Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts Interview 06:57 - Aug 2 with 3387 viewsChurchman75

The stadium looks run down,,,,,

I held a conference in the players lounge 2 weeks ago, as you pull up and walk towards reception, the amount of seagull sh*t on the blue side of the building looks horrendous.

Dont we own a jet washer? if it was my business i would get that sorted straight away, - even do it myself to make a point because i care. First impressions were not good from my staff and gave them a reason to take the p*ss.

Sort it out evans

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Lamberts Interview on 10:26 - Aug 2 with 288 viewsitfcbam

Lamberts Interview on 08:30 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Nobody, or rather, not me, is asking fans to pop up with a tin of paint and some ladders. I reject the idea at the heart of your post, that we can't have a decent tidy nice stadium AND spend the equivalent on wages/fees due to a) all the windfalls the club has received this summer & wouldn't have been on any budget b) the fact our owner is hugely rich and could pay for club repairs out of his own pocket and c) that somehow painting a few gates and tidying up the place is "niceities".

Don't you think that money has been reinvested and gone towards new longer contracts to tie down some of the younger talent, back Lambert in keeping players like Judge and resisting bids?? Garburt signing? No business, and like it or not all football clubs are a business now, can sustain continually run at a loss! Listening to talk sport this morning clubs outside prem are struggling more and more and cannot sustain themselves now and nearly all run at a significant loss. Our owner like it or not covers the losses, we would be even worse if he didn't. trpuble is for last 5-10 years the managers have chosen to fire fight with the budget and slowly things have eroded. We are at least now starting to move back to the Ipswich way of building from the bottom bringing players through, yes we will have to sell a player to balance the books but we do that and move on continuing to build. We have a decent nucleus of young talent that we can build on, we need to be patient and good times can come back.
Lamberts Interview on 10:34 - Aug 2 with 280 viewsHalf_Idiot

Lamberts Interview on 10:08 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

jet-washing from ropes.... would you just go flying away from the building as you tried?! Sounds fun.

Edit: anyway, I think I can help you all here - your problem is that you're still paying players too much - if you take in 6 or 7million, play the players a total of 4 or 5. sorted.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 10:10]

You'd be flying all over the place.

Would be hella fun mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024