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:02 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think you spectacularly miss the point

Funny how you only now grasp that the manager is hamstrung by a lack of funding and didn’t consider that when our previous previous manager was forced to utilise the loan market, isn’t it?

I see what the point is that is your notorious snipes at Lambert at every opportunity. You don't understand that he has no choice just to use loans and he isn't happy with that.

There will be 2-3 more loans I expect but you're gonna use it yet again against Lambert. Even in this interview he underlines he ain't happy with that: 'I could decide to go down the self-preservation route and say to Marcus (Evans) 'forget the training ground, forget the stadium, forget the kids, we'll just keep going with six, seven loans and just try and win games'.

That is what your messiah mccarthy would do, using loanees and happy with 1m in his bank account, playing for 0-0 draws with 8 defenders......You had no problem with your messiah having used tens of loanees today though you attack Lambert for anything regarding the loanees.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 15:15]
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:21 - Aug 1 with 853 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:12 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

I see what the point is that is your notorious snipes at Lambert at every opportunity. You don't understand that he has no choice just to use loans and he isn't happy with that.

There will be 2-3 more loans I expect but you're gonna use it yet again against Lambert. Even in this interview he underlines he ain't happy with that: 'I could decide to go down the self-preservation route and say to Marcus (Evans) 'forget the training ground, forget the stadium, forget the kids, we'll just keep going with six, seven loans and just try and win games'.

That is what your messiah mccarthy would do, using loanees and happy with 1m in his bank account, playing for 0-0 draws with 8 defenders......You had no problem with your messiah having used tens of loanees today though you attack Lambert for anything regarding the loanees.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 15:15]

My ‘messiah’ delivered 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons. Lambert has won 4 out of 32 games as we finished bottom of the division

It really isn’t difficult to see why I might be slightly higher on one than the other, is it?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:25 - Aug 1 with 852 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:21 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

My ‘messiah’ delivered 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons. Lambert has won 4 out of 32 games as we finished bottom of the division

It really isn’t difficult to see why I might be slightly higher on one than the other, is it?

Oh yes bring us back those days, playing for 0-0 draws with 8 defenders, sh1tting ourselves before every game and do everything that is possible to stop the opposition from playing.

We finished bottom of the division mainly because of the recruitment last summer and that is nothing to do with Lambert. Again, you and your nonsensical attacks on Lambert.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:39 - Aug 1 with 832 viewshomer_123

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 13:44 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Another silly poster.

Don't be a daft bugga

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:41 - Aug 1 with 815 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:25 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Oh yes bring us back those days, playing for 0-0 draws with 8 defenders, sh1tting ourselves before every game and do everything that is possible to stop the opposition from playing.

We finished bottom of the division mainly because of the recruitment last summer and that is nothing to do with Lambert. Again, you and your nonsensical attacks on Lambert.

Erm, when did we play with 8 defenders?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:42 - Aug 1 with 807 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:25 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ignoring the entirely made up first paragraph, thank god he’s gone. These really are the days now aren’t they?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:45 - Aug 1 with 809 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:42 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ignoring the entirely made up first paragraph, thank god he’s gone. These really are the days now aren’t they?

No there aren't really the days as the manager may be forced to use the loan market yet again due to the owner's policy.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:49 - Aug 1 with 790 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:45 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

No there aren't really the days as the manager may be forced to use the loan market yet again due to the owner's policy.

So to be clear:

Mick McCarthy works under Evans, uses the loan market and delivers regular top half finishes = boooo Mick

Paul Lambert works under Evans, uses the loan market and wins 4 out of 32 games and finishes bottom = not Paul’s fault, boooo Evans

Excellent logic 🙂

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:53 - Aug 1 with 786 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:49 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So to be clear:

Mick McCarthy works under Evans, uses the loan market and delivers regular top half finishes = boooo Mick

Paul Lambert works under Evans, uses the loan market and wins 4 out of 32 games and finishes bottom = not Paul’s fault, boooo Evans

Excellent logic 🙂

No your logic:

mccarthy uses tens of loanees, not interesting in building towards the future just happy with 1m in his bank account = everything is fine !

Lambert forced to use loanees despite underlining that he wants to build for the future = boooo Lambert because he only 4 games with the players (you deliberately skip the fact that those players weren't good enough for the Championship)

Excellent logic
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 15:54]
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:57 - Aug 1 with 771 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:53 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

No your logic:

mccarthy uses tens of loanees, not interesting in building towards the future just happy with 1m in his bank account = everything is fine !

Lambert forced to use loanees despite underlining that he wants to build for the future = boooo Lambert because he only 4 games with the players (you deliberately skip the fact that those players weren't good enough for the Championship)

Excellent logic

So to get this straight, Lambert was forced to use loanees but Mick chose to?

Mick didn't build for the future but gave debuts to over a dozen academy players, but Lambert is building for the future because he said some words about building for the future?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:58 - Aug 1 with 762 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:53 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

No your logic:

Excellent logic

Christ, I think you might need to go for a lie down Mach 🙂

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:02 - Aug 1 with 748 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:58 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ, I think you might need to go for a lie down Mach 🙂

And you make sure you don't miss an opportunity to tear into Lambert when/if we sign another loanee soon.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:08 - Aug 1 with 722 viewsMullet

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:49 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So to be clear:

Excellent logic 🙂

Still people need to stop bringing up MM because we fans are all together and everything is fantastic right?

There is a telling and calculated PR campaign via the EADT this week, and I think it’s working a treat. Weird people don’t see this season for what it is though, a massive step into the unknown with the club in a precarious and unavoidable position.

