Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden 21:57 - Aug 5 with 2108 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

I thought Luke had an excellent game in his first at this level. Surprised I've not read any praise from PL about Luke's header off the line which saved us 2 points, or have I missed it?

Remembering Luke's debut at Crystal Palace when he kept Andros Townsend quiet could he fill the RB gap. Donacien was unconvincing and Chambers will be back on Saturday.

A few games at Swindon in that position too so no stranger to that playing there.

Thoughts please?
Luke Woolfenden on 22:02 - Aug 5 with 2050 viewsBluefish

I think he has received universal praise for his performance

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Luke Woolfenden on 22:06 - Aug 5 with 2026 viewsSitfcB

“I thought Luke Woolfenden did well. I don’t think there was one failure in that team.” - Lambert

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Luke Woolfenden on 22:08 - Aug 5 with 2001 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Luke Woolfenden on 22:06 - Aug 5 by SitfcB

“I thought Luke Woolfenden did well. I don’t think there was one failure in that team.” - Lambert

Thanks, I'd missed that
Luke Woolfenden on 22:17 - Aug 5 with 1956 viewsSuperblue95

He’s a centre back and should play at centre back. We have right backs so they should play at right back.

We’ve had 10 years of square pegs in round holes. We need to play players in their strongest positions

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Luke Woolfenden on 22:19 - Aug 5 with 1949 viewsNazemariner

I only saw his clearance from Saturday, and that was great defending. Going by what i saw of him before we loaned him to Swindon, i think he'll play regularly for us this season.

I think he will play alongside Chambo until Nsiala returns, and perhaps even keep his place there. We are pretty well stocked at the back now even if it's not of the quality some might like.
Luke Woolfenden on 22:20 - Aug 5 with 1941 viewspointofblue

Luke Woolfenden on 22:17 - Aug 5 by Superblue95

He’s a centre back and should play at centre back. We have right backs so they should play at right back.

We’ve had 10 years of square pegs in round holes. We need to play players in their strongest positions

I don't think Lambert rates either of our right back options, though. Will we bring in a loan or a free transfer for that position? I'm not sure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Luke Woolfenden on 22:23 - Aug 5 with 1927 viewsSuperblue95

Luke Woolfenden on 22:20 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

I don't think Lambert rates either of our right back options, though. Will we bring in a loan or a free transfer for that position? I'm not sure.

No I think he’d get shot of both of them in a heartbeat if he could but is essentially stuck with them.

Personally I think they are fine for this level

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Luke Woolfenden on 07:30 - Aug 6 with 1642 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Luke Woolfenden on 22:23 - Aug 5 by Superblue95

No I think he’d get shot of both of them in a heartbeat if he could but is essentially stuck with them.

Personally I think they are fine for this level

Agreed. And would be such a waste for LW to be played at RB.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden on 07:35 - Aug 6 with 1624 viewstextbackup

Luke Woolfenden on 22:19 - Aug 5 by Nazemariner

I only saw his clearance from Saturday, and that was great defending. Going by what i saw of him before we loaned him to Swindon, i think he'll play regularly for us this season.

I think he will play alongside Chambo until Nsiala returns, and perhaps even keep his place there. We are pretty well stocked at the back now even if it's not of the quality some might like.

by all accounts the wolf is a far better footballer than toto, as much as I like toto, both will play a big part this season IMO. toto in games that need a presence like him at the back, and the wolf in games where we have the ball and passing it about nicely

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Woolfenden on 08:08 - Aug 6 with 1540 viewsRadlett_blue

Luke Woolfenden on 22:06 - Aug 5 by SitfcB

Lambert has continually misled us and contradicted himself with these sort of statements, rather like most managers. I would read nothing into his comments.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Luke Woolfenden on 08:16 - Aug 6 with 1505 viewsOsborneOneNil

Luke Woolfenden on 22:19 - Aug 5 by Nazemariner

Maybe we’ll use Wolf and Toto.....
Luke Woolfenden on 08:28 - Aug 6 with 1464 viewsblueislander

Luke Woolfenden on 08:16 - Aug 6 by OsborneOneNil

That is the obvious thing to do. Chambers’ lack of mobility, and his propensity to hoof are why the first choice Centre backs should be Woolfenden and Nsiala imo.
Luke Woolfenden on 09:16 - Aug 6 with 1407 viewsNazemariner

Luke Woolfenden on 08:16 - Aug 6 by OsborneOneNil

Chambo is the first name on the teamsheet. Skips not long since signed a new deal.
Luke Woolfenden on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 1332 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Woolfenden on 08:28 - Aug 6 by blueislander

That is the obvious thing to do. Chambers’ lack of mobility, and his propensity to hoof are why the first choice Centre backs should be Woolfenden and Nsiala imo.

I like your notion that Nsiala has got more 'football' in him than Chambers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:16 - Aug 6 with 1309 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Woolfenden on 22:20 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Chambo. Definite info.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Luke Woolfenden on 11:21 - Aug 6 with 1263 viewsblueislander

Luke Woolfenden on 10:10 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

I like your notion that Nsiala has got more 'football' in him than Chambers.

Nsiala is still developing. Chambers is a lost cause hoofball wise.
Luke Woolfenden on 11:25 - Aug 6 with 1251 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Woolfenden on 11:21 - Aug 6 by blueislander

Nsiala is still developing. Chambers is a lost cause hoofball wise.

Nsiala is what? 27? He'll be retired before he even gets as 'football' as Chambo as this rate of development!

Luke Woolfenden on 11:42 - Aug 6 with 1211 viewsblueislander

Luke Woolfenden on 11:25 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

Nsiala is what? 27? He'll be retired before he even gets as 'football' as Chambo as this rate of development!

We will agree to differ until one or other of us is proved right or wrong by performances .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024