Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore 19:19 - Aug 5 with 1854 viewsPendejo

We sold him to Barnsley and inserted a sell on clause which means we get a windfall.

BUT Forest Green Rovers had a sell on clause that profited from our sell on clause. OK I get it that its a % of our profit, and our profit increased with the sale to Wigan... and I always thought the mentions of sell on clauses for Bent as he made his various moves were levelled as jokes...

So if Mings, Moore, Clarke or Webster get sold to Manchester City for gazillions next season we will get a slice?

Here's hoping they all have fab seasons!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:21 - Aug 5 with 1811 viewsHerbivore

Sell on entitles you to a share of any profit made by the club you sold him to, so yep we will get a share of any future sell ons those clubs receive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:28 - Aug 5 with 1755 viewsrosseden

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:21 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Sell on entitles you to a share of any profit made by the club you sold him to, so yep we will get a share of any future sell ons those clubs receive.

some do have a clause which means you only get it 1 or 2 sales along, depends on the contract i believe, some arent in perpetuity

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:35 - Aug 5 with 1727 viewsFreddies_Ears

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:28 - Aug 5 by rosseden

some do have a clause which means you only get it 1 or 2 sales along, depends on the contract i believe, some arent in perpetuity

Perpetual sell-ons are rare, the most famous being when Les Ferdinand left Hayes & Yeading (?) for QPR. His original club did very well on each subsequent move!
Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:42 - Aug 5 with 1692 viewsrosseden

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 19:35 - Aug 5 by Freddies_Ears

Perpetual sell-ons are rare, the most famous being when Les Ferdinand left Hayes & Yeading (?) for QPR. His original club did very well on each subsequent move!

i think theyre starting to be leveraged more in deals now, given the jumps in fees, i can see it happening more too.

The interesting one for me, player X starts off at non league, perpetuity sell on clause goes in, goes to League 2, clause is passed on to all future deals and everyone mirrors it, then Championship club take a punt, then gets to the Prem for 30m or something. So everyone does well, what happens if he goes on to have a managerial career, how does it work then if he changes clubs and fees get paid in compo?!

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:02 - Aug 5 with 1566 viewsyorkshire

It will depend if those clubs have a sell on clause as well - so for example - with Clarke - if he goes to Man City for more then Brighton paid for him then if Portsmouth have a sell on clause that nets them money then we will get our percentage of that (as they have made more profit) - if Portsmouth don't have that sell on clause then we won't get anything (as they won't)
Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:08 - Aug 5 with 1540 viewsPhilTWTD

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:02 - Aug 5 by yorkshire

It will depend if those clubs have a sell on clause as well - so for example - with Clarke - if he goes to Man City for more then Brighton paid for him then if Portsmouth have a sell on clause that nets them money then we will get our percentage of that (as they have made more profit) - if Portsmouth don't have that sell on clause then we won't get anything (as they won't)

Indeed, it's per cent of profit and if there's a further sell-on then that profit increases, albeit belatedly. We made £20,000 or so when Jordan Rhodes moved from Blackburn to Middlesbrough, for example.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:10 - Aug 5 with 1516 viewsSteve_M

The Bent joke was that Charlton paid us more of he played for England and someone, possibly only once, asked if we got money for him playing for England after they had sold him.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 20:25]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:13 - Aug 5 with 1475 viewsSpruceMoose

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:10 - Aug 5 by Steve_M

The Bent joke was that Charlton paid us more of he played for England and someone, possibly only once, asked if we got money for him playing for England after they had sold him.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 20:25]

Been on the sauce Steve?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:25 - Aug 5 with 1410 viewsSteve_M

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:13 - Aug 5 by SpruceMoose

Been on the sauce Steve?

Bloody iPad.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:26 - Aug 5 with 1400 viewsSpruceMoose

Did I read that correctly re Kiefer Moore on 20:25 - Aug 5 by Steve_M

Bloody iPad.

Yeah that iWine app is a killer!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024