The fact we aren’t talking about Hurst (because it is a bridge to the failure if PL to keep us up), is clearly designed but I think if we can’t give Lambert this season to coach these players, we are in even deeper than we thought. If he’s as good as he is suggesting he has a lot of talented kids and players on their last chance to achieve anything. It’s his job to get us back where we were.

Every result is going to come back to that for months now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:28 - Aug 1 with 695 viewsKeaneish

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 10:53 - Aug 1 by PJH

So you think that Lambert came in thinking that he had no chance of keeping us up?

If that was the case he should not have taken the job and left it for someone that believed that they could save us.

Plenty would have thought that they could accumulate about 45 points from 31 games and several would probably have done it.

To what end though? Another 6 or 7 years of an MM / ME type of partnership where we stagnate and paper over the cracks because that's what ME afforded us?

I agree with many that the size of the task is a complete rebuild. I find it difficult to see how we could have taken the same approach and maintain Championship status ie: clearing out the large squad, getting the right squad balance, blooding lots of youth, balancing the wage bill, making ME wake up etc. It seems to have taken a large financial hit and PL's words for our owner to even have a proper player contract strategy in place!

It's rotten and needs tearing down / rebuilding. Fingers crossed that PL's vision will be backed by ME in the right way despite the huge cash deficit and ignominy of dropping into League One. Only time will tell if the green shoots of recovery are there or not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:42 - Aug 1 with 666 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 14:54 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We had clearly been poor however we did win 3 games prior to Lambert taking the job, weren’t too far adrift and had a manageable run of games ahead - so I don’t think it was unfeasible that we could have survived. Tend to agree with PJH that a more pragmatic approach would have yielded better results than 4 wins from 32

Seemingly Lambert also agrees, seeing it was under him that we made 7 short term signings in January. Presumably you must think that was an awful decision though as we had no chance of survival?

You can use context as an excuse for any loan - we needed to bring in several players quickly as the window closed last year due to our sh*t start for example, or to get better players than we could afford under McCarthy. Fact is Lambert arrived and made a big song and dance about not bringing in loanees and building short term, yet there doesn’t appear to be any noticeable change in approach

Thanks for pointing out that you’ve explained things though. Maybe I just disagree with you?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 15:41]

There you go again. Where have I said we had no chance of survival?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:56 - Aug 1 with 655 viewsjaykay

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:01 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Ironic, then, that this interview struck me as mainly being about self preservation.

trouble is mick told it how it is"about the fans of ipswich town". he never told how it was with evans. some might say that's self preservation.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:57 - Aug 1 with 654 viewsglasso

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 08:10 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed

I don't get how things like this happen. Aside from it being dead cheap to paint a wooden section like that, it also wouldn't be at all difficult for them just to get fans in to do it in return for a free ticket for the next match or something (it's not like we're struggling for spare seats)

It's such an easy fix over the summer. So many youngsters out there who're looking for a summer job and a bit of painting the stadium on minimum wage would be so easy to sort out
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:58 - Aug 1 with 647 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:56 - Aug 1 by jaykay

trouble is mick told it how it is"about the fans of ipswich town". he never told how it was with evans. some might say that's self preservation.

I think he preferred to keep those private conversations private.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:03 - Aug 1 with 633 viewsitfcjoe

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:57 - Aug 1 by glasso

I don't get how things like this happen. Aside from it being dead cheap to paint a wooden section like that, it also wouldn't be at all difficult for them just to get fans in to do it in return for a free ticket for the next match or something (it's not like we're struggling for spare seats)

It's such an easy fix over the summer. So many youngsters out there who're looking for a summer job and a bit of painting the stadium on minimum wage would be so easy to sort out

It does need to be done properly though, prepared and the correct products used etc - you can’t just give anyone a paint brush

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:04 - Aug 1 with 626 viewsjaykay

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:58 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

I think he preferred to keep those private conversations private.

so you dont know, you just guessing

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:06 - Aug 1 with 625 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 16:28 - Aug 1 by Keaneish

To what end though? Another 6 or 7 years of an MM / ME type of partnership where we stagnate and paper over the cracks because that's what ME afforded us?

I agree with many that the size of the task is a complete rebuild. I find it difficult to see how we could have taken the same approach and maintain Championship status ie: clearing out the large squad, getting the right squad balance, blooding lots of youth, balancing the wage bill, making ME wake up etc. It seems to have taken a large financial hit and PL's words for our owner to even have a proper player contract strategy in place!

It's rotten and needs tearing down / rebuilding. Fingers crossed that PL's vision will be backed by ME in the right way despite the huge cash deficit and ignominy of dropping into League One. Only time will tell if the green shoots of recovery are there or not.

The absolute heart of the club was being stripped away. People who haven't missed a game for 50 years weren't turning up. People were bored out of their brains.

I don't give a f*** that we went down because perversely it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

ITFC under Mick ended up like someone in a relationship with someone who had plenty of money but literally destroyed your very soul and made you regret waking up.

ITFC now is someone without a pot to p*** in but who is free of that old life and able to shape their own destiny.

Mick was killing this football club. What Evans gave him to progress it with may have meant that anyone would, but all the things about Mick that made him perfect for us originally were what ultimately made him very bad for us as time progressed.

Next Saturday we could have over 20,000 people rocking Portman Road, genuinely hopeful about a season. Two years ago we were a division higher with 8,000 people turning up (out of 12,000 people who had paid!) to sit there utterly bored.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024