Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is everyone feeling about this season then? 07:50 - Aug 3 with 1087 viewsSomethingBlue

Me: nervous as hell! Which I don't like, but it feels like the most important season of my lifetime and if we get it wrong we are quite probably in for a very bleak (even bleaker) few years.

So yesterday wasn't a great way to set it up although I don't think anyone can really argue with what Lambert said even if you can query the time and place. I think without one more decent-ish defender and striker we would do very well to finish in the top two. But I do think the group of players we have now, even taking into account the injured, should be comfortably good enough to finish in the play-offs.

In reality all bets are off. It's new territory for 99% of us. I think a strong start is vital and then the outstanding support we've seen over the past year or so can really come into its own. Lose the positivity and willingness for this team to do well, and we'll lose a lot of what we have going for us at this moment. So let's hope we can eke at least something out today and set a platform for this to be a transformative season for us. Because in a best case scenario, that's what it can be.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 07:57 - Aug 3 with 1049 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It's very different form all those seasons under MM, where there was little or no excitement, no passion form the manager, and you just knew we would end up safe somewhere in mid table.
This is a really big season. Obviously hoping we get off to a good start in August, and the positivity spreads and builds. A platform to get promoted and then surge up the Championship next year. Or get off to a poor start, and god knows what will happen to this club.

Staggered that ME cannot see the importance of this season and put in an investment now, as he stands to lose loads if it doesn't go well.

Poll: would you rather

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 07:59 - Aug 3 with 1044 viewsdavblue

I dont expect us to get promotion, still think the group is unbalanced and we aren't the type of club to bounce straight back, I suspect we will be here for a fair few years.

Nothing that Evans is doing convinces me, from a strategic point of view, if we aren't doing too well I think this will be the year where he will cop some stick and he seems to be naive about it. It could be a very dark club this season for all of the positivity of the support last season I think some are expecting it to be a cakewalk and it will be nothing of the sort.

I've seen a fair bit of this league over the years and it will be a battle, we will have to earn the right to play if we dont do that we will fall flat on our faces.
How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:02 - Aug 3 with 1034 viewsITFC_Forever

It really could go either way, as you say, it’s a massive season and we’re approaching it with a very unbalanced squad.
Oodles of talented players in midfield, but only one injury away from being down to the bare bones in others.

As for today, I think we will win, and I think Judge will start, before being replaced by Huws after around 65 minutes.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:09 - Aug 3 with 992 viewsMullet

Lambert has to earn his salary now. Evans has to earn our respect.

It's probably going to be difficult, it's probably going to be low quality football at times not just from us, it's probably going to see a new cult hero emerge. Given it's our first season down here in decades, it'll be a yardstick for years to come.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:10 - Aug 3 with 989 viewsSteve_M

Similar really, we don't look like a club ready for the season yet. Our transfer business had been half-arsed as ever - Norwood potentially very good, Holy promising, the rest meh - the squad remains unbalanced and Evans seems even less interested in his expensive hobby.

If we can get off to a half-decent start through, get used to winning again, then I think it'll be ok. If not, Lambert will go and we'll drift further downwards, the second tier by becoming merely an aspiration.

As an aside, I don't think the change of division will completely sink in at first, Burton, Sunderland, Peterborough are all familiar enough opponents. Get to the end of the month though....

Anyway, COYFB.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:15 - Aug 3 with 964 viewstextbackup

When we got Norwood in (battling against other teams to win his signature) I was buzzing, thought maybe Evans was going to give this a proper go. Now my thoughts on him remain as they were. He’s like a wife that’ll offer a handjob once a month in the hope it’s just enough to keep things ticking over.

On the pitch tho I can wait, we have some great little footballers here, and a manager that won’t just plod along and top up his pension, he wants to make something of us.

Highs and lows to follow this season, and I can’t wait to watch some attacking intent and a few goals flying in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:18 - Aug 3 with 945 viewsShandley

I am feeling great.
I always love going into a new season as I get Saturday away from the family.
How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:24 - Aug 3 with 920 viewsLB27

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:09 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Lambert has to earn his salary now. Evans has to earn our respect.

