Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
However much you are against ME and his expenditure 08:56 - Aug 4 with 1026 viewscarlisleaway

Surely the fans need to back the team with there vocal support, now is the time for solidarity. The main object is to get back to the Championship and with the fans as the 12th man we can help.
No anti Evans or Budgie chants this season.......
However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 995 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think it will subside if we are competitive on the pitch.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:03 - Aug 4 with 984 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I’d argue that noise is noise and that’s what spurs the players on... obviously chants aimed specifically at Marcus Evans aren’t going to helpful but I don’t think there is an issue with Nodge chants.

I only heard one or two ME chants yesterday and it was a handful of people who you could hardly hear from the seated section of the away support so I think it’s been exaggerated somewhat.

Noise levels were superb.
However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:03 - Aug 4 with 990 viewschristiand

I understand what you are saying Carlisleaway, but the problem is there never seems the right time to make thoughts known about ME and his ownership of the club. Some encouraging a protest and then when a percentage of fans make their thoughts known about the owner (like yesterday) others don't like it. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place with this conundrum. Any suggestions?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 9:03]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:06 - Aug 4 with 961 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:03 - Aug 4 by christiand

I understand what you are saying Carlisleaway, but the problem is there never seems the right time to make thoughts known about ME and his ownership of the club. Some encouraging a protest and then when a percentage of fans make their thoughts known about the owner (like yesterday) others don't like it. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place with this conundrum. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure a protest achieves anything.

I wish ME would buy a new CB, but after the last few years I'm fed up with the club and the fans being divided.

If we continue to be competitive, then any protests / negative chants are counter productive.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

However much you are against ME and his expenditure (n/t) on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 938 viewsBluefish

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:00 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it will subside if we are competitive on the pitch.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 9:10]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:12 - Aug 4 with 917 viewschristiand

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:06 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure a protest achieves anything.

I wish ME would buy a new CB, but after the last few years I'm fed up with the club and the fans being divided.

If we continue to be competitive, then any protests / negative chants are counter productive.

With the steady deterioration of the club over the last 12 years, I think ME can count his lucky stars that our fans are so patient and willing to let things go. He's certainly had it easy for far too long.

I'm not sure the fans are divided? When the team plays, I feel the support is fully 100% behind the lads.

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 899 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:12 - Aug 4 by christiand

With the steady deterioration of the club over the last 12 years, I think ME can count his lucky stars that our fans are so patient and willing to let things go. He's certainly had it easy for far too long.

I'm not sure the fans are divided? When the team plays, I feel the support is fully 100% behind the lads.

I see your point, but I don't think 'protested' will achieve anything.

It certainly wont magic a new owner up.

I guess there is a very slim chance that it might persuade him to buy a player.

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:18 - Aug 4 with 874 viewsartsbossbeard

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:03 - Aug 4 by christiand

There were protests though. I walk from the town centre to the ground waving placards was planned but didn't go ahead due to lack of numbers. Following this, the Marcus Evans - Get Out of Our Club facebook page was shut down.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 874 viewsPJH

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:14 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's it.

Trying to get your owner to 'resign' is not a good idea unless you have a new owner lined up.
However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 860 viewsBluefish

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:19 - Aug 4 by PJH

That's it.

Trying to get your owner to 'resign' is not a good idea unless you have a new owner lined up.

Precisely. Expediting it will only mean the due diligence is rushed. He may not be the best but there are PLENTY worse

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:24 - Aug 4 with 837 viewstractorboy1978

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:19 - Aug 4 by PJH

That's it.

It's not so much getting him to resign, more to wake up and start giving the club more focus and attention. Lambert has flagged several issues that fans have been raising for many years though and nothing has changed so perhaps it never will.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 9:25]
However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:27 - Aug 4 with 816 viewsPJH

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:24 - Aug 4 by tractorboy1978

It's not so much getting him to resign, more to wake up and start giving the club more focus and attention. Lambert has flagged several issues that fans have been raising for many years though and nothing has changed so perhaps it never will.

Yes, I understand that and agree but when it comes to 'Evans Out' posts and chants they seem to me to be less than pointless unless there is a new (and better?) buyer waiting in the wings.
However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:30 - Aug 4 with 791 viewschristiand

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:14 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's only been recently that ME has started to grind my gears. I think I'm one of those that gets sucked in by him with his press releases and PR videos, then he still continues on his merry way and nothing changes. A lot of fans bought into a vision during the summer, but what has ME delivered in return for that increased support? I was thinking about this, perhaps if he was more open and honest, addressed us all more regularly and just stated that he is only willing to invest enough to keep us a float with the addition of the odd free transfer that would sit more comfortably. At least then we'd all know where we stand, there's just too many mixed signals.

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 10:27 - Aug 4 with 689 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:30 - Aug 4 by christiand

It's only been recently that ME has started to grind my gears. I think I'm one of those that gets sucked in by him with his press releases and PR videos, then he still continues on his merry way and nothing changes. A lot of fans bought into a vision during the summer, but what has ME delivered in return for that increased support? I was thinking about this, perhaps if he was more open and honest, addressed us all more regularly and just stated that he is only willing to invest enough to keep us a float with the addition of the odd free transfer that would sit more comfortably. At least then we'd all know where we stand, there's just too many mixed signals.

I can see your point.

I'm in the same camp really. Although I just think football (and the money in football) has overtaken ME, and most other clubs.

I wish he would speculate a little more on fees, but can understand his position.

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 10:37 - Aug 4 with 658 viewsMoriarty

I don’t think it’s the criticism that’s so much the issue. More the tastelessness of calling him a c@nt. He was at the game.

A banner saying “Mr Evans, we’re not happy” (or better phrased dignified message) might be more effective and might be more amenable to being reported.

Unity doesn’t preclude criticism. We all want the same thing.

fka omuircheartaigh

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 11:21 - Aug 4 with 602 viewspointofblue

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 10:27 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can see your point.

I'm in the same camp really. Although I just think football (and the money in football) has overtaken ME, and most other clubs.

I wish he would speculate a little more on fees, but can understand his position.

If we hadn’t received anything in sell on fees I would agree with you but it does annoy me that he doesn’t seem to be releasing even this money for signing players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 11:52 - Aug 4 with 561 viewsWD19

However much you are against ME and his expenditure on 09:24 - Aug 4 by tractorboy1978

To be clear it was an exercise in calling him a “C**t” and telling him to “get out of our club”. Neither of which are a plea to spend a bit more time at PR, engage with the fans and/or spend a bit of money on a full back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024