Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FOOOTBALL 11:29 - Aug 5 with 880 viewsDyland

I was completely undercooked for the season opener. Not remotely excited. Until the second half counted down and we were still leading. Little yeess at the final whistle. Now I'm already getting excited for Saturday, oh dear.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

FOOOTBALL on 11:33 - Aug 5 with 836 viewsDarth_Koont

Same here.

For a new and a bit makeshift team it was a much better team performance than I was expecting. And Saturday is going to be huuuuge.

Pronouns: He/Him

FOOOTBALL on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 792 viewsDyland

FOOOTBALL on 11:33 - Aug 5 by Darth_Koont

Same here.

For a new and a bit makeshift team it was a much better team performance than I was expecting. And Saturday is going to be huuuuge.

Just makes the Evans chanting and PL whinging even more silly and untimely, when there's a vociferous minority who can't read any nuance into the situation or think rationally. Let's see how we get on during August please. I don't disagree with the anti Evans sentiment, but singing he's a canute is pretty pathetic.

FOOOTBALL on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 765 viewsMullet

Was the same. Very tense on the terrace during the 8th minute of injury time, and I was already clammy.

I still think Burton looked like a midtable team who had been hobbled a bit, and we were very lopsided. But getting a win in those circumstances is massive. We're so used to losing, that another one would have just tipped us all in the emotional bin.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

FOOOTBALL on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 746 viewsmrshallisfit

FOOOTBALL on 11:42 - Aug 5 by Dyland

Just makes the Evans chanting and PL whinging even more silly and untimely, when there's a vociferous minority who can't read any nuance into the situation or think rationally. Let's see how we get on during August please. I don't disagree with the anti Evans sentiment, but singing he's a canute is pretty pathetic.

I agree with the chanting being pretty immature. But that is partly the consequence of Evan's lack of communication with the fans.
FOOOTBALL on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 741 viewsDyland

FOOOTBALL on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Mullet

Was the same. Very tense on the terrace during the 8th minute of injury time, and I was already clammy.

I still think Burton looked like a midtable team who had been hobbled a bit, and we were very lopsided. But getting a win in those circumstances is massive. We're so used to losing, that another one would have just tipped us all in the emotional bin.

I was cooking and drinking in the sun so not especially engaged tbh ;)

Buzzing already for Saturday though, which seems waaaay too early. No doubt Judge and Dozzers will go this week, Norris and Huws get injured in training, and MEG announce the last bar in the Upper North will close.

:)

FOOOTBALL on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 739 viewsDarth_Koont

FOOOTBALL on 11:42 - Aug 5 by Dyland

Agreed. Unfortunately, I think there are still a few too many people who think that Evans doesn't want the team to succeed but wants to "asset strip" us or is somehow making money from all this.

They need to forget those obvious falsehoods and get behind the club, realising that we all basically want the same thing. Constructive criticism of Evans, Lambert and the team is still perfectly possible and even valuable within that context.

FOOOTBALL on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 726 viewsDarth_Koont

FOOOTBALL on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Mullet

Yes, I thought Burton were pretty ineffective and I'm sure we'll be up against sharper attackers than Akins and Boyce for all that they threw their size and weight around.

But we'll hopefully have a stronger and more settled backline by then. Would have been interesting to see how they did against Nsiala in particular.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024