Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. 11:25 - Aug 2 with 2878 viewsActionMan

is that when he was asked if we had enough to go up, he said no. That's not only a morale killer for the supporters but the players also surely? It's certainly different to hear a manager criticize Evans this much, but not much different from what Keane said about Evans and his staff in his book when it came to the mess around transfers and that was what, 10 years ago now.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:26 - Aug 2 with 2426 viewsfactual_blue

Our morale isn't his concern. From what players have said, he's made it clear to them that he expects promotion.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 2408 viewsBluefish

The timing of that from Lambert is awful. A previous manager was slaughtered for suggesting that we might not be the best and mid table might be acceptable, that was in a higher league.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:28 - Aug 2 with 2398 viewsthatdamgood89

It's the perfect message to send the owner who may be expecting an instant return on little investment.

It's also a challenge to the players. Personally I'd think right mate I'll show you.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:30 - Aug 2 with 2359 viewslowhouseblue

i was looking forward to the season - that didn't last long. b*gger.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 with 2330 viewsfooters

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:30 - Aug 2 by lowhouseblue

i was looking forward to the season - that didn't last long. b*gger.

Look forward to it anyway, lowers. Could well win tomorrow! I'm still hopeful :)

Agreed it was a massive downer from Lambo via Evans but we've all known this for yonks, haven't we?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 with 2330 viewsmathiemagic

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:26 - Aug 2 by factual_blue

Our morale isn't his concern. From what players have said, he's made it clear to them that he expects promotion.

I don't doubt that is what he has said to the players but I bet that was back when he thought he was going to be given the money to buy the three players he obviously thinks we need . Evans has now slammed that door shut and we start the season with club turmoil instead of one full of hope. Has made me very sad

Poll: If we take a battering @ Norwich this weekend will MM get the sack or stay on ?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 with 2310 viewsActionMan

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:26 - Aug 2 by factual_blue

I don't know if they will feel the same way after hearing that conference though - he seems totally dejected and doesn't seem to care about pointing out that his boss is at fault. If saw that i'd feel pretty flat as a player. The truth is Evans needn't have broken the bank with the targets -it seems that Lambert had identified affordable players he wanted and we've not got them in and we've been left with the situation he stated in the video above.
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:35 - Aug 2 with 2248 viewslowhouseblue

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 by footers

Look forward to it anyway, lowers. Could well win tomorrow! I'm still hopeful :)

Agreed it was a massive downer from Lambo via Evans but we've all known this for yonks, haven't we?

but he seemed so down that it's not something that's sustainable. perhaps he is trying to call evans' bluff. but i can't see his staying much longer otherwise.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:36 - Aug 2 with 2238 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 by mathiemagic

I don't doubt that is what he has said to the players but I bet that was back when he thought he was going to be given the money to buy the three players he obviously thinks we need . Evans has now slammed that door shut and we start the season with club turmoil instead of one full of hope. Has made me very sad

Turmoil? Give over. Bury are in turmoil. Bolton are in turmoil. We're starting the season as one of the strongest sides in the division, the manager and fans would just be happier if we had a couple more faces through the door.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:36 - Aug 2 with 2231 viewsFPL_Tractor

He's trying to pressure ME to get signings i'd have thought. Fair enough, every manager thinks they are 2 or 3 signings away from a great team.

The reality is we have a top 6 budget and probably a top 6 squad. If ME has told PL it's promotion or he's out that seems unfair without further funds, if he's happy for PL to rebuild then PL has to accept it's a longer project and he'll have to make-do and coach what he's got.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:37 - Aug 2 with 2220 viewsfactual_blue

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 by ActionMan

I don't know if they will feel the same way after hearing that conference though - he seems totally dejected and doesn't seem to care about pointing out that his boss is at fault. If saw that i'd feel pretty flat as a player. The truth is Evans needn't have broken the bank with the targets -it seems that Lambert had identified affordable players he wanted and we've not got them in and we've been left with the situation he stated in the video above.

I doubt the players even watch the press conference.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:38 - Aug 2 with 2206 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:35 - Aug 2 by lowhouseblue

but he seemed so down that it's not something that's sustainable. perhaps he is trying to call evans' bluff. but i can't see his staying much longer otherwise.

He's just Scottish is all, he always sounds like that.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:38 - Aug 2 with 2207 viewsSuperblue95

He is perhaps just covering his own back in case we don’t do well.

