Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... 07:20 - Aug 4 with 1134 viewsITFC_Forever

...and a few things to iron out, but the good most definitely out-weighed the bad.

Everyone contributed at some point, although some performances were a bit up and down.
Downes, Woolfenden, Rowe, Norwood probably the pick.

Holy was generally decent (although he didn’t have a huge amount to do) apart from his aberration at the end which thankfully didn’t cost us - the spell of keep-ball was getting more and more casual and almost ended in disaster - he / we should learn from that.

Judge looked good when he came on, and I was especially pleased to see Huws get on the pitch and more importantly, look fearless. First thing he did was get on the ball and surge deep in to Burton’s half... he oozes class. Unlikely we’ll get 46 games from him, but if we can get 30-35, he could make a big difference to us this season.

And fair play to Wilson too.... did what we needed him to do. He probably knows he’s realistically fourth choice, but was for the most part solid in a game where we needed him to be.

All in all, an enjoyable day out, with fantastic noisy support to go with all the above.

Shame I’m missing Sunderland...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 07:41 - Aug 4 with 1063 viewshomer_123

Irrespective of anything else its 3 pts, a win and starts to put last year behind us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 07:42 - Aug 4 with 1059 viewsLesta_Tractor

Positive result, some decent performances and a good day out.

We do need better full backs and another option up top though.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 07:44 - Aug 4 with 1044 viewschristiand

ITFC Forever how did Jackson do yesterday?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 07:56 - Aug 4 with 1003 viewsITFC_Forever

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 07:44 - Aug 4 by christiand

ITFC Forever how did Jackson do yesterday?

Ok, but at times we struggled to get him in the game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 11:58 - Aug 4 with 734 viewsSteve_M

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 07:56 - Aug 4 by ITFC_Forever

Ok, but at times we struggled to get him in the game.

The most encouraging thing was throwing himself forward to get on the end of a cross in the first half, it got intercepted but that was not something we saw last season. The cross-field ball to Norwood was great too.

To add to your opening post, I thought Norwood was trying too hard at times, just a bit desperate to start well. He'll settle though I think.

I thought we still looked like a side that didn't know how to win towards the end, understandable after last season but we definitely let Burton back into the game too readily. So winning was the best thing about yesterday, especially as it took me four months to see one last year.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 13:19]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:12 - Aug 4 with 647 viewschristiand

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 11:58 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

The most encouraging thing was throwing himself forward to get on the end of a cross in the first half, it got intercepted but that was not something we saw last season. The cross-field ball to Norwood was great too.

To add to your opening post, I thought Norwood was trying too hard at times, just a bit desperate to start well. He'll settle though I think.

I thought we still looked like a side that didn't know how to win towards the end, understandable after last season but we definitely let Burton back into the game too readily. So winning was the best thing about yesterday, especially as it took me four months to see one last year.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 13:19]

Lack of confidence Steve? They mainly aren't a squad that know what that winning feeling is like from the last 18 months.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:25 - Aug 4 with 634 viewsSteve_M

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:12 - Aug 4 by christiand

Lack of confidence Steve? They mainly aren't a squad that know what that winning feeling is like from the last 18 months.

Definitely a bit of that, other than the Akers shot and Holy's misskick we had been fairly comfortable until the last few minutes. That's why our start might define the season, get used to winning - for fans as well as players - and it'll get easier.

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:29 - Aug 4 with 620 viewslinhdi

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:25 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

Definitely a bit of that, other than the Akers shot and Holy's misskick we had been fairly comfortable until the last few minutes. That's why our start might define the season, get used to winning - for fans as well as players - and it'll get easier.

And it is easier to win in League One. The opposition's strikers aren't so good, their wide players aren't as quick and don't deliver as good a ball, etc etc. Burton missed a couple of chances which Championship sides would have scored from.

So, I am left relatively positive about the season ahead.
Login to get fewer ads

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:36 - Aug 4 with 605 viewsSteve_M

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:29 - Aug 4 by linhdi

And it is easier to win in League One. The opposition's strikers aren't so good, their wide players aren't as quick and don't deliver as good a ball, etc etc. Burton missed a couple of chances which Championship sides would have scored from.

So, I am left relatively positive about the season ahead.

That is true, thought that with the Akers one in particular. If Burton were 9th last year then the benchmark for all but top few clubs is going to be around that level.

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:47 - Aug 4 with 582 viewsstrikalite

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday.... on 13:36 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

That is true, thought that with the Akers one in particular. If Burton were 9th last year then the benchmark for all but top few clubs is going to be around that level.

We should take a lot of confidence from the fact that Burton beat Barnsley, Pompey and Sunderland at home last season..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024