Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! 13:32 - Aug 1 with 2322 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Wigan set to make a £2.5m bid for Kieffer Moore!

So that's Webster, Clarke and Mings already.

Can't be more than 10% of Moore surely and there won't bet anything due to his former club. So if correct, that's another £117,500 coming into the club, which all helps.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:38 - Aug 1 with 2269 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wish someone would throw in a Lazio friendly, just to spice things up a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:44 - Aug 1 with 2234 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:38 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

I wish someone would throw in a Lazio friendly, just to spice things up a bit.

WHen is this pencilled in for?
Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:45 - Aug 1 with 2225 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:44 - Aug 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

WHen is this pencilled in for?

Around 2101. The 100th anniversary of Sereni's move.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 2188 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:55 - Aug 1 with 2157 viewsGirthyguy

Brilliant more money that WON'T be invested where it needs to be.
Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 14:45 - Aug 1 with 2060 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:55 - Aug 1 by Girthyguy

Brilliant more money that WON'T be invested where it needs to be.

You mean putting it in to keeping the club running isn't where it needs to be?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 16:12 - Aug 1 with 1956 viewsSwansea_Blue

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 13:50 - Aug 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

"spruce up"

Maybe a few of these on the walls of Legends lounge?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 18:51 - Aug 1 with 1787 viewsbraveblue

Helps what?
Login to get fewer ads

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 19:00 - Aug 1 with 1753 viewsMullet

Imagine having players worth £2.5 - 20m here now though. The sell on stuff only compounds our fall, and if we don't reinvest it for Lambert in quality additions what good are they any way?

Pompey are tipped to win the league and are spending the bottom end of that, we couldn't even manage it in the Championship this decade could we? So the question is what are we doing, and how do we envision competing?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 21:08 - Aug 1 with 1657 viewsgazzer1999

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 16:12 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

"spruce up"

Maybe a few of these on the walls of Legends lounge?

I thought he spent most of his time on the general forum.
Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 22:54 - Aug 1 with 1520 viewsGirthyguy

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 14:45 - Aug 1 by JammyDodgerrr

You mean putting it in to keeping the club running isn't where it needs to be?

Rubbish. How is effectively throwing money away going to help. It will marginally soften the financial blow. We released players got some higher earners off the book players wages reduced due to relagation. I bet Evans will only be losing 2-4 million more than he apparently already does this season without these bonus add ons. I'm not saying spending it will garentee anything but strengthening our weak areas like defence is a must and we have the opportunity to give ourself the best chance. Just bizarre in my opinion as this will be our best and probably only decent chance of bouncing back straight away.
Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 23:52 - Aug 1 with 1432 viewsJ2BLUE

Forest Green had a sell on percentage. I think it was 10%.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 00:16 - Aug 2 with 1408 viewsjeera

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 22:54 - Aug 1 by Girthyguy

Rubbish. How is effectively throwing money away going to help. It will marginally soften the financial blow. We released players got some higher earners off the book players wages reduced due to relagation. I bet Evans will only be losing 2-4 million more than he apparently already does this season without these bonus add ons. I'm not saying spending it will garentee anything but strengthening our weak areas like defence is a must and we have the opportunity to give ourself the best chance. Just bizarre in my opinion as this will be our best and probably only decent chance of bouncing back straight away.

Well no, it's not rubbish, he's perfectly right in what he says and it's a valid point that's been made a trillion times.

However, as you [and lots of people] also rightly point out, how the hell is the club going to ever progress without proper input?

You'd think as ME seems to have been pretty steadfast in his budgeting each year that he'd accept a set loss and allow his managers to reinvest directly into their squads any 'extra' money that is made via player sales, i.e money from sell-ons.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 00:24 - Aug 2 with 1390 viewsCoastalblue

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 00:16 - Aug 2 by jeera

Well no, it's not rubbish, he's perfectly right in what he says and it's a valid point that's been made a trillion times.

However, as you [and lots of people] also rightly point out, how the hell is the club going to ever progress without proper input?

You'd think as ME seems to have been pretty steadfast in his budgeting each year that he'd accept a set loss and allow his managers to reinvest directly into their squads any 'extra' money that is made via player sales, i.e money from sell-ons.

I do think for me that's probably the most frustrating thing. I do appreciate what ME sticks in, and will often support him for that, but it might be nice if he were to think
'OK it's going to cost me £5M a year or whatever to keep the Club running but I'll commit to that and then if the manager can raise funds over that then he can invest them'

I can also understand why he doesn't.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 05:44 - Aug 2 with 1284 viewsKeaneish

What’s the total at now? £3m - ish? Well done to MM, Symonds and Maybe Milne for getting those deals in place. Softens the blow for ME a little.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 07:39 - Aug 2 with 1129 viewsPhilTWTD

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 05:44 - Aug 2 by Keaneish

What’s the total at now? £3m - ish? Well done to MM, Symonds and Maybe Milne for getting those deals in place. Softens the blow for ME a little.

It would have been ME himself to the greatest extent, Milne and Symonds neer had any involvement in transfer stuff.
Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 07:53 - Aug 2 with 1086 viewsHerbivore

Surely Barnsley won't accept that? He was their top scorer last season and that's not huge money to sell your top scorer to a rival club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 965 viewsKeaneish

Choo Choo! All aboard the Sell-On train! on 07:39 - Aug 2 by PhilTWTD

It would have been ME himself to the greatest extent, Milne and Symonds neer had any involvement in transfer stuff.

Interesting. Surprised in one respect but then not in another. Any idea how much we're due in total?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024