It's probably going to be difficult, it's probably going to be low quality football at times not just from us, it's probably going to see a new cult hero emerge. Given it's our first season down here in decades, it'll be a yardstick for years to come.

I was getting slightly worried before the Colchester game, but afterwards I was feeling pretty confident we looked strong and we played some good football. But ever since that game the confidence has slowly disappeared and the worries have crept back in.

Things like added injuries, failure to strengthen our weaknesses and bad signs coming from the manager have left me feeling quite nervous for this season. It’s not a good thing when your manager says we’re not strong enough to go back up. I really think we needed to strengthen the defence even if it was one more player to start at RB, CB or LB, just to strengthen our spine.

We still need another striker imo that can add another dimension to our attack and in all honestly it wouldn’t have hurt to strengthen with another wide player but that’s asking a bit much I know. Two more players would suffice. Regardless if you look at our team on paper it looks competent in this league even with the injuries and strong without them.

So I’m trying to stay positive and I’m praying we can finish comfortably in the playoffs and maybe even beyond. I’m worried that we might have a mediocre season and finish 9th or 10th. But we have to hope.

Bring on Burton!!
Login to get fewer ads

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:33 - Aug 3 with 881 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Always optimistic on day one.

The Lambert presser is a side show perhaps meant more for the ITFC hierarchy than the fans and of course we will not hear the Club’s version of events to give balance to Lambert’s ranting.

An injury free squad as it is currently made up ought to be capable of getting out of the league at the first attempt, it’s strong and a nice balance between youth and experience. The injuries worry me. None ever seem to be 1 week recovery type knocks, now everything is long term, at the end of the last season I had no idea that the likes of Nolan and Edwards would not make the start of the season also expected Lankester to be closer to a return.

A bit more depth whether that be injured players returning or a couple more additions and we should have enough about us to be in the mix from the off. The return of Huws will be significant I think.
How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:40 - Aug 3 with 863 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:15 - Aug 3 by textbackup

When we got Norwood in (battling against other teams to win his signature) I was buzzing, thought maybe Evans was going to give this a proper go. Now my thoughts on him remain as they were. He’s like a wife that’ll offer a handjob once a month in the hope it’s just enough to keep things ticking over.

On the pitch tho I can wait, we have some great little footballers here, and a manager that won’t just plod along and top up his pension, he wants to make something of us.

Highs and lows to follow this season, and I can’t wait to watch some attacking intent and a few goals flying in

Nervous.

A win would be massive to take the pressure off early with two tricky games coming up.

My head says draw, heart says win.

...so will probably be a loss!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:42 - Aug 3 with 850 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Getting through the first 20 mins without conceding would be a nice change

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:45 - Aug 3 with 841 viewshaynes_toe1

Despite the fact I think Evan's is useless and needs forcing out of the club, and despite the fact I think Lambert is a massive has-been who's getting excuses in as early as..well, before the first game...3pm today is what it's all about and let's hope we start off with a big win to get confidence as high as possible
How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:46 - Aug 3 with 834 viewsFtnfwest

Hopelessly relaxed, but then I am by the poolside in Albufeira! Will go all chavvy and have some colours on later though.
How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 10:03 - Aug 3 with 694 viewsSteve_M

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 08:42 - Aug 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Getting through the first 20 mins without conceding would be a nice change

We managed that on opening day last year. Then it all fell apart....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 10:32 - Aug 3 with 636 viewsChurchman

Top half will be a major achievement. I hope we do better than that, but with a culture of losing week in week out, a disinterested owner who is looking to cut costs (bar a cheap tin of paint for the training ground portacabin), especially player costs, I think mid table/top half is a realistic ambition. It is unrealistic to think we can compete with clubs like Portsmouth, Sunderland, Burton, Peterborough, Lincoln etc. It’s where we are with Evans
How is everyone feeling about this season then? on 10:35 - Aug 3 with 622 viewsTractorWood

Bookies have us top 2. I therefore think we should be hoping for a decent campaign.

In reality? 8th.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024