Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially 12:29 - Aug 2 with 460 viewsBoxerBlue

It needs to be now give Lambo the tools and he’ll do the job!!

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:38 - Aug 2 with 446 viewsSuperblue95

He didn’t back Mick when we were second in January so he’s not going to back a manager who’s won 4 games in 8 months

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:41 - Aug 2 with 441 viewswkj

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:38 - Aug 2 by Superblue95

He didn’t back Mick when we were second in January so he’s not going to back a manager who’s won 4 games in 8 months

That was on obscene transfer window for Evans, we were thread bare, and the players were visibly knackered, especially the Southampton game, the results soon indicated the lethargy, and Evans could have got us in the prem with a bit of gamble and backing, hey ho.

I fear we are now in a situation where promotion into the Championship will become the modus operandi of Evans, simply replacing Premiership with Championship on all his correspondence to the fans.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:43 - Aug 2 with 420 viewsSuperblue95

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:41 - Aug 2 by wkj

That was on obscene transfer window for Evans, we were thread bare, and the players were visibly knackered, especially the Southampton game, the results soon indicated the lethargy, and Evans could have got us in the prem with a bit of gamble and backing, hey ho.

I fear we are now in a situation where promotion into the Championship will become the modus operandi of Evans, simply replacing Premiership with Championship on all his correspondence to the fans.

Give it a few years and he could be replacing Championship with League One.

*shudders*

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:43 - Aug 2 with 420 viewsskyblue23

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:38 - Aug 2 by Superblue95

If he genuinely weighed up his thoughts like this Lambert wouldn't still be the manager now.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 405 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert is clearly frustrated and playing down our chances but I honestly rate our chances this season.

Is there a club in the country that wouldn't say they could do with 3 more signings (or even more) in order to achieve their aims?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 406 viewsHerbivore

He tried giving him the tools in January and he didn't do the job, though admittedly it was a tough job. I get why people like Lambert but I'm less sure why people think it's a given that with a bit of backing he's the man for the job. He's been below average on the footballing side of things since he joined us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:56 - Aug 2 with 380 viewswkj

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:52 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

He tried giving him the tools in January and he didn't do the job, though admittedly it was a tough job. I get why people like Lambert but I'm less sure why people think it's a given that with a bit of backing he's the man for the job. He's been below average on the footballing side of things since he joined us.

Its a tough one really, Paul needed a striker last season, and a significant one at that. I bet if we still had pitman we'd have done well under Lambert.

Hurst getting shot of Lambert was painful, but understandable
Hurst getting shot of Garner was understandable

Hurst getting shot of both defined our season, that was the gap that Lambert failed to plug with Keane and Quarner, but in all honesty, good strikers are not available in January without paying a King's ransom.

Crybaby

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 13:03 - Aug 2 with 365 viewsHerbivore

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:56 - Aug 2 by wkj

Its a tough one really, Paul needed a striker last season, and a significant one at that. I bet if we still had pitman we'd have done well under Lambert.

Hurst getting shot of both defined our season, that was the gap that Lambert failed to plug with Keane and Quarner, but in all honesty, good strikers are not available in January without paying a King's ransom.

The money was there though, we spent £40k a week on Keane and Quaner. We should have done better with the money spent really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 13:18 - Aug 2 with 333 viewshoppy

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 12:56 - Aug 2 by wkj

Blimey, that one passed me by... when did Hurst get rid of Lambert?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 13:23 - Aug 2 with 321 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

That's the point though.

He should have learned from that. He threw away a potential £100m windfall with the refusal to spend £2-3m.

Now he's potentially throwing away a £7m increase in revenue next year by refusing to spend £500k.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 13:30 - Aug 2 with 312 viewswkj

If there was a time that Evans needed to back a manager financially on 13:18 - Aug 2 by hoppy

Blimey, that one passed me by... when did Hurst get rid of Lambert?

The same time Waghorn got rid of Evans

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024