Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club being owned by the fans..... 07:02 - Aug 3 with 921 viewsPippin1970

The thread on Evan's out quite interesting. Lower clubs I think will be owned by fans in the future if owners give up. The Portsmouth model seems to be working quite well at the moment.
The club being owned by the fans..... on 07:06 - Aug 3 with 888 viewsfooters

Ugh. Not again, please.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The club being owned by the fans..... on 07:13 - Aug 3 with 868 viewsBluefish

Presumably you would still want/expect Marcus to prop us up each year though?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The club being owned by the fans..... on 07:17 - Aug 3 with 855 viewsWarkTheWark

Nope (with cherries on top)
The club being owned by the fans..... on 07:40 - Aug 3 with 800 viewshaynes_toe1

We cant even get our fans to come watch us play let alone invest thousands of pounds
The club being owned by the fans..... on 08:25 - Aug 3 with 695 viewsPippin1970

At some point with clubs you have to make big decisions. Bury for instance tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately might go back in extinction. The club might reform again in lower leagues with hardcore fans. Local side up here in Morecambe considering options as gates of only 2000. The club dont even own the ground here at Ipswich. Personally I'm happy the club is still afloat.
The club being owned by the fans..... on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 656 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Portsmouth Model? Being owned by a rich american?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The club being owned by the fans..... on 08:48 - Aug 3 with 643 viewsSuperblue95

Evan is out where? I don’t know who Evan is and I’ve seen no thread on where he’s gone

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:32 - Aug 3 with 547 viewsSwansea_Blue

We may be part owned by the fans already. We had a share issue yonks back, what’s happened to those? Did ME buy them out or are they still held by the original ‘investors’? Can’t imagine they’d be worth much now if they are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:44 - Aug 3 with 522 viewsthebooks

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:32 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

We may be part owned by the fans already. We had a share issue yonks back, what’s happened to those? Did ME buy them out or are they still held by the original ‘investors’? Can’t imagine they’d be worth much now if they are.

Yes, I remember buying £100 worth. It was pretty clear it was just plowing some money into the club so it didn't go bust, which it promptly did anyway. (Worth remembering if we get too dewy eyed over the Sheepshanks/Bowden era.)

Most people don't understand fan ownership, but there are examples of "bigger" clubs going down some form of that route, such as, erm, Swansea, who then sold up to rich Americans. Personally think it'd be the best route for Town, otherwise we're just waiting for some Kazak mafiosi, barbaric oil feifdom or American hedge fund to buy Evans out. Not that most fans are bothered by that kind of thing.
The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:56 - Aug 3 with 497 viewsSwansea_Blue

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:44 - Aug 3 by thebooks

Yes, I remember buying £100 worth. It was pretty clear it was just plowing some money into the club so it didn't go bust, which it promptly did anyway. (Worth remembering if we get too dewy eyed over the Sheepshanks/Bowden era.)

Most people don't understand fan ownership, but there are examples of "bigger" clubs going down some form of that route, such as, erm, Swansea, who then sold up to rich Americans. Personally think it'd be the best route for Town, otherwise we're just waiting for some Kazak mafiosi, barbaric oil feifdom or American hedge fund to buy Evans out. Not that most fans are bothered by that kind of thing.

Is there any comms from the club about those shares? Are they still live?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:57 - Aug 3 with 494 viewsSuperblue95

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:56 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

The shares are mine and I’m tighter than Evans so tough luck

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The club being owned by the fans..... on 10:20 - Aug 3 with 451 viewslinhdi

The club being owned by the fans..... on 09:56 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

Shares are still live - even those bought in 1936. There's an AGM every autumn - all shareholders get an invite (you do need to tell them of change of address, though email is usually used nowadays).

Evans owns 87.5%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024