Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... 12:12 - Aug 1 with 3015 viewsKieran_Knows

.. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/big-interview-luke-chambers-on-mccarthy-frustration

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm amazed that the EADT.... on 12:16 - Aug 1 with 2503 viewsBloots

....has left the "industrial" language in.

Also, it's as if Paul Hurst never happened.

Mick Out!

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:16 - Aug 1 with 2507 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Without having read the article, I suspect the headline is slightly misrepresentative.

I think Chambers understood full well why that was MM's approach but is now saying it will be refreshing for the boot to be on the other foot.

It should be. That is one of the few advantages of relegation. Bringing through our own youngsters in our own team at a more appropriate level should be another too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:16 - Aug 1 with 2488 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Amazed that EADT printed the word f*cking in full...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Footballers will say whatever..... on 12:17 - Aug 1 with 2479 viewsBloots

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:16 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Without having read the article, I suspect the headline is slightly misrepresentative.

I think Chambers understood full well why that was MM's approach but is now saying it will be refreshing for the boot to be on the other foot.

It should be. That is one of the few advantages of relegation. Bringing through our own youngsters in our own team at a more appropriate level should be another too.

.....they think their current boss wants them to say.

Apart from when it comes to Paul Hurst, who never existed.

I'm amazed that the EADT.... on 12:17 - Aug 1 with 2478 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm amazed that the EADT.... on 12:16 - Aug 1 by Bloots

....has left the "industrial" language in.

Also, it's as if Paul Hurst never happened.

Mick Out!

Agreed re the language.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Footballers will say whatever..... on 12:18 - Aug 1 with 2454 viewsReuser_is_God

Footballers will say whatever..... on 12:17 - Aug 1 by Bloots

.....they think their current boss wants them to say.

Apart from when it comes to Paul Hurst, who never existed.

In defence of Chambers he said a fair bit re Hurst when he was first sacked & it seems from this interview he didn't want to go over old ground.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:19 - Aug 1 with 2431 viewsSuperblue95

Well, that was unexpected!

In other news I f*cking love Chambo

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:19 - Aug 1 with 2441 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

People can criticise the guys football, and in some cases rightly so.

As a leader and a person he is an absolute legend. He just gets it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Agreed, but the whole..... on 12:20 - Aug 1 with 2422 viewsBloots

Footballers will say whatever..... on 12:18 - Aug 1 by Reuser_is_God

In defence of Chambers he said a fair bit re Hurst when he was first sacked & it seems from this interview he didn't want to go over old ground.

....fiasco is being swept under the carpet.

In Germany..... on 12:21 - Aug 1 with 2415 viewsBloots

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:19 - Aug 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

People can criticise the guys football, and in some cases rightly so.

As a leader and a person he is an absolute legend. He just gets it.

...I'd had a few, in fact I'd had a lot.

I asked him if "everything would be alright next season".

He said it would and gave me a little cuddle.

True story.

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:21 - Aug 1 with 2397 viewsSitfcB

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:16 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe you should read it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:23 - Aug 1 with 2368 viewsN2_Blue

Wow that interview... Great stuff! With that attitude I would happily have him manage us at some point in his managerial career if that's the path he takes. Enjoy winning, not the fear of losing, the complete opposite of the managerial attitude that we have endured for years.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:24 - Aug 1 with 2361 viewsBlueySwede

Don´t think Chambers is blaming McCarthy specifically, rather the clubs general approach/Evans lack of investment that led to a general feeling that the team had to scrap, fight for a point instead of going for the win, etc.
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:24 - Aug 1 with 2348 viewsdirtyboy

Interesting how much he thinks of Huws...best by a country mile...
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:26 - Aug 1 with 2323 viewsOwainG1992

Very good honest interview.
As people mention you'd think Hurst never was here.
I would say I think Hursts signings are gonna be some of our most important players this year ironically.
(Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson etc)

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:27 - Aug 1 with 2309 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:21 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Maybe you should read it.

Fair enough, the article does read that way too. Very surprised that someone who sounded very supportive of MM at the time, sounded critical of Hurst while he was here has now come out with this.

"You should enjoy winning, but there's not one player who has been at this football club for the last three, four years who has enjoyed winning."

His fist pumps have clearly been very artificial then too.

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:27 - Aug 1 with 2303 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:24 - Aug 1 by dirtyboy

Interesting how much he thinks of Huws...best by a country mile...

Massively agree with this....

....but I cant see him being consistently fit..... I sooooo hope I am wrong!!

[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 12:38]

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:31 - Aug 1 with 2255 viewsmonty_radio

Don't think the "understanding full well" why Mick was caution first and last is there in that interview. Rather, he talks about being glad to be set up first and foremost to win. And his warmth towards how PL is moulding them to go for the win clearly implies he didn't like playing under others who didn't.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:32 - Aug 1 with 2240 viewsFixed_It

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:24 - Aug 1 by BlueySwede

Don´t think Chambers is blaming McCarthy specifically, rather the clubs general approach/Evans lack of investment that led to a general feeling that the team had to scrap, fight for a point instead of going for the win, etc.

If you really want to see this as an anti-Evans article then so he it. To me it is clearly a reflection on what we became under Mick's philosophy.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:32 - Aug 1 with 2239 viewsitfcjoe

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:27 - Aug 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair enough, the article does read that way too. Very surprised that someone who sounded very supportive of MM at the time, sounded critical of Hurst while he was here has now come out with this.

"You should enjoy winning, but there's not one player who has been at this football club for the last three, four years who has enjoyed winning."

His fist pumps have clearly been very artificial then too.

He literally explains why that isn't the case - that it is because you couldn't enjoy the wins - it was back in then on to the next one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:44 - Aug 1 with 2104 viewshaynes_toe1

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:32 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

He literally explains why that isn't the case - that it is because you couldn't enjoy the wins - it was back in then on to the next one

But that the case of any club that has any sort of aspirations. Yes, we've won the game but not achieved anything yet. Onto the next one. If you're lucky you get to enjoy the reward at the end which could be promotion.

I imagine with this team in League One Mick would get us winning the league.
Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:58 - Aug 1 with 1977 viewsmonty_radio

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:44 - Aug 1 by haynes_toe1

But that the case of any club that has any sort of aspirations. Yes, we've won the game but not achieved anything yet. Onto the next one. If you're lucky you get to enjoy the reward at the end which could be promotion.

I imagine with this team in League One Mick would get us winning the league.

Imagination is a wonderful tool - but, then again, they're no mugs, that Accrington Stanley/ Southend/Bury etc

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:59 - Aug 1 with 1958 viewsSuperblue95

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:58 - Aug 1 by monty_radio

Imagination is a wonderful tool - but, then again, they're no mugs, that Accrington Stanley/ Southend/Bury etc

Bury and Bolton will be pushing for the Play Offs and are in a false position currently

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:59 - Aug 1 with 1959 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 12:32 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

The context as I read it, was that he did not enjoy being set up so negatively.

It does read very much as if he is willing to say whatever he thinks will garner favour with his current manager … and yet he didn't seem able to bring himself to do that with Hurst in his time. Perhaps that says a lot about how toxic the atmosphere was with the players then. Perhaps if that atmosphere is better now, we will improve now.

I wonder how Nsiala and Nolan who followed Hurst here feel about it all.

Chambers not holding back on Mick McCarthy... on 13:01 - Aug 1 with 1932 viewsTractorCam

Amazing.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024