Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow 16:18 - Aug 2 with 5281 viewsBrixtonBlue

Everton's U23 player of the year. Why can't we pick a loan of this sort of quality?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49210532

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:19 - Aug 2 with 2916 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah that Celina and Lawrence were bollox. Chalobah was a pile of crap too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:22 - Aug 2 with 2894 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:19 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Add Fraser to that pile too.

As with all loans, this could be a good signing for them or it could not work out. U23s player of the year means very little.

Remember when we sent back Andros Townsend because he wasn't good enough?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:22 - Aug 2 with 2894 viewsBlueBadger

Haven't we already taken someone on loan from Everton as well this season?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:23 - Aug 2 with 2889 viewsJimmyJazz

First loan, no prior appearances for Everton. Seems like a gamble to me

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:31 - Aug 2 with 2832 viewsBluefish

We blew far more that on Quaner last season instead

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:34 - Aug 2 with 2811 viewsSpruceMoose

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:23 - Aug 2 by JimmyJazz

First rule of TWTD: It's always great when a club who isn't Ipswich does it, however, it's always bad when Ipswich do it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 2786 viewsSomethingBlue

He turns 22 this season and has played eight minutes of senior football so spare me too much excitement on their behalf at this point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:40 - Aug 2 with 2773 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:19 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

I obviously mean now!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:42 - Aug 2 with 2756 viewsSpruceMoose

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:40 - Aug 2 by BrixtonBlue

I obviously mean now!

I mean, you could argue we have signed a better Everton player this year for the league we are in.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:43 - Aug 2 with 2754 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:23 - Aug 2 by JimmyJazz

Incorrect. He's made one first team appearance for Everton.

Everything's a gamble, but a Prem U23 player of the year can't be too shabby? Given our lack of options, I'd take that gamble.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:44 - Aug 2 with 2731 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:31 - Aug 2 by Bluefish

We blew far more that on Quaner last season instead

I'm glad you know what Quaner cost us... and what this chap is costing Burton. What's your source?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:45 - Aug 2 with 2722 viewsJimmyJazz

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:43 - Aug 2 by BrixtonBlue

Everything's a gamble, but a Prem U23 player of the year can't be too shabby? Given our lack of options, I'd take that gamble.

Bookmark this post and repost at any time of the season when you feel the gamble was justified

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:46 - Aug 2 with 2720 viewsitfcjoe

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:43 - Aug 2 by BrixtonBlue

Generally someone still playing the 23s at that age, unless lacking physical development, isn’t usually that good a prospect

I’ve not seen anything of him so can’t judge, but Everton has half a dozen players U23 out on loan last year and another 3 or 4 in their 1st team squad so he’s not seen as a bright prospect

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:47 - Aug 2 with 2720 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:38 - Aug 2 by SomethingBlue

He turns 22 this season and has played eight minutes of senior football so spare me too much excitement on their behalf at this point.

Did I show much excitement in my post?!

Just seems a decent pick on the face of it, a Prem U23 player of the year in League 1.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:48 - Aug 2 with 2716 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:42 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

I mean, you could argue we have signed a better Everton player this year for the league we are in.

I hope you're right, obviously, but not sure how you can say he's better.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:48 - Aug 2 with 2711 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:45 - Aug 2 by JimmyJazz

Bookmark this post and repost at any time of the season when you feel the gamble was justified

Okie dokie.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:50 - Aug 2 with 2696 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:46 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Generally someone still playing the 23s at that age, unless lacking physical development, isn’t usually that good a prospect

I’ve not seen anything of him so can’t judge, but Everton has half a dozen players U23 out on loan last year and another 3 or 4 in their 1st team squad so he’s not seen as a bright prospect

Surely as their U23 player of the year he's seen as one of the brightest prospect of their U23s?!

Incidentally, who was our U23 player of the year last year?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:53 - Aug 2 with 2679 viewsitfcjoe

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:50 - Aug 2 by BrixtonBlue

Surely as their U23 player of the year he's seen as one of the brightest prospect of their U23s?!

Incidentally, who was our U23 player of the year last year?

Most of their U23s aren’t playing for their U23s though, so being player of the year whilst a good thing doesn’t mean much

We don’t announce one, think a Lankester was the academy player of the year but progressed out of the 23s in October

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:54 - Aug 2 with 2672 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:53 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Most of their U23s aren’t playing for their U23s though, so being player of the year whilst a good thing doesn’t mean much

We don’t announce one, think a Lankester was the academy player of the year but progressed out of the 23s in October

Fairy nuff.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 10:09 - Aug 11 with 2308 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:45 - Aug 2 by JimmyJazz

Ahem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49214409

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 11:04 - Aug 11 with 2205 viewsRyorry

You are joking, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Garbutt

Played 2, scored 2 - subbed due to injury in second game c. 38th min

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 11:57 - Aug 11 with 2112 viewsMattinLondon

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 16:44 - Aug 2 by BrixtonBlue

I'm glad you know what Quaner cost us... and what this chap is costing Burton. What's your source?

His source is usually his own arse
Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 12:10 - Aug 11 with 2075 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 11:57 - Aug 11 by MattinLondon

His source is usually his own arse

Funny how he never answered this!

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 2064 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 11:04 - Aug 11 by Ryorry

You are joking, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Garbutt

Played 2, scored 2 - subbed due to injury in second game c. 38th min

Not sure what your point is or what you think I'm joking about Ryorry. Where have I said anything against Garbutt? Is it not allowed to have two loans from the same club?

If you MUST compare (which I wasn't), Nathan Broadhead's record reads played 1, scored 2.

And yes, I know Garbutt was injured and what time, I was watching it.

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 12:32 - Aug 11 with 2027 viewsBluefish

Good signing for Burton ahead of our game tomorrow on 12:10 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

Funny how he never answered this!

WTF are you wittering about? Phil has confirmed numerous times how much Quaner cost us, apologise whenever you are up to it.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 12:43]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024