Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miles Kenlock 07:54 - Aug 4 with 1360 viewsWickets

Great to win and i'm not having a go just showing concern i was worried that Miles is still giving away soft free kicks he needs to learn the Berra way of not attracting the Ref's attention . I seem to remember this was highlighted last season as costing us more than once .
Miles Kenlock on 08:19 - Aug 4 with 1270 viewsBluefish

He gives away lots of free kicks because he drifts off and them has to make it back. His marking is a long way off and then he is slow to react. He has positives about his game as well though so it is frustrating to see him struggle with the basics.

We can afford to carry him at this level so it isn't urgent but it is a big year for him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Miles Kenlock on 08:43 - Aug 4 with 1178 viewsPlums

Miles Kenlock on 08:19 - Aug 4 by Bluefish

He gives away lots of free kicks because he drifts off and them has to make it back. His marking is a long way off and then he is slow to react. He has positives about his game as well though so it is frustrating to see him struggle with the basics.

We can afford to carry him at this level so it isn't urgent but it is a big year for him

His first movement always seems to be to grab the opponent as well. Canny strikers are going to use that to fend him off and then exaggerate the foul. I thought he struggled at times yesterday.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Miles Kenlock on 09:16 - Aug 4 with 1100 viewssparks

Most of them were pretty poor decisions. Cant be responsible for those.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Miles Kenlock on 10:37 - Aug 4 with 1004 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 09:16 - Aug 4 by sparks

Most of them were pretty poor decisions. Cant be responsible for those.

That's the way blame the Ref !
Miles Kenlock on 10:48 - Aug 4 with 982 viewssparks

Miles Kenlock on 10:37 - Aug 4 by Wickets

That's the way blame the Ref !

Or just assess what happened in an objective way.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Miles Kenlock on 10:52 - Aug 4 with 967 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, way too many soft free kicks get bought off him - needs to be much smarter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Miles Kenlock on 10:54 - Aug 4 with 963 viewsitfc_bucks

Miles Kenlock on 08:19 - Aug 4 by Bluefish

Been saying this since he got his extended shot last year, he's a poor replacement for Jonas and Jonas got dogs abuse for far less an error than Kenlock would make, but since Kenlock is an academy product, he seems immune from criticism.
Miles Kenlock on 10:56 - Aug 4 with 955 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 10:48 - Aug 4 by sparks

Or just assess what happened in an objective way.

Not just what happened yesterday but also what happened last season several times , rightly or wrongly Ref's seem to be convinced that Miles fouls so it is a problem . IMO .
Login to get fewer ads

Miles Kenlock on 11:38 - Aug 4 with 893 viewsGarv

Miles Kenlock on 10:54 - Aug 4 by itfc_bucks

Been saying this since he got his extended shot last year, he's a poor replacement for Jonas and Jonas got dogs abuse for far less an error than Kenlock would make, but since Kenlock is an academy product, he seems immune from criticism.

I'd rather see Kenlock make an error trying to pass forward than Jonas not making an error and not passing forward.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

lollers (n/t) on 11:39 - Aug 4 with 892 viewsDyland

Miles Kenlock on 11:38 - Aug 4 by Garv

I'd rather see Kenlock make an error trying to pass forward than Jonas not making an error and not passing forward.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Miles Kenlock on 11:49 - Aug 4 with 864 viewslongtimefan

Miles Kenlock on 10:56 - Aug 4 by Wickets

Not just what happened yesterday but also what happened last season several times , rightly or wrongly Ref's seem to be convinced that Miles fouls so it is a problem . IMO .

I think the ref was pretty poor in his judgement of fouls for holding yesterday but on occasions Myles didn’t help himself. One particular example in the second half he completely wrapped both arms around the opponent from behind. I doubt a foul would have been given had he kept his arms down.
Miles Kenlock on 12:02 - Aug 4 with 845 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 11:49 - Aug 4 by longtimefan

I think the ref was pretty poor in his judgement of fouls for holding yesterday but on occasions Myles didn’t help himself. One particular example in the second half he completely wrapped both arms around the opponent from behind. I doubt a foul would have been given had he kept his arms down.

And that is what i'm talking about all defenders foul, Miles's fouls always look so obvious . I know he is still young but he needs to learn and learn fast as it looks a though he will play many games this season .
Miles Kenlock on 12:08 - Aug 4 with 829 viewssundaze

After coming into a struggling team last season, I expect young Kenlock and a few others are finding their confidence levels running on empty.
With Town having a good start and hopefully a strong season ahead of them, League 1 is the ideal place for our home grown young talent to learn and develop their game.
Fans need to support the team and encourage players like Kenlock so they are not afraid to play football and in doing so, make less mistakes.
The opposition generally in League 1 will not give our fullbacks so many problems, there should be less mistakes as the confidence grows. If we manage to make it back to the Championship next season we will have a squad that is better equipped than it was last season.
Miles Kenlock on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 798 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 12:08 - Aug 4 by sundaze

After coming into a struggling team last season, I expect young Kenlock and a few others are finding their confidence levels running on empty.
With Town having a good start and hopefully a strong season ahead of them, League 1 is the ideal place for our home grown young talent to learn and develop their game.
Fans need to support the team and encourage players like Kenlock so they are not afraid to play football and in doing so, make less mistakes.
The opposition generally in League 1 will not give our fullbacks so many problems, there should be less mistakes as the confidence grows. If we manage to make it back to the Championship next season we will have a squad that is better equipped than it was last season.

Anybody who was at yesterdays game and indeed the last few games will be no no doubt that Town fans are among the best at supporting all their players young or old. Players improve by their weaknesses being highlighted so they can work to improve them .I would think the Town coaches are doing just that .
Miles Kenlock on 13:20 - Aug 4 with 740 views44_not_out

Phew, I was getting a little worried, we’d gone nearly 24 hours since a negative full back post!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024