Let’s face it, nice comments about the supporters aside, he’s done a pretty crap job here thus far
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 11:55]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:39 - Aug 2 with 2195 viewsmonty_radio

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:32 - Aug 2 by ActionMan

But, even within the 25 minutes of the presser you saw PL go from gloomy, sullen even, to joshing about selecting from the under 4s by the end. As he himself says,the football gets him going. The players will not be seeing that despondent Lambert on the touchline.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:40 - Aug 2 with 2174 viewslowhouseblue

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:38 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

He's just Scottish is all, he always sounds like that.

indeed, it has never been hard to tell the difference between a scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:41 - Aug 2 with 2151 viewsjjblue84

How much more evidence do you need to see that Evans has destroyed everything that was Ipswich Town. What is left now bears no relation to what it was when he took over. The club has been gutted and filleted and for what purpose??
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:42 - Aug 2 with 2139 viewsfooters

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:35 - Aug 2 by lowhouseblue

True. If Lambert jumps ship then I'd really lose faith. Despite what some people say about him, I reckon he's the man for the job.

Let's hope his frustration is temporary and we're able to bring a few more bodies in over the next short while.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:43 - Aug 2 with 2122 viewsHerbivore

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:41 - Aug 2 by jjblue84

How much more evidence do you need to see that Evans has destroyed everything that was Ipswich Town. What is left now bears no relation to what it was when he took over. The club has been gutted and filleted and for what purpose??

When he took over we had no money to buy players either, and nobody to cover our losses either.

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:48 - Aug 2 with 2087 viewsthatdamgood89

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:43 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

When he took over we had no money to buy players either, and nobody to cover our losses either.

Everyone knew that and everyone appreciated that. Had Sheephanks been in the times top 100 every year I think the fan base would be like they are today.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:50 - Aug 2 with 2057 viewsJohnWarksTash

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 11:36 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Turmoil? Give over. Bury are in turmoil. Bolton are in turmoil. We're starting the season as one of the strongest sides in the division, the manager and fans would just be happier if we had a couple more faces through the door.

This.
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:08 - Aug 2 with 1956 viewsSamWhiteUK

Don't think it's a problem.

He's told the players, we're out to get promoted. He'll be thinking we can get promotion.

I think he's just trying to light a fire under Evans' backside, and make him realise that he's got to play his part as well. I don't think Lambert is actually thinking we're definitely not going to get promoted
The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:16 - Aug 2 with 1898 viewsRyorry

It shouldn't be a "morale killer" for any player worth their salt. If I heard that as a player, I'd see it as a challenge & be right up for it, "fight the good fight" etc.

And if I were PL, I'd have video clips of Jim Magilton & team in the PO semis v. Bolton playing on a loop pre season & periodically throughout.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:22 - Aug 2 with 1851 viewsJ2BLUE

The managers of the top 6 Prem clubs say the same every season. Miracle to win the league, can't possible win the quadruple, miracle to finish top 4 etc etc.

It amazes me that people think he is saying the same thing to the players. Woolf and another one I forget both said he wants to win the league. He's taking pressure off them and putting it on Evans. Two birds, one stone. I'm sure they have been told to ignore the press conferences and just listen to what he says to them in private.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:26 - Aug 2 with 1831 viewsmonty_radio

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:22 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

The managers of the top 6 Prem clubs say the same every season. Miracle to win the league, can't possible win the quadruple, miracle to finish top 4 etc etc.

It amazes me that people think he is saying the same thing to the players. Woolf and another one I forget both said he wants to win the league. He's taking pressure off them and putting it on Evans. Two birds, one stone. I'm sure they have been told to ignore the press conferences and just listen to what he says to them in private.

If it were just taking the pressure of his players, then his acting skills are better than I'd give him credit for. Initially, there spoke one despondent guy.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:28 - Aug 2 with 1819 viewsJ2BLUE

The thing that worried me most about Lamberts comments.. on 12:26 - Aug 2 by monty_radio

If it were just taking the pressure of his players, then his acting skills are better than I'd give him credit for. Initially, there spoke one despondent guy.

Oh i'm sure he is. He doesn't even have the basics required to do the job. I just think he'll be telling his players to ignore his comments in press conferences and that they are good enough, but just need some experienced back up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024