Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? 12:06 - Aug 4 with 4384 viewspointofblue

Lambert: Evans Should Tell the Fans What’s Going On 4th Aug 2019 12:00
Boss Paul Lambert has urged Marcus Evans to “tell the fans what’s going on” in relation to the club’s incoming transfer situation, something he says he expects the Town owner to do. 89

How many players he expects to sign, if any? What the financial situation is? What his expectations are for the season?

It still feels like Lambert is trying to influence or steer Evans via the press either way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:14 - Aug 4 with 3006 viewsdirtyboy

That he doesn’t actually have any money left.

Well, not that would impact his lifestyle.
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:24 - Aug 4 with 2928 viewsTheSelkirk

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:14 - Aug 4 by dirtyboy

I doubt very much that ME has no money left. More likely that he chooses to invest it in areas where there is a far greater / swifter return - as you might expect.
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:35 - Aug 4 with 2871 viewspointofblue

So he basically wants to Evans to tell the fans no more incomings.

That’ll go down well considering the chants yesterday.

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:36 - Aug 4 with 2860 viewsagentp

He wants him to explain the fact that with the current rules, and the squad size we have it's a challenge to bring in the amount we need. When Lambert says "It's the way it is" he means "it's the way it is" not as some are assuming "The way Evans is."

We need a few off the books and a sale to balance the squad I would have thought.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 12:37]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:39 - Aug 4 with 2842 viewsGuthrum

The vast majority of Evans' wealth is tied up in his businesses. It isn't spare cash which can be spent on anything.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:40 - Aug 4 with 2834 viewspointofblue

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:36 - Aug 4 by agentp

He wants him to explain the fact that with the current rules, and the squad size we have it's a challenge to bring in the amount we need. When Lambert says "It's the way it is" he means "it's the way it is" not as some are assuming "The way Evans is."

We need a few off the books and a sale to balance the squad I would have thought.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 12:37]

The problem is who can we let go of before bringing someone in without leaving us short of cover? Roberts possibly; Emmanuel perhaps as Chambers can move to right back with Skuse as emergency centre back? We’ve got quite a few central midfielders but quite a few are injured.

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:41 - Aug 4 with 2821 viewspointofblue

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:39 - Aug 4 by Guthrum

The vast majority of Evans' wealth is tied up in his businesses. It isn't spare cash which can be spent on anything.

As I’ve said elsewhere, my gripe is with the sell on fees which we’re receiving. It’s unexpected income, he wouldn’t have budgeted for it, why not use it to boost the squad?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:41 - Aug 4 with 2815 viewsfooters

Then why doesn't he just flog his businesses and fund ITFC properly?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:43 - Aug 4 with 2796 viewsagentp

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:40 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

The problem is who can we let go of before bringing someone in without leaving us short of cover? Roberts possibly; Emmanuel perhaps as Chambers can move to right back with Skuse as emergency centre back? We’ve got quite a few central midfielders but quite a few are injured.

Quite, and there lies the problem. I would imagine - pre injury issues, we were looking to shift a midfielder and a few fringe players. Those injuries have a financial impact too.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:43 - Aug 4 with 2796 viewssparks

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:41 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

As I’ve said elsewhere, my gripe is with the sell on fees which we’re receiving. It’s unexpected income, he wouldn’t have budgeted for it, why not use it to boost the squad?

Because its reducing the deficit and we are probably going to be struggling FFP wise. Its not as simple as looking at the fees- because the wages have to be sustainable too.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 12:44]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:45 - Aug 4 with 2775 viewsagentp

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:41 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

It would have been budgeted for to some degree - it certainly isn't unexpected.

