Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Marcus Evans... 14:55 - Aug 1 with 1405 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 14:56 - Aug 1 with 1163 viewsWD19

Weep.
If you were Marcus Evans... on 14:58 - Aug 1 with 1161 viewsElderGrizzly

An extra £2m would make no difference in the Championship. Put a 0 on it and yes...
If you were Marcus Evans... on 14:59 - Aug 1 with 1144 viewsKieran_Knows

Put some money in to building an infrastructure (as PL says), which in turn mean we might be less reliant on him to put money in each year just to keep us afloat. I keep saying it, and whilst I appreciate they both don't have the best success on the pitch (in terms of promotions etc), but I feel Brentford and Peterborough have good models in place (and I have no idea if this is true or not), but it doesn't look like they are reliant on their owners to keep them afloat. Yes, they tend to sell the first player at the sign of any decent money being offered, but that then gets reinvested and they go again.

All Evans is doing is praying for a miracle.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:00 - Aug 1 with 1134 viewsJ2BLUE

Depends what the offers he has received for the club were like. I'd like to think i'd be sensible enough to give the club away for free if it was costing me millions per year and there was virtually zero chance of getting to the Prem with the current level of funding.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:00 - Aug 1 with 1139 viewsdirtyboy

£2m is a shed load of money.

I think, if I were ME, I would say to the manager, chair etc "this is how much money I have spare this year to throw at my ridiculously expensive hobby, funding half of the club with my money to top up what the fans put in from ticket sales, do what you can, but that's it, nothing else, nada, I've spent £80m or whatever and I don't have that kind of spare cash anymore, best of luck"

Question
Can ME really 'afford' to run the club each year? I bet he's not happy losing even a million each year... I know I wouldn't.

Everyone assumes he's doing the bare minimum, where it's possible he's actually doing everything he possibly can financially, no-one knows.
If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:01 - Aug 1 with 1131 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If you were Marcus Evans... on 14:58 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

An extra £2m would make no difference in the Championship. Put a 0 on it and yes...

I think the question posed by the OP was fair...

....and I think your answer summarises the problem very accurately.

Who would own a football club eh...?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:07 - Aug 1 with 1094 viewsBryanPlug

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:00 - Aug 1 by dirtyboy

£2m is a shed load of money.

I think, if I were ME, I would say to the manager, chair etc "this is how much money I have spare this year to throw at my ridiculously expensive hobby, funding half of the club with my money to top up what the fans put in from ticket sales, do what you can, but that's it, nothing else, nada, I've spent £80m or whatever and I don't have that kind of spare cash anymore, best of luck"

Question
Can ME really 'afford' to run the club each year? I bet he's not happy losing even a million each year... I know I wouldn't.

Everyone assumes he's doing the bare minimum, where it's possible he's actually doing everything he possibly can financially, no-one knows.

[content removed at owner's request]

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:11 - Aug 1 with 1076 viewsdirtyboy

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:07 - Aug 1 by BryanPlug

That's the issue, he's already speculated to the tune of tens of millions and got nowhere.

Definition of insanity, keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I'm up for this season, it won't be easy, but more than anything, I just want to go to a game, watch us play football nicely and be a damn site more competitive than we've been for a long time!
Login to get fewer ads

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:15 - Aug 1 with 1064 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:11 - Aug 1 by dirtyboy

That's the issue, he's already speculated to the tune of tens of millions and got nowhere.

Definition of insanity, keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I'm up for this season, it won't be easy, but more than anything, I just want to go to a game, watch us play football nicely and be a damn site more competitive than we've been for a long time!

You could also argue the opposite way based on the above point. Not reinvesting fees, replacing good players with cheap punts, never having enough cover and quality, relying on trialists to plug gaps in the squad...there may well be peaks along the way such as the play off season and potentially a decent season next year but the trend line suggests a steady decline.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:16 - Aug 1 with 1061 viewsitfcjoe

Sell up - he isn't willing and able to fund a club in the manner it deserves, or run it in the manner it deserves.

He's a part time MD who doesn't invest what he does invest smartly. If he were to get someone smart in to run the club he'd likely have more success.

What do you reckon Stuart Webber's salary is at Norwich? Or was at Huddersfield? Probably about the same as a lower end first team player - instead we just give Lee O'Neill another job to do on top of all what he was doing and don't give him the authority to run the club anyway.

He needs to smarten up, or get out in reality - as we won't go anywhere with him here.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:16 - Aug 1 with 1053 viewsdavblue

Evans isn't a basket case, but i wouldn't call us lucky to have him.

I appreciate what he puts in as it's easy to criticise that but the general care for the club is lacking and poor decision making have compounded his reign.
If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:19 - Aug 1 with 1034 viewsElderGrizzly

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:16 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

Sell up - he isn't willing and able to fund a club in the manner it deserves, or run it in the manner it deserves.

He's a part time MD who doesn't invest what he does invest smartly. If he were to get someone smart in to run the club he'd likely have more success.

