Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? 07:03 - Aug 1 with 11571 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 574 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:04 - Aug 1 by jaykay

so you dont know, you just guessing

As are you. But I'd imagine he did challenge ME but did so in their private conversations rather than in public.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:09 - Aug 1 with 567 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 15:09 - Aug 1 by haynes_toe1

The only one looking silly is you.

The point being made is very simple.

Some posters are refusing any criticism to be labelled at Lambert because it was 'impossible' to keep us up.

The argument is, if it was impossible, and Lambert thought so too, then our focus should have been on players for now, not wasted on loans.

If Lambert believed it was possible and signed those players to keep us up then by definition he failed spectacularly both in recruitment and in results.

It was possible. It was also likely we'd go down, whoever was in charge. It's not, by definition, a spectacular failure if that then comes to pass.

It's not that black and white. Unless you think the only two options are amazing success and spectacular failure.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:16 - Aug 1 with 553 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:06 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The absolute heart of the club was being stripped away. People who haven't missed a game for 50 years weren't turning up. People were bored out of their brains.

I don't give a f*** that we went down because perversely it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

ITFC under Mick ended up like someone in a relationship with someone who had plenty of money but literally destroyed your very soul and made you regret waking up.

ITFC now is someone without a pot to p*** in but who is free of that old life and able to shape their own destiny.

Mick was killing this football club. What Evans gave him to progress it with may have meant that anyone would, but all the things about Mick that made him perfect for us originally were what ultimately made him very bad for us as time progressed.

Next Saturday we could have over 20,000 people rocking Portman Road, genuinely hopeful about a season. Two years ago we were a division higher with 8,000 people turning up (out of 12,000 people who had paid!) to sit there utterly bored.

Well said.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:26 - Aug 1 with 538 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:09 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

It was possible. It was also likely we'd go down, whoever was in charge. It's not, by definition, a spectacular failure if that then comes to pass.

It's not that black and white. Unless you think the only two options are amazing success and spectacular failure.

I said he failed miserably as we finished bottom,13 points away from safety and were relegated with a month to spare
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 17:37]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:27 - Aug 1 with 532 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:06 - Aug 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The absolute heart of the club was being stripped away. People who haven't missed a game for 50 years weren't turning up. People were bored out of their brains.

I don't give a f*** that we went down because perversely it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

ITFC under Mick ended up like someone in a relationship with someone who had plenty of money but literally destroyed your very soul and made you regret waking up.

ITFC now is someone without a pot to p*** in but who is free of that old life and able to shape their own destiny.

Mick was killing this football club. What Evans gave him to progress it with may have meant that anyone would, but all the things about Mick that made him perfect for us originally were what ultimately made him very bad for us as time progressed.

Next Saturday we could have over 20,000 people rocking Portman Road, genuinely hopeful about a season. Two years ago we were a division higher with 8,000 people turning up (out of 12,000 people who had paid!) to sit there utterly bored.

We have hope that we might have a good season because we’re in the third division...

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:31 - Aug 1 with 526 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:16 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Well said.

Not well said at all. Anyone thinking this is a fantasist:

"it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

Thanks to this relegation we are now further away from being competitive in the Championship than ever before. Even if we get back up to the Championship we will be even further behind the competition. This relegation has royally fücked us, and with their promotion Norwich are out of sight. East Anglia is well on the way to being a one club region.

Being relegated has as good as killed any hope we ever had of being a Premier League team again. So no. Not well said IMO.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 17:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:36 - Aug 1 with 521 viewsjudespiveyg

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:31 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

"it's given us hope for the first time in years, hope that we might have a good season and hope that next season we might be even better placed than we were last year.

Thanks to this relegation we are now further away from being competitive in the Championship than ever before. Even if we get back up to the Championship we will be even further behind the competition. This relegation has royally fücked us, and with their promotion Norwich are out of sight. East Anglia is well on the way to being a one club region.

Being relegated has as good as killed any hope we ever had of being a Premier League team again. So no. Not well said IMO.

Yes, because relegation to League One really stopped Southampton, Sheffield United, Wolves and, er, Norwich from ever being able to return to the Premiership, it does indeed work like how you've described.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:42 - Aug 1 with 502 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:36 - Aug 1 by judespiveyg

Yes, because relegation to League One really stopped Southampton, Sheffield United, Wolves and, er, Norwich from ever being able to return to the Premiership, it does indeed work like how you've described.

You do realise the difference in funding levels between us and them right? Don't be obtuse.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:46 - Aug 1 with 503 viewsjudespiveyg

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:42 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

You do realise the difference in funding levels between us and them right? Don't be obtuse.

