Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL on Quest. 22:30 - Aug 3 with 3264 viewsCoco

Think it was Dean Ashton (who is a good bloke) said we’re short on numbers and we need help. “They’ve got in a couple of free transfers and a loanee but when you see what the others like Sunderland have got in, it’s not enough”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-new

Have i missed something??

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

EFL on Quest. on 22:38 - Aug 3 with 3130 viewsSitfcB

That says Sunderland have brought in 7....

....so what’s your point?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

EFL on Quest. on 22:39 - Aug 3 with 3131 viewsMrTown

Don’t think we need anyone if I’m being honest, think Wilson is as assured, experienced and composed as you’ll get, on a free transfer, it’s good business.

Of course there was the usual slating him on here when no one had really seen him play but he looked a very astute bit of business today. Cramp at the end, to be expected.

4 options of Chambers/Nsiala/Wilson/Woolfenden are as good as you’ll get in this division on a shoe string budget.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

EFL on Quest. on 22:58 - Aug 3 with 2949 viewsITFCBlues

EFL on Quest. on 22:39 - Aug 3 by MrTown

Don’t think we need anyone if I’m being honest, think Wilson is as assured, experienced and composed as you’ll get, on a free transfer, it’s good business.

Of course there was the usual slating him on here when no one had really seen him play but he looked a very astute bit of business today. Cramp at the end, to be expected.

4 options of Chambers/Nsiala/Wilson/Woolfenden are as good as you’ll get in this division on a shoe string budget.

We need a new striker that's for sure. Need at least another one as backup. We didn't have one on the bench today.

I'd guess RB he wants as well with Donacien perhaps not playing the way he wants.

That aside, assuming Lankester isn't out for a long period, I'm fairly happy with that squad

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

EFL on Quest. on 23:20 - Aug 3 with 2800 viewsElderGrizzly

It was Parkin wasn’t it?

It’s lazy punditry in some regards as they focus too much on how many you bring in, rather than look at what you have in comparison to the rest of the league.
EFL on Quest. on 23:23 - Aug 3 with 2772 viewsElderGrizzly

EFL on Quest. on 22:58 - Aug 3 by ITFCBlues

We need a new striker that's for sure. Need at least another one as backup. We didn't have one on the bench today.

I'd guess RB he wants as well with Donacien perhaps not playing the way he wants.

That aside, assuming Lankester isn't out for a long period, I'm fairly happy with that squad

We certainly need another to cover until Sears, Folami and Morris are fit. And probably one who is a bit of a lump to give us something different.

Donacien was one of the better performing players today too, so hopefully more performances like that can stop the need for another RB. I think if anything we need an alternative at LB. Kenlock still switches off far too easily
EFL on Quest. on 23:49 - Aug 3 with 2636 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

EFL on Quest. on 23:23 - Aug 3 by ElderGrizzly

We certainly need another to cover until Sears, Folami and Morris are fit. And probably one who is a bit of a lump to give us something different.

Donacien was one of the better performing players today too, so hopefully more performances like that can stop the need for another RB. I think if anything we need an alternative at LB. Kenlock still switches off far too easily

I thought Donacien was chalk and cheese in the first and second halves... much better second half but I don’t trust him in possession... he’s a second too late with his decision making for me.

Heart in mouth moments from today came from Donacien and Holy with my only other frustration being the needless freekicks given away by Kenlock. Not convinced by Wilson but not too concerned because Chambers, Woolfenden and eventually Nsiala should be ahead of him anyway.
EFL on Quest. on 23:52 - Aug 3 with 2619 viewsWacko

Would've preferred Ridgewell who signed for Southend

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

EFL on Quest. on 00:30 - Aug 4 with 2502 viewshoppy

EFL on Quest. on 23:49 - Aug 3 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I thought Donacien was chalk and cheese in the first and second halves... much better second half but I don’t trust him in possession... he’s a second too late with his decision making for me.

Heart in mouth moments from today came from Donacien and Holy with my only other frustration being the needless freekicks given away by Kenlock. Not convinced by Wilson but not too concerned because Chambers, Woolfenden and eventually Nsiala should be ahead of him anyway.

