Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 15:28 - Aug 4 with 2102 viewsTown_Boy

Can’t wait to here what he has to say inside his box with the ground in the background

If you were Evans would you not be annoyed that the manager has come out and called him out..

I don’t think Lambert and Evans are as good friends as they say in interviews

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Evans on 15:30 - Aug 4 with 1733 viewsGarv

I'm sure Evans knows Lambert by now (probably before he employed him) and knows he's likely to speak his mind. Lambert probably told Evans he was going to tell the press he thinks Evans should speak to the fans.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Evans on 15:31 - Aug 4 with 1723 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert is right though. If Evans isn't even going to provide the basics (we need another striker, regardless of budgets etc, we simply NEED a striker) then he should explain why.

Lambert might well be covering himself but his interests and ours are aligned and it's nice to hear our manager being honest about what Evans' level of finance means for the club. It's better than pretending we can compete at Championship level (like MM and Evans did for years).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans on 15:34 - Aug 4 with 1700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's all quite boring and embarrassing now, I just want the transfer window to close and for PL to get on with what he's got.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans on 15:36 - Aug 4 with 1681 viewsjeera

Evans on 15:31 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Lambert is right though. If Evans isn't even going to provide the basics (we need another striker, regardless of budgets etc, we simply NEED a striker) then he should explain why.

Lambert might well be covering himself but his interests and ours are aligned and it's nice to hear our manager being honest about what Evans' level of finance means for the club. It's better than pretending we can compete at Championship level (like MM and Evans did for years).

It's kinda the opposite of Mick's approach isn't it.

He seemed to accept his lot whereas Lambert wants others to know the constraints he is under isn't through his choice.

He really isn't prepared to shoulder any blame alone.

Fair enough really, but a bit amusing how he's treating his multi-millionaire boss like a naughty kid.

Clearly doesn't need the job or the money.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans on 15:39 - Aug 4 with 1668 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans on 15:36 - Aug 4 by jeera

It's kinda the opposite of Mick's approach isn't it.

He seemed to accept his lot whereas Lambert wants others to know the constraints he is under isn't through his choice.

He really isn't prepared to shoulder any blame alone.

Fair enough really, but a bit amusing how he's treating his multi-millionaire boss like a naughty kid.

Clearly doesn't need the job or the money.

Even if all it does is make Evans come out and say "I am not prepared to put any more money in" that's fine. I just want some honesty. We need a striker but if Evans is honest with us and says one won't be coming then fine, at least all this BS about being a great owner will stop as he will no longer be providing the basics.

If we had Sears fit, I would be happy with the squad. Fact is we need another striker. Even if he said we need to sell Dozzell to bring in the -2 players we need then that is fine. I'm not asking him to throw millions at it. I'm asking for honesty.

Truly impaired.

Evans on 15:42 - Aug 4 with 1643 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 15:39 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Even if all it does is make Evans come out and say "I am not prepared to put any more money in" that's fine. I just want some honesty. We need a striker but if Evans is honest with us and says one won't be coming then fine, at least all this BS about being a great owner will stop as he will no longer be providing the basics.

If we had Sears fit, I would be happy with the squad. Fact is we need another striker. Even if he said we need to sell Dozzell to bring in the -2 players we need then that is fine. I'm not asking him to throw millions at it. I'm asking for honesty.

It ain't gonna happen.

It's not the norm for owners to make statements explaining themselves to fans.

Can only really think of Accrington and Peterboro owners who do that kind of thing, and thats mainly to feed their own ego.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Evans on 15:47 - Aug 4 with 1611 viewsPJH

Evans on 15:42 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

It ain't gonna happen.

Can only really think of Accrington and Peterboro owners who do that kind of thing, and thats mainly to feed their own ego.

The Bolton previous owner (Anderson) and the current Bury one had and have a lot to say but I don't think that helped their cause(s).
Evans on 15:50 - Aug 4 with 1597 viewsReusersTown

Evans on 15:31 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Pretend to compete at championship level?
Login to get fewer ads

Evans on 15:50 - Aug 4 with 1597 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans on 15:42 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

It ain't gonna happen.

Well he pretty much has to say something now. I'm sure it will be the usual spin and then business as normal.

Truly impaired.

Evans on 16:00 - Aug 4 with 1533 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 15:50 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Well he pretty much has to say something now. I'm sure it will be the usual spin and then business as normal.

I doubt he will.