At the time Southampton were in administration, and Norwich's owners have peanuts comparatively, so I don't agree.
If by 'being competitive in the Championship' means finishing 12th every year then I'm not sure that sounds that attractive a prospect.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:51 - Aug 1 with 498 viewsMach_foreignBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:46 - Aug 1 by judespiveyg

At the time Southampton were in administration, and Norwich's owners have peanuts comparatively, so I don't agree.
If by 'being competitive in the Championship' means finishing 12th every year then I'm not sure that sounds that attractive a prospect.

Norwich had a powerful and ruthless CEO in David McNally who took the club up from its knees. There was a real desire and determination to come back up.

Nothing like that at Ipswich. Just a hope.
What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:55 - Aug 1 with 485 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:46 - Aug 1 by judespiveyg

If you don't understand the dire straits we are in then there's no hope. Time will prove me correct though, I'm quite comfortable with that.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:59 - Aug 1 with 487 viewsjudespiveyg

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:55 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

If you don't understand the dire straits we are in then there's no hope. Time will prove me correct though, I'm quite comfortable with that.

How are we in 'dire straights'? I appreciate that there's not a huge amount of funds coming from the owner but we're in a pretty good position to mount a promotion challenge. It's not even as if the club is making huge financial losses comparatively, and sell on fees and reduction in squad size should make up for the shortfall of not being in the Championship.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:59 - Aug 1 with 484 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:36 - Aug 1 by judespiveyg

That's four sides out of thirty in the last decade that have managed to get back to the Prem and all of them had been in the Prem more recently than us. Plus Wolves spent like a mid table Prem side to get back up.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:03 - Aug 1 with 469 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:26 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I said he failed miserably as we finished bottom,13 points away from safety and were relegated with a month to spare
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 17:37]

I know what you said, I wasn't talking to you. Unless you have an alt login.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:05 - Aug 1 with 463 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:31 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

I disagree. Several teams have gone down and bounced back stronger... the momentum of having a winning mentality playing a part in that.

There's always hope Sprucey-man!

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:07 - Aug 1 with 461 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:05 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

I disagree. Several teams have gone down and bounced back stronger... the momentum of having a winning mentality playing a part in that.

More have become yo-yo sides though.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:08 - Aug 1 with 451 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 17:51 - Aug 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Norwich had a powerful and ruthless CEO in David McNally who took the club up from its knees. There was a real desire and determination to come back up.

Nothing like that at Ipswich. Just a hope.

These are just meaningless words. In what way was he powerful? In what way did they have more desire than any other team?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:08 - Aug 1 with 448 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:03 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

I know what you said, I wasn't talking to you. Unless you have an alt login.

Apologies, thought this was in response to my post however I would assume that posters comment was in a similar vein

Not sure you’re best placed to be suggesting alt logins either Spaceduck/Nasty Cat/Adolf Kitler...

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:09 - Aug 1 with 447 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:05 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Back in the championship with a smaller budget than last year...

Great.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:11 - Aug 1 with 443 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:07 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

More have become yo-yo sides though.

I shrug in your general direction. Coming back stronger is achievable. There's simply no denying that.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:15 - Aug 1 with 438 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:08 - Aug 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Apologies, thought this was in response to my post however I would assume that posters comment was in a similar vein

Not sure you’re best placed to be suggesting alt logins either Spaceduck/Nasty Cat/Adolf Kitler...

I didn't say it was a bad thing, was just wondering.
These were, what 10/15 years ago?! Let it go man!

And Adolf Kitler wasn't/isn't me. The other two were. I also had Ghostofbenters but only posted once before deciding it wasn't very funny.

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:16 - Aug 1 with 434 viewsBrixtonBlue

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:09 - Aug 1 by SpruceMoose

Back in the championship with a smaller budget than last year...

Great.

Wow, you know what the budget will be for next year?!

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:17 - Aug 1 with 429 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:16 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Wow, you know what the budget will be for next year?!

You think it'll be bigger than last year?

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:18 - Aug 1 with 426 viewsSpruceMoose

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:11 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

I shrug in your general direction. Coming back stronger is achievable. There's simply no denying that.

You're dealing in hope while others are dealing in reality. I envy your outlook honestly! Anyway, time will tell and I'd love to be wrong!

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:20 - Aug 1 with 424 viewsHerbivore

What do we make of this interview with Lambert then? on 18:11 - Aug 1 by BrixtonBlue

Something being achievable and something being likely are two very different things. Me winning the lottery is achievable, but sadly it is also unlikely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024