Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert's missed a trick 13:00 - Aug 1 with 761 viewsWestcountryblue

Personally, i would've liked to have seen Lambert sign a good right.

I'd be quite happy with Chamo, Nsiala, Woolfenden and Donancien as a 4th choice CB/cover at RB.

However, with big question marks over Emmanuel and Donacien, i think we could've shuffled Janoi across and brought in a good right back. The diamond system that PL likes to play relies heavily on good quality full backs who can get up and down the line and offer quality in the opposition half. I'm not too sure Donacien has that in his locker. His strength lies in his versatility and defensive capabilities.

I'm delighted with Norwood, Garbutt, Holy and Norris is a great keeper, but i'd have been happy promoting Wright, shuffling Donancien across as a 4th CB and investing good funds in a quality RB which has been a problem area going all the way back to David Wright's departure.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 13:02]
Lambert's missed a trick on 13:13 - Aug 1 with 709 viewsLKW15

we were linked to Nathan Thompson who left portsmouth earlier in the summer on a free.He has just been released by bristol city after a trial. I would take him in a heartbeat at this level and he would immediately be our first choice right back. I imagine he will end up at a lower end championship club though
Lambert's missed a trick on 13:17 - Aug 1 with 686 viewsHerbivore

If Webster goes and we get another chunk of money I would be interested to see whether that helps to get a couple of deals over the line. The cuts made and fees received thus far should balance the books, another £1.5m could potentially enable a bit more leeway in the transfer market.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert's missed a trick on 13:20 - Aug 1 with 669 viewsWestcountryblue

Lambert's missed a trick on 13:17 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

If Webster goes and we get another chunk of money I would be interested to see whether that helps to get a couple of deals over the line. The cuts made and fees received thus far should balance the books, another £1.5m could potentially enable a bit more leeway in the transfer market.

Fingers crossed.

Wilson won't offer any ''real'' competition to the starting line up.

It reminds me of letting John McGreal or Thomas Gaardsoe go and bringing in Drissa Diallo and George Santos.

Not overly impressed to be honest as i think players should only be brought in, who have the scope to offer genuine competition to our starting 11. Wilson won't and shuffling Donacien across and promoting Wright was a way of investing good funds into a quality right back, which is an integral position to the system we are trying to play.
Lambert's missed a trick on 14:00 - Aug 1 with 565 viewsGirthyguy

Lambert's missed a trick on 13:17 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Don't be daft. Evans is a C..T
Lambert's missed a trick on 14:26 - Aug 1 with 526 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024