Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake 12:04 - Aug 5 with 2389 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

What. The. Actual. Hell.
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:05 - Aug 5 with 2055 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was rumoured that Chelsea had a buy back option.

It would be funny if they had a buy back option but couldnt activate it!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:05 - Aug 5 with 2046 viewsKieran_Knows

As someone said the other day, £70m is the new £20m.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:07 - Aug 5 with 2034 viewsWeekender

In other words they dont want to sell.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:08 - Aug 5 with 2023 viewsThatMuhrenCross

As I keep saying in these situations, it doesn't matter what we, the public, perceive the value of a player to be - it's about his value to the selling club. Bournemouth see him as a key component of them staying in the Premier League and also know he'd be expensive to replace. They'll do everything they can to keep him.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:13 - Aug 5 with 1976 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why are people still surprised by this?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 1929 viewsitfcjoe

Compare it to the Maguire deal

Younger, capped for Holland, proven PL performer, 3 years left on his deal.

Why would they ask for a lot less?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 1862 viewsGarv

It's just numbers.

Back when the transfer window was starting to become entertainment, Sky Sports, deadline day etc, I enjoyed it. Now it's just tacky and awful. Also sometimes find it hard to have a conversation with someone about the transfer window (PL) when they're clearly quite excited by it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:36 - Aug 5 with 1822 viewsfooters

That's it. 5 mil for Janoi the boy or he's staying put.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:37 - Aug 5 with 1822 viewsTractorWood

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:13 - Aug 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Why are people still surprised by this?

Agree. The heightened TV revenues have just resulted in higher transfer fees and wages that are recycled amongst the Prem.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:47 - Aug 5 with 1764 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:37 - Aug 5 by TractorWood

Agree. The heightened TV revenues have just resulted in higher transfer fees and wages that are recycled amongst the Prem.

It was always gonna be that way, the flow of income in football is;

Fans -> TV -> Premier League -> Clubs -> Players -> Agents...... and start again.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 12:48]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:48 - Aug 5 with 1761 viewsHerbivore

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:37 - Aug 5 by TractorWood

Although it's starting to filter down to the Championship too. A few Champ players have gone for over £20m this summer. That's higher than our entire annual turnover last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:49 - Aug 5 with 1748 viewsTractorCam

Football has gone mad, but it's only really mad if Leicester pay it.

Bournemouth valuing him at that is saying he's not for sale.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:49 - Aug 5 with 1738 viewsElderGrizzly

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:05 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was rumoured that Chelsea had a buy back option.

It would be funny if they had a buy back option but couldnt activate it!

Another one Chelsea have let go due to short-termism and could live to regret
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 1733 viewsElderGrizzly

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:05 - Aug 5 by Kieran_Knows

As someone said the other day, £70m is the new £20m.

Wasn’t that genius you? ;)
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:52 - Aug 5 with 1721 viewsfactual_blue

How much is our sell-on worth?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:16 - Aug 5 with 1589 viewsCaptainAhab

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:49 - Aug 5 by ElderGrizzly

Another one Chelsea have let go due to short-termism and could live to regret

It's not short-termism, it's their entire youth policy/business plan. They make an awful lot of money loaning players out then selling them on. Always going to be the odd one or two in there they could have made more on, but I'm sure they'll be happy enough with the extra sell on fee.
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:27 - Aug 5 with 1545 viewsNaylorsboots

For this reason alone Judge has to be worth 2 million in their crazy market. An international as well. Time we started sticking out for the higher numbers
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 1512 viewsFtnfwest

Want and get are two different things, mind you him for about £60m say I would say is better business than maguire for £80m.
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 1509 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:27 - Aug 5 by Naylorsboots

For this reason alone Judge has to be worth 2 million in their crazy market. An international as well. Time we started sticking out for the higher numbers

We did, didn't we. Not by naming a price but simply turning down everything they offered - repeatedly.

As for the idea of Chelsea being denied first option, you will probably find they can find a way to circumvent their transfer ban on it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 1502 viewsKieran_Knows

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 12:50 - Aug 5 by ElderGrizzly

Wasn’t that genius you? ;)

Ha, it wasn't. Someone said it before me I believe (I was just copying them)!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:46 - Aug 5 with 1429 viewsElderGrizzly

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:16 - Aug 5 by CaptainAhab

It's not short-termism, it's their entire youth policy/business plan. They make an awful lot of money loaning players out then selling them on. Always going to be the odd one or two in there they could have made more on, but I'm sure they'll be happy enough with the extra sell on fee.

I meant not from a money perspective, but short-termism from having a player on their books who goes on to another of their rivals or they buy back at a hugely inflated price
Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:57 - Aug 5 with 1383 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:16 - Aug 5 by CaptainAhab

This. Easy to cherry pick examples like De Bruyne and go ‘I bet Chelsea wish they’d held onto him’ but that misses the point that the overall process makes them millions and has been hugely successful on the pitch too, at least until Man City and Liverpool have taken spending to a whole new level of late

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:58 - Aug 5 with 1375 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:46 - Aug 5 by ElderGrizzly

I meant not from a money perspective, but short-termism from having a player on their books who goes on to another of their rivals or they buy back at a hugely inflated price

But for that one player there are 10+ that go and they never have any desire to bring back...

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:58 - Aug 5 with 1374 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:32 - Aug 5 by Ftnfwest

Want and get are two different things, mind you him for about £60m say I would say is better business than maguire for £80m.

Surely the point is that Bournemouth aren’t looking to get anything...

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 14:07 - Aug 5 with 1344 viewsFtnfwest

Bournemouth want £75m for Nathan Ake on 13:58 - Aug 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely the point is that Bournemouth aren’t looking to get anything...

Absolutely, but if they were it’s probably a bit less than £75m. You don’t start at your final price after all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024