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 2776 viewstractorboy1978

If the whole of the Harrison fee went to Bristol Rovers because we still owed instalments, I would guess we still owe considerable amounts re Jackson, Donacien, Edwards, Nsiala and Nolan too. Is that eating up the sell ons?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 12:54]
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:47 - Aug 4 with 2749 viewsGarv

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:46 - Aug 4 by tractorboy1978

If the whole of the Harrison fee went to Bristol Rovers because we still owed instalments, I would guess we still owe considerable amounts re Jackson, Donacien, Edwards, Nsiala and Nolan too. Is that eating up the sell ons?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 12:54]

Bristol Rovers have got enough of the money, we don't need it going to City as well!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 2724 viewsTrequartista

Evans will come out and talk about the ffp rules in League One and extra he has to put in to pay the wages - basically things we already know - and everyone will be pacified for another season till it all blows up again in about 12 months time.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 2695 viewsWD19

Has a very faint air of Lambert rowing back from his petulant press conference performance. Suspect somebody has reminded him of his responsibilities and pointed out what ‘all pulling in the same direction’ actually means.

Mostly it just has a slightly different vibe because we won.
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:54 - Aug 4 with 2678 viewstractorboy1978

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:47 - Aug 4 by Garv

Bristol Rovers have got enough of the money, we don't need it going to City as well!

Edited
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:04 - Aug 4 with 2616 viewspointofblue

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:45 - Aug 4 by agentp

It would have been budgeted for to some degree - it certainly isn't unexpected.

How would we have raised it otherwise? Perhaps we would have accepted lower bids for Bialkowski and Judge?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:06 - Aug 4 with 2595 viewsagentp

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:04 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

How would we have raised it otherwise? Perhaps we would have accepted lower bids for Bialkowski and Judge?

We would be fully aware that we were likely to receive funds by sell-ons. They wouldn't be unexpected.

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:09 - Aug 4 with 2584 viewschristiand

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:35 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

So he basically wants to Evans to tell the fans no more incomings.

That’ll go down well considering the chants yesterday.

If that's the case, then at least we all know the situation and we aren't pinning our hopes on any new additions. In a way, it might not be a bad thing and PL will just have to get on with the job in hand with the squad he has available.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:12 - Aug 4 with 2557 viewsagentp

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:09 - Aug 4 by christiand

If that's the case, then at least we all know the situation and we aren't pinning our hopes on any new additions. In a way, it might not be a bad thing and PL will just have to get on with the job in hand with the squad he has available.

But there would be little point in doing that. I am sure he wants to explain the risks of breaking SCMP now and the opportunities SCMP may (league position depending) present later on in the season. The injuries have probably thwarted the plan a little.

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:13 - Aug 4 with 2553 viewschristiand

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:12 - Aug 4 by agentp

But there would be little point in doing that. I am sure he wants to explain the risks of breaking SCMP now and the opportunities SCMP may (league position depending) present later on in the season. The injuries have probably thwarted the plan a little.

Might stop a lot of the frustration if ME was more upfront with us all. Just spit-balling, like everyone else.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 13:14]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:14 - Aug 4 with 2546 viewsBackToRussia

He should have put on a few more conferences for arms' dealers then. Guns for a right back.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:15 - Aug 4 with 2526 viewshomer_123

Maybe Lambert should concentrate on the football.

Rather he didnt undo all the good work undertaken behind the scenes last year.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:19 - Aug 4 with 2485 viewsbrogansnose

Communication and relating to customers in business is key - in our case its fans / supporters - which has always been left to others to do until very recently. He needs to do this to keep people on board as much as possible even though it might not be what people want to hear. Failing to do this leads to a vacuum which leads to negativism which helps nobody.
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:19 - Aug 4 with 2469 viewsagentp

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:13 - Aug 4 by christiand

Might stop a lot of the frustration if ME was more upfront with us all. Just spit-balling, like everyone else.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 13:14]

The trouble is if you state a plan people hold you to it even when circumstances change. Remaining silent does give you the flexibility to respond to change. The last thing he would also want to do is alert other teams/agents/whoever about his longer term plan. I think ME should absolutely be more open with the fans, but not the clubs cost.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024