Were your ‘heart in mouth’ moments due to errors they were making today, or just because of your perception and expectations of them? I’ve not seen anything of it to know, so just interested really?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

EFL on Quest. on 07:33 - Aug 4 with 2164 viewsITFC_Forever

EFL on Quest. on 00:30 - Aug 4 by hoppy

Were your ‘heart in mouth’ moments due to errors they were making today, or just because of your perception and expectations of them? I’ve not seen anything of it to know, so just interested really?

Donacien had a bit of an up and down afternoon, won the ball nicely at times, at other times he gave it away / missed it altogether.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

EFL on Quest. on 07:50 - Aug 4 with 2059 viewsChurchman

EFL on Quest. on 07:33 - Aug 4 by ITFC_Forever

Donacien had a bit of an up and down afternoon, won the ball nicely at times, at other times he gave it away / missed it altogether.

Interesting. Maybe if he gets a run of games in a settled team that’s doing ok, his confidence will improve and he’ll play a little better. That goes for all those who were part of last years shambles.

I am mindful of Damien Delaney who I though looked an absolute liability for us, but went to make a good career in a decent team at a higher level.
EFL on Quest. on 07:54 - Aug 4 with 2027 viewstractorboy1978

I really do not understand the Sunderland hype. Our squad is far superior to theirs.
EFL on Quest. on 08:17 - Aug 4 with 1923 viewsBloomBlue

EFL on Quest. on 23:20 - Aug 3 by ElderGrizzly

It was Parkin wasn’t it?

It’s lazy punditry in some regards as they focus too much on how many you bring in, rather than look at what you have in comparison to the rest of the league.

That's because too many people base football on who you buy not what you produce.
Bringing a player up from the youths is like buying a new player
EFL on Quest. on 08:30 - Aug 4 with 1847 viewsWestcountryblue

We had Huws and Judge on the bench yesterday. Chambo, Nolan, Dozzell and Edwards back in contention for next week.

I would say the quality we possess in our squad is more than enough. Obviously need to get Sears back, use Roberts as a 4th striker and maybe bring in a right back.
EFL on Quest. on 09:23 - Aug 4 with 1655 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

EFL on Quest. on 00:30 - Aug 4 by hoppy

All just based on what happened on the day... my expectations of Holy were zero, I’d never seen him play and it’s been a long time since seeing Donacien play, and that was probably on tele.

Holy will be a good ‘keeper... Donacien is sufficient this season.

But 1-0 up away from home and hanging on a bit in the first 15 minutes of the second half... if a mistake was coming, it was going to come from one of those two, or from a set piece given away by Kenlock.
EFL on Quest. on 09:31 - Aug 4 with 1615 viewsPJH

EFL on Quest. on 23:49 - Aug 3 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I think that you are right about Donacien, in my view his problems start if he has time to or needs to think.
He is quite good at getting the ball back but what follows can be a problem.
EFL on Quest. on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 1545 viewsstrikalite

EFL on Quest. on 23:20 - Aug 3 by ElderGrizzly

It was Parkin wasn’t it?

This!

What they have overlooked is the fact that we were building for a fair few games last season and haven't lost our quality players for a League below....and it really is a League below in comparison to the Championship, which is like a Prem2 now..
EFL on Quest. on 11:51 - Aug 4 with 1330 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

EFL on Quest. on 09:49 - Aug 4 by strikalite

This!

What they have overlooked is the fact that we were building for a fair few games last season and haven't lost our quality players for a League below....and it really is a League below in comparison to the Championship, which is like a Prem2 now..

Premier 2 is what they have wanted all along.
No relegation to div1!

Our squad fully fit is fine for league 1 except defence!

The stat that is a bit of a concern is possession.

Burton fancied to be top half -squad is half the size of ours - I wonder if Nigel is moaning at this early stage.

Hopefully the Sunderland game will be a great day!

COYB
EFL on Quest. on 12:02 - Aug 4 with 1297 viewslongtimefan

EFL on Quest. on 09:31 - Aug 4 by PJH

I think that you are right about Donacien, in my view his problems start if he has time to or needs to think.
He is quite good at getting the ball back but what follows can be a problem.

I thought Donacien was really good defensively, especially in the second half. Not so good going forward, but after last year I’d much rather have a solid defensive player who was reliable.
EFL on Quest. on 12:15 - Aug 4 with 1257 viewsflimflam

I thought Wilson had a decent enough game but he needs to get more distance on his headers as Burton picked up quite a few and put them straight on the front foot.

Either that or head it out wide.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024