Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland fans 23:24 - Aug 5 with 3330 viewsradiogaga

Just been on their forums to gage the mood up there ahead of Saturday, and it ain't good.

The general consensus is that they think they look like a really poor side and don't think are good enough to get promoted. Predictions for Saturday are currently largely in favour of a win for us. The pressure has cranked up a notch on Jack Ross after Saturday, with the majority having lost patience with him and claiming the football is too negative and lacking cohesion. They were booed off on Saturday against Oxford.

Hopefully we get at them from the off and get an early goal like we did on Saturday. Even at this early point in the season, it strikes as being a really big game for them (and Ross in particular).
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 23:24]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Sunderland fans on 23:35 - Aug 5 with 3241 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I was at the stadium of light on Sat and they weren't heavily booed.

They are not a poor side, but do lack pace and cutting edge. New CB Willis was a bit nervous on his debut.

I can't see them competing for the automatic places.

Their fans were behind them, but we're very quick to turn.

They head down to the bars on 35 mins!!

Watmore, Leadbitter and McGeady were on the bench on Sat, if they play I expect them to make a difference.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sunderland fans on 23:43 - Aug 5 with 3179 viewsTractorWood

Sunderland fans on 23:35 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

They are not a poor side, but do lack pace and cutting edge. New CB Willis was a bit nervous on his debut.

Watmore, Leadbitter and McGeady were on the bench on Sat, if they play I expect them to make a difference.

They should be 3 excellent players at this level. I suspect they'll be in the mix at the end of the season even if they don't turn up for long spells.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sunderland fans on 23:52 - Aug 5 with 3138 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sunderland fans on 23:43 - Aug 5 by TractorWood

They should be 3 excellent players at this level. I suspect they'll be in the mix at the end of the season even if they don't turn up for long spells.

Watmore and McGeady are crocks, hopefully they don't get a good run of games.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sunderland fans on 04:26 - Aug 6 with 2932 viewsSaigonTractor

You know I was initially worried about having Sunderland as our second game, but this might actually be a very good time to play them.
Sunderland fans on 06:08 - Aug 6 with 2804 viewsdickie

Sunderland fans on 04:26 - Aug 6 by SaigonTractor

You know I was initially worried about having Sunderland as our second game, but this might actually be a very good time to play them.

I don't understand your avatar
Sunderland fans on 06:32 - Aug 6 with 2740 viewsSaigonTractor

Sunderland fans on 06:08 - Aug 6 by dickie

I don't understand your avatar

I live in Saigon, also known as Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam. My avatar is the Vietnam flag.
Sunderland fans on 06:38 - Aug 6 with 2705 viewsCoco

Sunderland fans on 06:32 - Aug 6 by SaigonTractor

I live in Saigon, also known as Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam. My avatar is the Vietnam flag.

No it’s the Norwich badge.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sunderland fans on 06:43 - Aug 6 with 2690 viewsSaigonTractor

Sunderland fans on 06:38 - Aug 6 by Coco

No it’s the Norwich badge.

On my screen it wasn't showing it had been changed, is it back now?

Turns out some friends at my office changed it yesterday while I was away from my computer. No wonder people were confused.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland fans on 08:06 - Aug 6 with 2331 viewsdickie

Sunderland fans on 06:43 - Aug 6 by SaigonTractor

On my screen it wasn't showing it had been changed, is it back now?

Turns out some friends at my office changed it yesterday while I was away from my computer. No wonder people were confused.

Haha b*stards! Still the budgie badgie
Sunderland fans on 08:29 - Aug 6 with 2215 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sunderland fans on 23:35 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure heading for a pint ten mins before half time is exclusive to Sunderland fans!

RIP Sir Bobby

Sunderland fans on 08:30 - Aug 6 with 2208 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sunderland fans on 08:29 - Aug 6 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm not sure heading for a pint ten mins before half time is exclusive to Sunderland fans!

I've not seen it en masse like that before I don't think.

I'll never understand it.

Sunderland fans on 08:34 - Aug 6 with 2185 viewsFreddies_Ears

Sunderland fans on 08:30 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I've not seen it en masse like that before I don't think.

I'll never understand it.

It's always been like that at the Stadium of Light. Historically, Coventry's Highfield Road was similar - sadly, no need for Cov fans to rush for a pint this season.
Sunderland fans on 08:35 - Aug 6 with 2170 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sunderland fans on 08:34 - Aug 6 by Freddies_Ears

It's always been like that at the Stadium of Light. Historically, Coventry's Highfield Road was similar - sadly, no need for Cov fans to rush for a pint this season.

Funny really, fans moan about the price of tickets, and then choose to watch only 70 mins of football rather than 90.

Sunderland fans on 08:41 - Aug 6 with 2135 viewsJimmyJazz

Sunderland fans on 08:35 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Funny really, fans moan about the price of tickets, and then choose to watch only 70 mins of football rather than 90.

Did they head for home on 80 minutes like some of our fans do?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Sunderland fans on 08:49 - Aug 6 with 2082 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sunderland fans on 08:41 - Aug 6 by JimmyJazz

Did they head for home on 80 minutes like some of our fans do?

Yep.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024