Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped 09:22 - Aug 5 with 651 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/aug/05/national-trust-brings-sutton-hoo

Insert your own joke about Suffolk institutions with a glorious history of which little evidence remains....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped on 09:25 - Aug 5 with 631 viewsitfcjoe

I've never actually been there, should go really

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped on 09:26 - Aug 5 with 632 viewsGeoffSentence

I have to admit, although the visitor centre is great, I found the burial mounds somewhat underwhelming. More so because they were actually flattened by ploughing over the years, so the mounds you see there aren't the original burial mounds, but some heaps of dirt piled up by workmen in the twentieth century.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped on 09:29 - Aug 5 with 624 viewsfactual_blue

The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped on 09:26 - Aug 5 by GeoffSentence

I have to admit, although the visitor centre is great, I found the burial mounds somewhat underwhelming. More so because they were actually flattened by ploughing over the years, so the mounds you see there aren't the original burial mounds, but some heaps of dirt piled up by workmen in the twentieth century.

You haven't seen the new visitors' centre: it opens this morning.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped on 10:21 - Aug 5 with 574 viewsGeoffSentence

The Sutton Hoo Exhibition is being revamped on 09:29 - Aug 5 by factual_blue

You haven't seen the new visitors' centre: it opens this morning.

No, I was referring to the old visitors centre, which was good. The old mounds were cr@p though, hope they've put in new ones of them too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024