Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Ashes day everyone! 08:19 - Aug 1 with 1351 viewsHerbivore

Predictions for today and for the series?

I'm not feeling all that confident to be honest. Both sides have excellent bowling attacks but I think Warner and Smith are likely to get more runs than Root and ?????. I think ultimately that will end up being the difference. 3-1 to Australia with them taking a narrow win in a low scoring first test.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:23 - Aug 1 with 969 viewshampstead_blue

A low scoring series.
300 will be a good total.

Would love to see Cook and Gooch walk out to bat at 1055 this morning

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:23 - Aug 1 with 968 viewsportmantales

England will win at Edgbaston, it is our Brisbane and Australia are not so superior as to break that fortress.

Lords and Oval will be Australian wins.

Just leaves Headingly and Old Trafford as the unknowns.

For me the series comes down to the form of Roy, Root and Ali. Thanks to the World Cup win I have to back Roy to see us through to competitive totals therefore England to win 3-2.

Bowling is going to be carnage from both sides, wouldn't be surprised to see 325 as a maximum innings score for the series and no game to reach a 4th day*.

*Although in the world cup we all expected 400 scoring slog fests and the opposite happened, so expect high scoring 5 day classics!

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:25 - Aug 1 with 967 viewsReuser_is_God

3-2 England.

Also share your concerns with the batting but I think Stokes & Buttler will step up for us.

Their best batsmen are better than our best batsmen but our poorer batsmen are better than their poorer batsmen.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:35 - Aug 1 with 949 viewsBigManBlue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:25 - Aug 1 by Reuser_is_God

3-2 England.

Also share your concerns with the batting but I think Stokes & Buttler will step up for us.

Their best batsmen are better than our best batsmen but our poorer batsmen are better than their poorer batsmen.

3-2, which way too tight to call. Can't see any going to five days.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:12 - Aug 1 with 918 viewsRadlett_blue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:23 - Aug 1 by hampstead_blue

A low scoring series.
300 will be a good total.

Would love to see Cook and Gooch walk out to bat at 1055 this morning

Yes, unless rain intervenes, I don't think there will be many draws and the series is likely to be won by the side which collapses less often and has a better reserve of seam bowlers, with 5 Tests crammed into 6 weeks. 3-2 England (I hope).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:44 - Aug 1 with 888 viewsSteve_M

Similar to the rest of you, both sides are reliant on a few batsmen for runs and both attacks will take plenty of wickets.

It will come down to a couple of key sessions I imagine. Also worth nothing that the 5th Test is ridiculously late so the weather could have an impact.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:53 - Aug 1 with 877 viewsBluefish

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:44 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

Similar to the rest of you, both sides are reliant on a few batsmen for runs and both attacks will take plenty of wickets.

It will come down to a couple of key sessions I imagine. Also worth nothing that the 5th Test is ridiculously late so the weather could have an impact.

I think a lot will come down to Ali. If he can perform with bat and ball as he has in previous tests we will be fine. If he bats like the world cup and doesn't take wickets we are in trouble

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:55 - Aug 1 with 868 viewsitfcjoe

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:53 - Aug 1 by Bluefish

I think a lot will come down to Ali. If he can perform with bat and ball as he has in previous tests we will be fine. If he bats like the world cup and doesn't take wickets we are in trouble

He can't bat any more, he has been hopeless for some time - his average in the last 18 months can't be much more than single figures

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:56 - Aug 1 with 860 viewsgainsboroughblue

I haven't got a good feeling about this series tbh. I can see us being 30-3 a lot and we can't rely on our middle lower order bailing us out time and time again.

4-1 Aus.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:58 - Aug 1 with 857 viewsReuser_is_God

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:53 - Aug 1 by Bluefish

I'm not sure it will to be honest, this series will be massively dominated by seamers.

Evans out

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 10:00 - Aug 1 with 850 viewsBluefish

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 09:58 - Aug 1 by Reuser_is_God

I'm not sure it will to be honest, this series will be massively dominated by seamers.

I can't wait! I better start planning my work calendar carefully. 1st day at headingley for me. 3 weeks to wait

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 10:37 - Aug 1 with 824 viewsReuser_is_God

Bowling.

