Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes is a proper player 21:35 - Aug 3 with 1724 viewstractorboy1978

If he plays like that every week he's the first name on the team sheet.

Rowe also had a fantastic game. The goal came from him taking the ball, being positive and driving past a couple of players. A proper old school winger.

Norwood is an absolute handful. As Lambert said, a nightmare to play against.

I was impressed with our resilience and battling qualities today in a game that was far from easy. We ground it out IMO deserved the 3 points.
Downes is a proper player on 21:40 - Aug 3 with 1687 viewsartsbossbeard

He was indeed ace today.

Huws though. This injury situation could really be a blessing in disguise here as he's head and shoulders above anyone else in this league.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Downes is a proper player on 21:44 - Aug 3 with 1638 viewsclive_baker

Downes is a proper player on 21:40 - Aug 3 by artsbossbeard

He was indeed ace today.

Huws though. This injury situation could really be a blessing in disguise here as he's head and shoulders above anyone else in this league.

He’s far too good for League 1 isn’t he? If he can get match fit and stay fit, he’ll tear up this division. With Judge, Norwood, Downes, maybe Bishop too. Could be mouthwatering.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes is a proper player on 21:48 - Aug 3 with 1588 viewsStokieBlue

Downes is a proper player on 21:44 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

He’s far too good for League 1 isn’t he? If he can get match fit and stay fit, he’ll tear up this division. With Judge, Norwood, Downes, maybe Bishop too. Could be mouthwatering.

Everyone forgetting about Lankester.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Downes is a proper player on 21:54 - Aug 3 with 1525 viewsclive_baker

Downes is a proper player on 21:48 - Aug 3 by StokieBlue

Everyone forgetting about Lankester.

SB

And Dozzell.

So many options, need to get them fit!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes is a proper player on 00:36 - Aug 4 with 1211 viewshoppy

Downes is a proper player on 21:54 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

And Dozzell.

So many options, need to get them fit!

Altho not until after the transfer window is shut...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Downes is a proper player on 03:25 - Aug 4 with 1089 viewsStNeotsBlue

Downes is a proper player on 21:40 - Aug 3 by artsbossbeard

He was indeed ace today.

Huws is my big hope for this season. The next Reuser for me, not in terms of his style of play but in a player who we wouldn't have had a hope in hell of signing if they hadn't had their injuries. If he can stay fit we have a player too good for this division.

Also, Downes is looking very decent, not just based on today or pre-season but a lot of his performances in a poor side were very good towards the end of last season. If he can add a few goals to his game you're looking at a very promising midfielder with a bit of everything in his locker which is something to get excited about.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 3:37]
Downes is a proper player on 06:10 - Aug 4 with 994 viewshaynes_toe1

Downes was vital yesterday. I got some stick for saying that I thought Burton were the better footballing team yesterday and I stick by it (also dont care cos we won) but Downes at least tried to bring the ball down and keep it relatively simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024