What do you reckon Stuart Webber's salary is at Norwich? Or was at Huddersfield? Probably about the same as a lower end first team player - instead we just give Lee O'Neill another job to do on top of all what he was doing and don't give him the authority to run the club anyway.

He needs to smarten up, or get out in reality - as we won't go anywhere with him here.

And O’Neill isn’t qualified to do half the jobs given to him.

Lambert talks about structure and i’m sure he knows what is needed. Evans needs to listen
If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:21 - Aug 1 with 1009 viewsBryanPlug

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:21 - Aug 1 with 1008 viewsKieran_Knows

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:19 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

Lambert talks about structure and i’m sure he knows what is needed. Evans needs to listen

It needs a structure regardless of whether Lambert is in charge or not. I seem to recall a few years reading about a player Southampton had signed, and from the first time they scouted him, to the time he actually signed, they had gone through 4 managers. That's planning/structure.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:22 - Aug 1 with 1007 viewsitfcjoe

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:19 - Aug 1 by ElderGrizzly

O'Neill is highly rated and could have had good jobs elsewhere - he's as qualified as anyone and has made a success of running of the academy.

But he is basically the academy manager, the director of football and the head of recruitment - as well as helping out on the corporate customer side etc. He was too busy before his promotion and there aren't any more hours in the day.

A DoF would normally have 4 or 5 direct reports, he basically is the direct report in 3 or 4 streams - there needs to be some investment in that infrastructure in staffing levels to give him and us a chance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:26 - Aug 1 with 968 viewsdirtyboy

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:15 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

You could also argue the opposite way based on the above point. Not reinvesting fees, replacing good players with cheap punts, never having enough cover and quality, relying on trialists to plug gaps in the squad...there may well be peaks along the way such as the play off season and potentially a decent season next year but the trend line suggests a steady decline.

I doubt Evans has ever picked the players, give him some credit.

With respect to reinvesting fees, that's purley back to affordability, none of us know what cash he has.
Cut my losses..... on 15:31 - Aug 1 with 943 viewsBloots

.....and sod off.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:32 - Aug 1 with 942 viewsElderGrizzly

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:22 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

O'Neill is highly rated and could have had good jobs elsewhere - he's as qualified as anyone and has made a success of running of the academy.

But he is basically the academy manager, the director of football and the head of recruitment - as well as helping out on the corporate customer side etc. He was too busy before his promotion and there aren't any more hours in the day.

A DoF would normally have 4 or 5 direct reports, he basically is the direct report in 3 or 4 streams - there needs to be some investment in that infrastructure in staffing levels to give him and us a chance

We’re not disagreeing, he is qualified for some but not all. He will do all badly rather than some well as he is so stretched.
If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:37 - Aug 1 with 923 viewsdirtyboy

Laudable request, but whilst Evans isn't super rich, he's also considerably wealthier than 99.9% of the world's population.

So begs the question....sell up to who exactly?

Agree on the Webber remark though.
Cut my losses..... on 15:37 - Aug 1 with 920 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cut my losses..... on 15:31 - Aug 1 by Bloots

.....and sod off.

Not easy...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:46 - Aug 1 with 895 viewsActionMan

I would sell the club at a loss and wash my hands of it as it's never not going to cost me money now and theres no hope of Premier League or a profit with the money I have available to invest - so thats the best thing for all parties. Why not accept a lower off rather than lose another £100mil to achieve nothing?

If I were Evans.
If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:51 - Aug 1 with 879 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If i was Evans, i would've walked away a long time ago. i do not blame him for being conservative. He is investing into a black hole of money.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:54 - Aug 1 with 868 viewsSpruceMoose

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:46 - Aug 1 by ActionMan

I would sell the club at a loss and wash my hands of it as it's never not going to cost me money now and theres no hope of Premier League or a profit with the money I have available to invest - so thats the best thing for all parties. Why not accept a lower off rather than lose another £100mil to achieve nothing?

If I were Evans.

I could just about see his point when we were in the Championship. One miracle season on a shoestring budget where we got promoted would have been what he was after. Mick almost did it too (should have had investment in January but there you go...)

But now we are in League One, we need two miracles, and our budget is going to only shrink. Even if we get promoted back to the Championship, we will be a small fish in a rapidly increasing large pond.

We have missed the boat entirely.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you were Marcus Evans... on 16:01 - Aug 1 with 834 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not about how much is spent, it's about how it's spent. He could have given Hurst another £2m and it would have been wasted,. Same with Keane or PJ. I'm not sure on Lambert yet, but his winter additions weren't encouraging.

If I was going to send a bit more, I'd focus on getting a decent management & recruitment structure in place to make sure the useless managers he employs couldn't continue to waste what little money we have.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you were Marcus Evans... on 16:41 - Aug 1 with 767 viewsIllinoisblue

If you were Marcus Evans... on 15:22 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

Highly rated at what and by whom? Genuine question.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024