Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ball on the deck 08:55 - Aug 4 with 1138 viewsKeaneish

A few things to note from yesterday that bodes well for the season is how much quicker we're moving the ball from defence to attack and how much more incisive our passing is. Unrecognisable at times from last season. We're quick on the counter too.

If we can cut out the silly fouls and mistakes at the back, which I'm sure will happen in time, we'll be in for some good football - finally!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Ball on the deck on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 1087 viewsBluefish

Especially 1st half it was going quick in the air. The biggest difference was that we didn't insist on playing the same way all game as we saw from Lambert, he mixed it with short passing a long balls/passing. It was far more like the football from 14/15. The pleasing bit was how quick we looked to start a move with Holy throwing it out and the intelligence of Norwood, Rowe, Downes and Garbutt to move at pace.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ball on the deck on 12:27 - Aug 4 with 890 viewsWickets

I also thought it was good to see so many getting forward , just look at the goal to see midfielders joining in the attack .This has not happened at Town for a few years long may it continue . Pitman, Waghorn and recently Chambers have made reference to playing on the front foot , i thought when possible yesterday we did try to do so .
Ball on the deck on 14:00 - Aug 4 with 791 viewshaynes_toe1

Eh? We played far more longer balls than last season. There was some ok passing once up top but generally the longer ball into Norwood was our tactic.

Which I have no problem with as we looked far more effective. But we played more longer balls than Burton which is an unusual statistic when they were chasing the game for so long.
Ball on the deck on 14:34 - Aug 4 with 754 viewsWickets

Ball on the deck on 14:00 - Aug 4 by haynes_toe1

Eh? We played far more longer balls than last season. There was some ok passing once up top but generally the longer ball into Norwood was our tactic.

Which I have no problem with as we looked far more effective. But we played more longer balls than Burton which is an unusual statistic when they were chasing the game for so long.

The key is and always has been to mix it up ,for a long while we just lumped it, we had a big gap between a defensive midfield and 1 up front. PL has changed that .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024