Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I bloody love Luke Chambers 13:08 - Aug 1 with 1224 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The guy took a monumental amount of stick at times last season when he could have easily sat on the sidelines for months.

He played poorly through injury, his mum having cancer, broke his wrist and other off the field issues. gave his absolute all and was the one having to basically try to put the whole club back together on his own until Lambert came in.

Write him off at your peril. I reckon he's going to be an absolute warrior this season and come May everyone will be singing his praises.

The way the game is going, he may be the one of the last players that we ever have who literally bleeds blue and white.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 1149 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I am completely with you on this - we're lucky to have him!

His interview is rather insightful and his love for the club is unparalleled. A proper leader, both on and off the pitch!

Looking forward to seeing him back at the heart of our defence soon!
I bloody love Luke Chambers on 18:40 - Aug 1 with 1048 viewscambblue

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 13:50 - Aug 1 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I am completely with you on this - we're lucky to have him!

His interview is rather insightful and his love for the club is unparalleled. A proper leader, both on and off the pitch!

Looking forward to seeing him back at the heart of our defence soon!

Could not agree more. In the wider context of the state of football (lack of loyalty, greed, interfering agents, short-termism by players) he is an unbelievable person and captain.

We should have more flags and things dedicated to him around the ground on match day.

I know Chelsea had a JT banner up for years. We really should have more for him. I think he'll be the nucleus to drive us to success this year.
I bloody love Luke Chambers on 18:43 - Aug 1 with 1039 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Good post

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 18:45 - Aug 1 with 1035 viewsbraveblue

Respect your opinion but afraid I think he has gone well past his best. Think he may struggle to hold his place this year albeit with the lack of any investment there may be little competition.
I bloody love Luke Chambers on 18:50 - Aug 1 with 1018 viewsChateauWines

Totally agree, the last few seasons have been amongst the worst in clubs history and Chambo has been skipper through that. Terrible management at many levels see us where we now are. Chambo possibly needed dropping last season but who was there in the wings? He bleeds blue and white. Hope to shake his hand when he is amongst us at Burton

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 18:53 - Aug 1 with 1011 viewsitfcbam

Bang on. Many of his 'errors' last season were where he got caught as a result off trying to repair mistakes off others. e.g. Kenlock getting frequently out of position. Yes he made mistakes of his own as well but then again everybody did. Am sure he will give his all this season. Spoke to him last week at the open day and a really top bloke, went out of his way for photos with my kids, he is looking forward to the challenge and leading us back into the championship. Here's hoping for many a fist pump next season.
I bloody love Luke Chambers on 19:02 - Aug 1 with 991 viewsCoastalblue

He found a home with us and we should welcome him to stay with us here as long as he wants to, you're right, not sure we'll see many more like him.

However, he is the sort of character who would probably appreciate the decision being made for him when he's not able to do it any more and I fear that might not be too far away.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 19:12 - Aug 1 with 969 viewscambblue

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 18:45 - Aug 1 by braveblue

Respect your opinion but afraid I think he has gone well past his best. Think he may struggle to hold his place this year albeit with the lack of any investment there may be little competition.

I think you gravely underestimate his fight and who he is as a person.

The EADT articles have been eye opening re what he has gone through that affected his level of performance. You'll see Chambo V2 this year.

I honestly think he'll be up there in top 3 best performers this year.

There's a fire been lit in him again. Don't underestimate him.
Login to get fewer ads

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 08:21 - Aug 2 with 774 viewsatlanticblue

I bloody love Luke Chambers on 19:12 - Aug 1 by cambblue

I think you gravely underestimate his fight and who he is as a person.

The EADT articles have been eye opening re what he has gone through that affected his level of performance. You'll see Chambo V2 this year.

I honestly think he'll be up there in top 3 best performers this year.

There's a fire been lit in him again. Don't underestimate him.

So in summary a loyal motivated cart horse.
I bloody love Luke Chambers on 08:53 - Aug 2 with 706 viewsBigManBlue

Chambo, to my mind, is a real club hero. I hope him (and Skuse) stay well beyond the end of their playing days and keep contributing to the club and the community.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024