If he makes an announcement he will look like Lambert b1tch.

Evans on 16:02 - Aug 4 with 1522 viewsNaylorsboots

I dont know why he ever got involved in football. He cant or doesnt seem to want to compete transfer wise. For a club our size we need someone who is going to keep us competitive. He isnt interested. So why he got involved l will never know.
Evans on 16:05 - Aug 4 with 1506 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:02 - Aug 4 by Naylorsboots

I dont know why he ever got involved in football. He cant or doesnt seem to want to compete transfer wise. For a club our size we need someone who is going to keep us competitive. He isnt interested. So why he got involved l will never know.

He did try to compete, but backed the wrong manager.

Unfortunately now he's left holding the baby and he's not it's dad.

Evans on 16:05 - Aug 4 with 1506 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans on 15:50 - Aug 4 by ReusersTown

Pretend to compete at championship level?

Evans went on about his 'investment plan' and said he really believed we could compete on the pitch at the right end of the table. We did for 1-2 seasons thanks to MM's brilliance. Soon enough due to inadequate funding and selling off of key players replaced by average players we began to slide.

Truly impaired.

Evans on 16:06 - Aug 4 with 1494 viewsbraveblue

Speaking the truth to the fans should not be a big deal.
Evans on 16:06 - Aug 4 with 1493 viewsDublinBlue84

Takeover?

Yeah, I'm not serious but make you think :)

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Evans on 16:08 - Aug 4 with 1487 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:06 - Aug 4 by braveblue

Speaking the truth to the fans should not be a big deal.

Evans isn't going to change.

PL needs to stop being a pussy and get on with his job.

Evans on 16:09 - Aug 4 with 1476 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:06 - Aug 4 by DublinBlue84

Takeover?

Yeah, I'm not serious but make you think :)

Laurence Bassini was at the match.

Evans on 16:11 - Aug 4 with 1460 viewsNaylorsboots

Evans on 16:08 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Evans isn't going to change.

PL needs to stop being a pussy and get on with his job.

I dont think he is being a pussy. Its about time someone called Evans out. He is killing this club.
Evans on 16:14 - Aug 4 with 1437 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:11 - Aug 4 by Naylorsboots

I dont think he is being a pussy. Its about time someone called Evans out. He is killing this club.

PL has one of the best squads in the league, he needs to get on with it.

Surrounding the club with negativity is not good.

Evans on 16:15 - Aug 4 with 1427 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans on 16:14 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

We need a striker. A loan until January would be fine. Not asking for the world.

Truly impaired.

Evans on 16:17 - Aug 4 with 1419 viewsNaylorsboots

Evans on 16:14 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most of the squad is injured. We need a centre half and striker at the least. Its about time Evans backed his manager.
Evans on 16:17 - Aug 4 with 1416 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:15 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

We need a striker. A loan until January would be fine. Not asking for the world.

I completely agree.

But Im not sure this public fighting with the owner is the way to sort that.

I'm increasingly wondering whether Evans wider empire isn't crumbling.

Evans on 16:19 - Aug 4 with 1403 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans on 16:17 - Aug 4 by Naylorsboots

Most of the squad is injured. We need a centre half and striker at the least. Its about time Evans backed his manager.

Even with injuries we have a better matchday squad than most.

Yes we could improve it, but Lambert coming across like a moaning drunk in a pub isn't that helpful.

Evans on 16:20 - Aug 4 with 1395 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans on 16:17 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I completely agree.

But Im not sure this public fighting with the owner is the way to sort that.

I'm increasingly wondering whether Evans wider empire isn't crumbling.

Not really fighting with him. Just asking for a bit of clarification on what is happening. We have no claim to his personal fortune. If he doesn't want to put any more money in and wants to offset as much of the deficit as possible then say that. If we go into the season with two fit strikers I will seriously question him. I don't believe Roberts is a striker. He might do a job there at times but another proper striker is needed.

Truly impaired.

Evans on 16:26 - Aug 4 with 1372 viewsNaylorsboots

Evans on 16:19 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Even with injuries we have a better matchday squad than most.

Yes we could improve it, but Lambert coming across like a moaning drunk in a pub isn't that helpful.

I think he has every right to moan. Evans is the owner, he should back his managers judgement. We want to get back up as soon as possible, so get it done while we have a half decent squad. If Lambert feels we need a couple more then trust his opinion. Because after this season our better players will be sold and then we could be down here or lower for a very long time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024