Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something that has always baffled me 07:22 - Aug 2 with 1117 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Town always prefer attacking the SBR end in the second half. Opponents must know this. And 50% of the time they must win the toss. So why don't they choose to attack the SAR in the 1st half?

Poll: would you rather

Something that has always baffled me on 07:30 - Aug 2 with 1057 viewsBloomBlue

"The North stand always brings them home" that's been known since the late 50s
Something that has always baffled me on 07:34 - Aug 2 with 1038 viewsWD19

Maybe all teams juts like to attack in the general direction of their fans in the 2nd half - home or away (?)
Something that has always baffled me on 08:19 - Aug 2 with 919 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sometimes they do - my wife used to hate it when they did. Probably most of the time they prefer to take kick-off.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Something that has always baffled me on 08:21 - Aug 2 with 908 viewschicoazul

"50% of the time they must win the toss" did you just discover something about random chance that the rest of us dont know? If so can I have the lottery numbers for this weekend please?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Something that has always baffled me on 08:53 - Aug 2 with 809 viewswkj

Something that has always baffled me on 08:21 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

"50% of the time they must win the toss" did you just discover something about random chance that the rest of us dont know? If so can I have the lottery numbers for this weekend please?

That data science module in Uni meant the "50%" comment made me twitch for similar reasons

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Something that has always baffled me on 09:05 - Aug 2 with 771 viewsandyjr

It's where the real fans are that's why

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

Something that has always baffled me on 09:23 - Aug 2 with 749 viewsWickets

Could it be that most games are won late on and that's when players need the vocal support to help bring them home . And when i was playing their used to be a saying you can lose a game in the first half but you cant win one .
Something that has always baffled me on 09:26 - Aug 2 with 739 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Just general etiquette.

The sun is rarely an issue in stadiums our size, the wind less of a factor. Unlike park football.

Liverpool pretty much always attack the Kop second half, United, Arsenal, City, Chelsea all tend to do the same.

Away clubs tend to allow the home team the choose as a courtesy and the coin toss is pretty much just for who kicks off.

Given this and the 50/50 nature I am not sure why it's even a rule. Let the home team pick the end they will attack first half pre-match, let the away team kick off. Simple.

Every now and then a team will swap but in one season (think it was 2008) we attacked the North Stand in 22 of 23 games. Clearly that's not down to us winning the coin toss every week.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Something that has always baffled me on 09:28 - Aug 2 with 731 viewsITFC_Forever

Something that has always baffled me on 07:30 - Aug 2 by BloomBlue

"The North stand always brings them home" that's been known since the late 50s

We used to attack Churchmans in the second half for a lot of the 80s and early 90s.

But going back to the OP, it's because most teams like to attack their more vocal supporters in the second half.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Something that has always baffled me on 09:30 - Aug 2 with 722 viewsGarv

Something that has always baffled me on 09:26 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Just general etiquette.

The sun is rarely an issue in stadiums our size, the wind less of a factor. Unlike park football.

Liverpool pretty much always attack the Kop second half, United, Arsenal, City, Chelsea all tend to do the same.

Away clubs tend to allow the home team the choose as a courtesy and the coin toss is pretty much just for who kicks off.

Given this and the 50/50 nature I am not sure why it's even a rule. Let the home team pick the end they will attack first half pre-match, let the away team kick off. Simple.

Every now and then a team will swap but in one season (think it was 2008) we attacked the North Stand in 22 of 23 games. Clearly that's not down to us winning the coin toss every week.

That’s bizarre.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024