5 down at lunch.

Evans out

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 10:47 - Aug 1 with 804 viewsHeathlander

Unfortunately I see the Aussies winning the Ashes. 3-1 with one draw. I think our top order batting is poor. Let's hope i'm wrong. Then again as a supporter of ITFC and England I am usually resigned to defeat and anything else is a bonus.
Happy Ashes day everyone! on 10:49 - Aug 1 with 802 viewsElephantintheRoom

You're forgetting the aussies are completely unprepared for this series as are any touring team nowadays. It'll be three tests in before they are up and running. And the only way any of the matches will go beyond the 4th day is if the weather intervenese. Which it will. Oh and the absurdity of debasing the umpire via silly replays will be much in evidence. Again.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 10:53 - Aug 1 with 797 viewsgiant_stow

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 08:23 - Aug 1 by portmantales

England will win at Edgbaston, it is our Brisbane and Australia are not so superior as to break that fortress.

Lords and Oval will be Australian wins.

Just leaves Headingly and Old Trafford as the unknowns.

For me the series comes down to the form of Roy, Root and Ali. Thanks to the World Cup win I have to back Roy to see us through to competitive totals therefore England to win 3-2.

Bowling is going to be carnage from both sides, wouldn't be surprised to see 325 as a maximum innings score for the series and no game to reach a 4th day*.

*Although in the world cup we all expected 400 scoring slog fests and the opposite happened, so expect high scoring 5 day classics!

that would be a shame as i have a ticket for the 4th day of the next game. i'll make other plans.

Edit: just looked at the teams (i'm not a proper cricket fan) and hardly recognise any of our batsman's names!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 10:56]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:01 - Aug 1 with 778 viewsReuser_is_God

CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT

Great reception for the Aussies.

Evans out

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:07 - Aug 1 with 758 viewsCoastalblue

I think it will be another of those series where the side winning the test will thrash the other, wouldn't be surprised to see both sides win by an innings at least once.

It would be nice to get the Root back from a while ago when he looked steady and assured and was less likely to go chasing down the wicket at balls.

I have no idea of the final outcome, could be a draw, could be 3-1 either way, I really have no idea.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:09 - Aug 1 with 751 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Really don't get why we didn't review that one. Can only assume they thought he had hit the ground.

Also why are the players wearing names and numbers on their shirts but not their jumpers? What's the point? If they are needed, why not on the jumpers too?

Are the Aussies using some sort of squad numbering or are they special numbers for those two?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:11 - Aug 1 with 744 viewsCoastalblue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:09 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Really don't get why we didn't review that one. Can only assume they thought he had hit the ground.

Also why are the players wearing names and numbers on their shirts but not their jumpers? What's the point? If they are needed, why not on the jumpers too?

Are the Aussies using some sort of squad numbering or are they special numbers for those two?

I think the names and numbers are for matches being counted in the new test world championship.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:16 - Aug 1 with 730 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:11 - Aug 1 by Coastalblue

I think the names and numbers are for matches being counted in the new test world championship.

There is a squad numbering system I guess. Still don't understand why they are not on jumpers too. Maybe few other countries regularly need players wearing them.

Got those reviews the wrong round. Grr!

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:18 - Aug 1 with 723 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Got him this time!

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:19 - Aug 1 with 721 viewsSteve_M

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:09 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

And then waste a review on an optimistic LBW shout. Can see why they didn't on this one though, only Bairstow was up for it.

Warner's gone.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:20 - Aug 1 with 717 viewsStokieBlue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:19 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

And then waste a review on an optimistic LBW shout. Can see why they didn't on this one though, only Bairstow was up for it.

Warner's gone.

Lovely stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:20 - Aug 1 with 715 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:18 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Got him this time!

1-1 on failing to take the reviews then!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 11:21]

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:23 - Aug 1 with 696 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Happy Ashes day everyone! on 11:19 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

Warner's gone.

Only Bairstow was up for it but it looked so obvious. If they had said to Bairstow, "didn't he hit the ground?" and he had said "no", surely they should have then reviewed. That's all I can imagine Broad and the umpire thought.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024